forum home kr home

Kidrobot Discussion Boards

Welcome to the best place on the web to talk about urban vinyl toys, plush, mini-figures, toy-art, toy artists, collecting, customs, & more!

It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:02 am 

MASSIVE MARKDOWN 30-40% OFF

Hi,
Well, my wife and I are having a baby... so... I am selling some of my personal Uglydoll items...

Uglycon Ice Bat Painting
Various Mothman and Flatwoods monsters
Uglycon Ice Bat (grey, pink, brown)
Japan Red Ice Bat Exclusive
LOTS of various plush dolls

They are all currently listed on ebay (I know we're not supposed to post ebay links, but I'd rather not retype everything and post new pictures.) Click here for all the items

My father and I run a store and our ebay ID is "phillips-r-us"

Prices listed are what I would love to get for each item, but will negotiate with Board Members.

All money is going to my new daughter, due in August, so there are lots of diapers that need to be purchased!!

Click here for all the items

"Would I rather be feared or loved? Um... Easy, both.
I want people to be afraid of how much they love me." -- Michael Scott from The Office

Last edited by xphillips on Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:40 am 

Just wanted to say Congratulations!! Oh and I am Due Jan 1st 2009!This will be our first. Won't find out what it's gender is till next month. =o)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:04 am 

good luck on the baby.

please don't post fleabay links :doubt:

Too bad you don't have this toy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:21 am 

bluerib wrote:
good luck on the baby.

please don't post fleabay links :doubt:

Too bad you don't have this toy

+1
some high prices
and bay linke are nonos in the rules

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:52 am 

CONGRATS!!!

KidroboWizard

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:14 pm 

KUP(Keep Us Posted)! :prayer: Ill try to rescue that pink icebat from you XD not promising anythin though

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:43 am 

Dear rule-hawking dinguses:

Welcome to the Uglydoll section. Sure, it might be quiet here now, but there are some things you need to know.

1) There are a lot of people who value and seek out Uglydolls. Not every collectible toy is made of plastic.

2) There's a great history here, with a lot of people who have developed a good reputation amongst the "family," and even with David and Sun Min themselves.

3) Xphillips is one of those people. He's got a great collection and I'd guess that no intelligent person would ever call him a flipper.

4) Sure, there's a rule against posting auction links. Sure, x posted his link here. Tell me: who's it hurting? You and your feelings, bluerib? cublydolls, gimme a break. You say you're "not a newb anymore." Sez who?

Xphillips, sincere congratulations! Sorry you've got to divest a little, but you're adding the best possible member to your family!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:52 am 

TheBookPolice wrote:
Sure, it might be quiet here now, but there are some things you need to know.

You can say that again...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:05 am 

MASSIVE MARKDOWN 30-40% OFF everything!!
24 hour sale

(Thanks for the kind words everyone...!)

"Would I rather be feared or loved? Um... Easy, both.
I want people to be afraid of how much they love me." -- Michael Scott from The Office

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:34 am 

TheBookPolice wrote:
Dear rule-hawking dinguses:

Welcome to the Uglydoll section. Sure, it might be quiet here now, but there are some things you need to know.

1) There are a lot of people who value and seek out Uglydolls. Not every collectible toy is made of plastic.

2) There's a great history here, with a lot of people who have developed a good reputation amongst the "family," and even with David and Sun Min themselves.

3) Xphillips is one of those people. He's got a great collection and I'd guess that no intelligent person would ever call him a flipper.

4) Sure, there's a rule against posting auction links. Sure, x posted his link here. Tell me: who's it hurting? You and your feelings, bluerib? cublydolls, gimme a break. You say you're "not a newb anymore." Sez who?

Xphillips, sincere congratulations! Sorry you've got to divest a little, but you're adding the best possible member to your family!

ok, i see your point. and when I look back at my post I am truly sorry, I was mad at someone (not anyone on the forum) and I guess my anger translated to the post, it happens, im sorry.

by the way thats a great deal now on the Magmen, i might pick up 1 or 2

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:14 am 

p.s. good luck!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:57 am 

cublydolls wrote:
ok, i see your point. and when I look back at my post I am truly sorry, I was mad at someone (not anyone on the forum) and I guess my anger translated to the post, it happens, im sorry.

It's all good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:44 pm 

Congrats on the baby!!! Get ready to have your world turned upside down. In a good way.

spawnonfire,playdoh,eoin3,gtcowgirl,pennjones,twotwelve,jkspade,sleepboy, ontheDL,jager,SnorseWhisperer,tunneler66,c-money,toyzinmyattik,kamacoatl, gonedaddyfinch,alax,dxjock,benvt,organicsalsa,ericericeric,The BoyWunder, crappytrix,cheeky,theboywil,crystaldeth,jlm,Plur511,KinglyDecay,sykogirl, Danimalx, jbar,snooker,HaHaAjp,pop77,buzzelightyear,HSAINGMIN,guzaku,blackey1,Danny909,FoT,robbieXeff,jshea,xbtran,kenobi822

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:48 pm 

congrats

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:10 am 

Congratulations!!!!!! \:D/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:44 am 

xphillips wrote:
MASSIVE MARKDOWN 30-40% OFF everything!!
24 hour sale

(Thanks for the kind words everyone...!)

Aw, I missed this sale. :neutral:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:07 pm 

Let me start off by saying congrats on the baby. I understand that you're a long time and well known member of the board but the rules do specifically say "no eBay links". Also, after looking at some of the things up for sale, you're selling(or as most people here call it "flipping") items from SDCC 08. Items in which you haven't even received yet. Now I have no problem personally with eBay links. I have bought and sold on eBay since it was born. I also have no problem with buying and then re-selling things to make a profit. It's a great way to make money in what many call "hard times". My thing is that other board members are defending you. It's like if you have rank around here you can get away with murder and everybody just turns their head. But some "noob" comes here and tries to do the same thing and they are ridiculed and sometimes even banned. I have no personal issue with xphillips and I'm sorry this was put in your thread but it just helps to bring my point across. Good luck with your sales and with the baby.

Take Care,
Danny

My Sales viewtopic.php?f=43&t=182282
My Heat http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=54070

___________ Hazmapos I need_____________

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:03 am 

I actually completely agree with Danny.

I'm an ebay seller, have been before I was a seller of Uglies and have always been very conscious about keeping my Uglydoll 'selling face' separate from my 'love of Uglydolls face'
The items in question were not bought because they would make a great addition to a collection, they were bought and put on ebay immediately at an extremely inflated amount.

That can and should not be defended by those on here who know better.

Great Trades/Buys/Sales with Raffy, Wadiefong, Coasterbear, Jcsivy, Snoogans, Bonbon, sinderkat, TheBookPolice, ebrodie, aerofine, drunkmoney02, shadowunkle, vinylfan06, shadowchaser, o_kedoki, michaelte101, zonnie5, ninwest, mistachael, Merlin, Haarp, rice_money and there's more, but I've forgotten their names!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:44 pm 

I didn't even look at the auctions before I posted. I looked at them afterwards, and didn't think anything of it. I don't know if the SDCC stuff was always there. I'm not crazy about that particular practice, but that wasn't what xphillips was "advertising" here. Here, he's talking about Ugly stuff. Unless I'm mistaken, it's all in-hand. C'est la vie. There are worse people in the Ugly aftermarket right now.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]