forum home kr home

Kidrobot Discussion Boards

Welcome to the best place on the web to talk about urban vinyl toys, plush, mini-figures, toy-art, toy artists, collecting, customs, & more!

It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 11:54 am 

Last edited by Arts Unknown on Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 2:07 pm 

interesting, KR release?

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 2:08 pm 

Nope

Good Sellers: orangeroad; zonrboy; edouble

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 2:23 pm 

Toy2r? If so we should see this sometime in 2020

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 3:03 pm 

No - it's us...

2010 (although it could be early 2011)

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 5:09 pm 

is it a rhino & baby elephant?

please confirm the anus & smork please

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 8:33 pm 

Check and 50% check...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:52 am 

Hi everybody,

We are a new UK-based art toy company called Arts Unknown.

In the works we currently have new, and original, production pieces by Frank Kozik, Doktor A, and Gary Baseman, with more artists to follow soon.

My partner and I are huge art enthusiasts and have both been collecting vinyl for many years now. We were thinking of starting a business that we were both passionate about and producing art toys was the obvious choice. We are really excited (and also count ourselves very lucky) to have begun our journey with such awesome artists, all of whom have been an absolute pleasure to work with.

Some of our other favourites are: Joe Ledbetter; Touma; Brandt Peters; Luke Chueh; Jesse Hernandez; Kathie Olivas; David Flores; Angry Woebots; and Todd Schorr.

Our chief goal is simple: to produce high-quality toys designed by talented artists.

And as soon as the company has the stability it needs to be able to grow, we plan to produce work by many up-and-coming artists who haven’t yet been given the chance to break into the industry.

Once the Arts Unknown website is up there will be an interview with Frank posted on his profile page for you guys to check out, along with prototype photos of his piece as well.

In the meantime, here are a few more teaser pics whilst we wait for those prototype shots to be ready...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:42 pm 

Looks interesting cant wait to see more

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:55 pm 

Hi everybody,

For those of you that missed our previous posts, we are a new art toy company called Arts Unknown, and in the works we currently have new, and original, production pieces by Frank Kozik, Doktor A and Gary Baseman, with more artists to follow.

The website is now live and there are some new pictures for you guys to check out.

We are launching an exclusive membership program soon and would like to offer places to people on the forums before anyone else. Places are limited and will be offered on a first come first-served basis. By signing up to the list on our website you will be among the first people notified when places become available.

The Arts Unknown Membership fee is $100 per year, and for that fee you will receive:
1) One FREE Members-Only Colorway per year (Worth $100; not for sale anywhere else).
2) The ability to purchase the Members-Only Colorway for all other pieces. (Not for sale anywhere else).
3) Priority pre-ordering for all our regular releases and convention exclusives.
4) Access to the members-only section of our website.
5) Queuing Priority for convention signings.
6) 2 tickets instead of 1 for all Arts Unknown lotteries.
7) 10% off when you pre-pay for six colorways of any particular piece.
8) Invitations to all Arts Unknown gallery events.
9) Other exclusive offers throughout the year.

If you’d like to register, or just have a look at the first colorway, then mosey on over to our website at http://www.artsunknown.com

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:05 am 

what's the timeline on these pieces?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:52 pm 

tedmcintyre wrote:
what's the timeline on these pieces?

Actually, we're just about to post some new pics within the next few days. The prototypes are nearly ready so it shouldn't be too long till we have some pictures of the color samples. We're aiming for these to arrive during the second quarter of 2011...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:21 pm 

I’m sure by now a lot of you have already seen the images of Frank’s original turnaround drawings for the OG and Members’ colorways of William, Henry & Reginald, but I thought I’d post them here for those who haven’t.

We’re now very close to having the prototype finished – we’re just making sure that everything’s perfect before we post any pics.

Also, Frank was kind enough to let us quiz him recently on his background as an artist, and on his place within the Art Toy industry, so if you fancy a quick glimpse behind the curtain, shoot over to www.artsunknown.com to check out the interview. And while you’re there, don’t forget to register your interest in our membership program if you haven’t done so already.

You can also click on the buttons on our home page to follow us on Twitter (@Arts_Unknown) or to read our blog, both of which we’ll be updating regularly with all Arts Unknown goings on, along with other news from the artists we’re working with, and the Art Toy world in general.

Cheers,

Paul
Arts Unknown

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:57 pm 

"total disgrace, alot of artists have been screwed by mindstyle, this is a claim that can be backed up BIGTIME!. In fact we could write a book on it! I don't have a grudge cause my situation has been done n gone, but i know of many other HUNGRY people wanting to produce work who will never see what they so rightly deserve, payment and samples, and whatever mindstyle decides to do with your art...you will have no say or control"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:09 pm 

This will be my first kozik piece I'll be adding to my collection. These look great. Any idea when the drop date is??

follow me on instagram: @tonydevitoart

online store: deVitoart.storenvy.com

zombie sanctuary BB series thread.
http://forums.kidrobot.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=157625&p=2062406#p2062406

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:04 pm 

Diakka00 wrote:
This will be my first kozik piece I'll be adding to my collection. These look great. Any idea when the drop date is??

Thanks for the kind words. They'll ship 3rd quarter 2011. Also, William the rhino is 8" tall, and there's a Chase colorway as well.

And if you want to get hold of the Members-Only colorway you'll need to sign up for the membership program on our website, but there aren't many places left.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:58 am 

love the 'stache, and the fez on the elephant.

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 4:30 pm 

William, Henry and Reginald are finally in production! Here are some pics from the factory (minus Henry)...

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 10:40 pm 

Arts Unknown wrote:
William, Henry and Reginald are finally in production! Here are some pics from the factory (minus Henry)...

Awesome! Want status increasing dramatically....

Great transactions with: MinusOneMoose, belfinatorzz111, Cezza_4.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:06 am 

Here are some pics of the William, Henry and Reginald color samples. Finally we're making some progress!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:47 pm 

any room on the arts unknown membership?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:50 pm 

William, Henry & Reginald have finally arrived in the US and should start shipping out from our warehouse within the next week or so. And the EU shipment is due to arrive at our warehouse on the 18th so it won't be too much later before they're with us Europeans. Thank you all for sticking with us this long!

In the meantime, here are a couple of photos we took at the factory when we were there a few weeks ago:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:30 pm 

looking gooood! congrats! 8)

TRUSTED: marshhouse, mcnail, andydiesel, hero, silver, sindekat, mzkayDi, FericFanatic, sadistic spork, pinkus, Slvgx, DeanoMeano, dodgrr, zephyr, corsair, KANO, tedmcintyre, c483125117, kidrobotNY, Autodactyl, M500, magicmanjk808, dunquixote, NinJaSkills

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:33 am 

So dragatomi will be getting them in the next week and shipping to us before Christmas ?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:27 pm 

drummerboy2 wrote:
So dragatomi will be getting them in the next week and shipping to us before Christmas ?

All I can say is that Dragatomi should have them in about a week or so. You'd have to ask them when they'll ship them out. I don't see any reason why they wouldn't get them out straight away, but it's definitely worth checking with them.