forum home kr home

Kidrobot Discussion Boards

Welcome to the best place on the web to talk about urban vinyl toys, plush, mini-figures, toy-art, toy artists, collecting, customs, & more!

It is currently Sun May 28, 2017 4:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:21 pm 

what happened to the uglydoll called toodee? I know that theres a yo gabba gabba character named toodee too but what happened?Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:44 am 

There are a couple of threads that provide a bit more information on this topic, but the short story is that because there was another plush character by the same name produced by a different company, the Uglydoll version was retired. There are a few handmade versions that were released:

1 from intheyellow.com, Japan 2007
2 at Uglycon I in Los Angeles 2006
and I think there was another, perhaps a mini version, but I don't recall from which show or event.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/travelingbabo/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:45 am 

There's quite a bit of discussion about this over on the new forum. Basically, David agreed to take TooDee off the market out of respect for another cartoony character out there named TooDee that "got there first." David didn't say whose character it was, but I'd be surprised (a little) if it was Gabba Hey.

[ Added: Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:46 am ]
Jinx, raffy!

Post subject: Bring Toodee Back!
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:25 am 

It's too bad Toodee was discontinued altogether rather than just being reissued under a new name or something. If I recall correctly, his discontinuation was not under hostile circumstances, so I don't see why the person that David discontinued Toodee for would have a problem with the plush itself still being around. I mean, if Uglydolls can change colors, sizes, and -in Tray's case- genders, who's to say that Toodee can't don a new alias? I liked his design a lot. Let's see him back again! :-)

Post subject: Re: Bring Toodee Back!
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:04 pm 

MaurinQuina22 wrote:
Let's see him back again! :-)

That is the last thing that will happen...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:41 pm 

TheBookPolice wrote:
There's quite a bit of discussion about this over on the new forum. Basically, David agreed to take TooDee off the market out of respect for another cartoony character out there named TooDee that "got there first." David didn't say whose character it was, but I'd be surprised (a little) if it was Gabba Hey.

[ Added: Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:46 am ]
Jinx, raffy!

We were first but the respect and well wishes part was true. I wish I could say which company it was or anything else but I can't say a word more or they can take away my raft and wood cabin.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]