What happened to tooodee?

Moderated by Uglydoll creator David Ugly. David and Sun-Min Kim are the masterminds behind the lovable Uglydoll characters .
jaredtoy

What happened to tooodee?

Post by jaredtoy » Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:21 pm

what happened to the uglydoll called toodee? I know that theres a yo gabba gabba character named toodee too but what happened?Image

y2k

raffy

Post by raffy » Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:44 am

There are a couple of threads that provide a bit more information on this topic, but the short story is that because there was another plush character by the same name produced by a different company, the Uglydoll version was retired. There are a few handmade versions that were released:

1 from intheyellow.com, Japan 2007
2 at Uglycon I in Los Angeles 2006
and I think there was another, perhaps a mini version, but I don't recall from which show or event.
Traveling Babo's latest adventures at:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/travelingbabo/

TheBookPolice

Post by TheBookPolice » Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:45 am

There's quite a bit of discussion about this over on the new forum. Basically, David agreed to take TooDee off the market out of respect for another cartoony character out there named TooDee that "got there first." David didn't say whose character it was, but I'd be surprised (a little) if it was Gabba Hey.

[ Added: Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:46 am ]
Jinx, raffy!
out of office

MaurinQuina22

Bring Toodee Back!

Post by MaurinQuina22 » Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:25 am

It's too bad Toodee was discontinued altogether rather than just being reissued under a new name or something. If I recall correctly, his discontinuation was not under hostile circumstances, so I don't see why the person that David discontinued Toodee for would have a problem with the plush itself still being around. I mean, if Uglydolls can change colors, sizes, and -in Tray's case- genders, who's to say that Toodee can't don a new alias? I liked his design a lot. Let's see him back again! :-)

peaco

Re: Bring Toodee Back!

Post by peaco » Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:04 pm

MaurinQuina22 wrote:Let's see him back again! :-)

That is the last thing that will happen...

DAVIDUGLY

Post by DAVIDUGLY » Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:41 pm

TheBookPolice wrote:There's quite a bit of discussion about this over on the new forum. Basically, David agreed to take TooDee off the market out of respect for another cartoony character out there named TooDee that "got there first." David didn't say whose character it was, but I'd be surprised (a little) if it was Gabba Hey.

[ Added: Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:46 am ]
Jinx, raffy!

We were first but the respect and well wishes part was true. I wish I could say which company it was or anything else but I can't say a word more or they can take away my raft and wood cabin.