forum home kr home

Kidrobot Discussion Boards

Welcome to the best place on the web to talk about urban vinyl toys, plush, mini-figures, toy-art, toy artists, collecting, customs, & more!

It is currently Sun May 28, 2017 12:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: * Babo Kaiju Clear *
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:46 am 

I'm a bit confused. At Wednesday's Preview night, I went to the Ugly Booth and the woman who helped me told me that none of the clear Babos made it and the only had the solid. She suggested going to the Uglydoll online store. I just checked and yes it is online now.

Anyways, today as I was passing by the Uglydoll booth, I asked another woman and she said yes we do have them. So I bought one but it looks EXACTLY like the solid blue one. I asked if there was a way to tell the difference. She said that I had to take it out of the packaging and then it would be obvious.

So now I'm back in my hotel room and I'm staring at my Babo Kaiju and I have no idea if I have the solid blue or the clear.

Anyone know any trick or suggestion on this? I hope I wasn't sold the solid one by mistake. Oyi!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:06 am 

Hi,

I just had a look on the Online Shop. Ghost Babo and Solid Babo look the same in color, except that Ghost Babo is somewhat translucent. Here are the links so that you can see them on the Online Shop....

Ghost Babo (somewhat translucent)
http://www.shopatron.com/product/part_n ... 20.0.0.0.0

Solid Babo (opaque)
http://www.shopatron.com/product/part_n ... 20.0.0.0.0

If you hold your Babo up against a lamp, can you see right through him? :-k If not, they may have sold you the solid one by mistake.
That might be a good test. If you can see cookies accumulating in his insides, that's a sure give-away! 8-[

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:31 pm 

If you hold Babo up to the light and can see straight through his body, it's the clear one.
Not sure why they told you we didn't have the clear ones, unless they had already sold out. I hope not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:33 pm 

DAVIDUGLY wrote:
If you hold Babo up to the light and can see straight through his body, it's the clear one.
Not sure why they told you we didn't have the clear ones, unless they had already sold out. I hope not.

Thanks David. I think I did get a clear one after holding it to the light. So thanks for the clarification. Yeah I got confused because on Wednesday's Preview night the woman manning the booth told me that they did not make it to the convention and that I could get it online. They only had one of the Ugly Babo on display too and she said that that was the only one they were selling.

Anyways, I got one and so all is good. How is Sun Min????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:38 pm 

There was indeed a Kaiju which did not make it.
Devastating.
Will reveal tomorrow or the day after.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:24 am 

DAVIDUGLY wrote:
There was indeed a Kaiju which did not make it.
Devastating.
Will reveal tomorrow or the day after.

Ohhh the suspense! I can't wait to find out! I thought there were going to be 3 new Kaiju at SDCC08 but maybe there was a 4th. I'll just wait patiently.

*holds breath*

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]