forum home kr home

Kidrobot Discussion Boards

Welcome to the best place on the web to talk about urban vinyl toys, plush, mini-figures, toy-art, toy artists, collecting, customs, & more!

It is currently Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:02 pm 

lazarus wrote:
Kronk Labbits were dope. Kind of labbit'd out right now though

+1

i said this with the happy labbits, sorry to be a broken record, but man thats my problem here exactly, it looks like such a design recycle. as a collector with almost complete 2nd, 3rd, & 4th series sets, this is a letdown. another polkadot, another plane (not distinct enough to justify re-issuing, now it just seems like my chase plane is less special), more camo, another knife in a new color, another prison-ball, and i think three in a plain color? the clear one is cool, the glossy might be cool, but meh. I think he really raised my expectations with #4, by coming up with totally new stuff then, both graphically and with new shapes/accessories.

sorry to be such a hater. i wish i loved the sitting up labbits more, because those are new to the series. i DO love the kronk series, and have been debating picking up a bunch or getting a whole case, but either way i'm going to definitely be adding those to my collection. and labbits are still one of my favorite sculpts, i guess that's why i hope for more.

edit: sorry Dupper...again, haha

28 Good Transactions: adik.na.chinoy, aquaphase, bk_ck, carcrashheather, cer0z, cherieshipwreck, cry5tal, Diakka00, DrftDrgn21, haggard, igbid, jaybi, luckyscrm(x2), origami_potato, pinkus, rco, robbieXeff, sinkFLsink, Soft As Sin, STP03bluesi, trentmath, tron, turbobert, useless toys, WKY, zonrboy, ZERO27
My Collection: http://forums.kidrobot.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=162540
My Wishlist: http://rotocasted.com/marissaurus/wishlist/

My Matryoshka Project: http://marstoyship.com/
http://forums.kidrobot.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=174504

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:13 pm 

Dupper wrote:
lazarus wrote:

I guess i'm the only one that thought the Kronk labbits were terrible. THe quality control and colors look awful! they're so dull and the ink looks faded

This new labbit series has a stabey, a white frosted labbit AND a drillone looking labbit!? come on!

The Kronk Labbits threw me for a loop- at first I thought they looked dumb, then in really comparing them to what else is done, they're neat. I like that they're a new size, and maybe I could customize some/we'll get to see cool customs.

With these though, like most BBs, I don't feel compelled to collect and own them.

More Tasha Zimich Painting & Customs

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:50 pm 

Marissaurus wrote:
lazarus wrote:

+1

i said this with the happy labbits, sorry to be a broken record, but man thats my problem here exactly, it looks like such a design recycle. as a collector with almost complete 2nd, 3rd, & 4th series sets, this is a letdown. another polkadot, another plane (not distinct enough to justify re-issuing, now it just seems like my chase plane is less special), more camo, another knife in a new color, another prison-ball, and i think three in a plain color? the clear one is cool, the glossy might be cool, but meh. I think he really raised my expectations with #4, by coming up with totally new stuff then, both graphically and with new shapes/accessories.

sorry to be such a hater. i wish i loved the sitting up labbits more, because those are new to the series. i DO love the kronk series, and have been debating picking up a bunch or getting a whole case, but either way i'm going to definitely be adding those to my collection. and labbits are still one of my favorite sculpts, i guess that's why i hope for more.

edit: sorry Dupper...again, haha

The whole series for the most part is just a redo of previous Labbits/molds.

Stand Up Labbits = Party Naked Labbit Monger
Prison = Jailbird
Plane x2 = Series 4 Chase
Knife In the Back = Series 4 Chase
Crown on Brown Stand Up = Exact Crown from Smokey El Roi

I'm a huge Labbit fan and I don't know, it just seems slapped together. I know they're Labbits and they should be simple but to be redone and on top of that destroying chases, doesn't make sense.

Recommended Sellers/Buyers:
"useless toys(x2)" "jjH8te" "jedijordan2046" "liveordunny" "donkeykonk" "Gothamite80" "DrewBlood" "Johnny_Gringo" "Merlin" "MidasTouch357" "yourfacehxc" "mannyx" "Nicknards" "therealchinaman" "quentdiggy" "Shibori" "APsychoCareBear" "Hatch" "malac_cj" "Pandasashi" "Mouser47" MANY MANY MORE, losing track of them all!!!

NEW Online Library & Marketplace for Designer Toy Collectors! Check it out and sign up @ http://trampt.com/u/Mongo_Lloyd

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:37 pm 

I love that I can now have planes and stabby! Too bad the black stabby labbit doesn't have the surprised face though

BEAUTIFUL TRANSACTIONS:

[watty] [BIGWilly92] [restaurador] [j0nwalsh] [quentdiggy] [tevans48371] [wolk] [moop2000] [PinoyJedi] [TerrorPanda] [silviajdm] [arc] [DunnyMeister] [robbieXeff] [ghettoaxe] [sevren] [gnave] [BHKidRobotNYC] [kittycat] [desecration] [mrnvisible] [1upgames] [Quest1] [adik.na.chinoy] [ChewieOK X 2] [robynndarcy] [KFin67] [richL] [clarkp23] [donkeykonk] [NinjaSkills] [HeyJB] [snitz] [amavevera] [Buellster] [ohtwofour] [HiJaak] [xxclandestinexx] [thermometer] [garbagedick] [Quest1] [Flutters] [brobles] [cbizzle9769] [paulzdeep] [Amethystcape] [chocoboy83] [natenineten][snowdragon101] [Freakinkram88] [mzkayDi] [Ak4play] [Actual Size] [babbage1851] [johnnyterrible][paul] [tedmcintyre] [rJl] [chapper] [Pezhead23] [Boysen300] [Lfamc] [Nicedream] [Two Star] [mikeysee] [partyat2am][Riotzact][Noeleaser]

Trade Thread- viewtopic.php?f=43&t=151786

discounted Kidrobot stuff. http://fab.com/8leud6 HAS KIDROBOT ATM!!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:44 am 

No actual fried chicken :( :D

*Disclaimer: Mini Smorkin’ Labbits contain no actual fried chicken. It is only a slogan on the packaging that is meant to entice you to purchase several thousand Mini Smorkin’ Labbits so you can fill up a small plastic wading pool with them and then roll around in it laughing hysterically. If you bought a Mini Smorkin’ Labbit in the hopes of getting a very tiny piece of actual fried chicken, because, well, maybe you were hungry, you have our apologies

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:24 am 

Mongo Lloyd wrote:
and on top of that destroying chases, doesn't make sense.

That's definitely a -1 :/ Keeping things on the cutting edge seems like it would be the goal, and trying to keep throw-backs to a minimum, or else to play it for wicked nostalgia instead of just recycling.

Now, if these were on the slightly larger scale like the new Kronk set, that would have been fun.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:36 am 

TashaLlama wrote:
Mongo Lloyd wrote:
and on top of that destroying chases, doesn't make sense.

That's definitely a -1 :/ Keeping things on the cutting edge seems like it would be the goal, and trying to keep throw-backs to a minimum, or else to play it for wicked nostalgia instead of just recycling.

Now, if these were on the slightly larger scale like the new Kronk set, that would have been fun.

I like to think that the 7" and 2.5" will be kept specifically for collabs. Specials and artist series respectively.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:51 am 

^ That makes a lot of sense, I can appreciate that.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:26 pm 

I don't understand how people can complain about another labbit series existing! I love all these labbits and would much rather have this new series come out sooner rather than later. If you don't want any of them right now, just wait a few months to start collecting them. THey'll be there

BEAUTIFUL TRANSACTIONS:

[watty] [BIGWilly92] [restaurador] [j0nwalsh] [quentdiggy] [tevans48371] [wolk] [moop2000] [PinoyJedi] [TerrorPanda] [silviajdm] [arc] [DunnyMeister] [robbieXeff] [ghettoaxe] [sevren] [gnave] [BHKidRobotNYC] [kittycat] [desecration] [mrnvisible] [1upgames] [Quest1] [adik.na.chinoy] [ChewieOK X 2] [robynndarcy] [KFin67] [richL] [clarkp23] [donkeykonk] [NinjaSkills] [HeyJB] [snitz] [amavevera] [Buellster] [ohtwofour] [HiJaak] [xxclandestinexx] [thermometer] [garbagedick] [Quest1] [Flutters] [brobles] [cbizzle9769] [paulzdeep] [Amethystcape] [chocoboy83] [natenineten][snowdragon101] [Freakinkram88] [mzkayDi] [Ak4play] [Actual Size] [babbage1851] [johnnyterrible][paul] [tedmcintyre] [rJl] [chapper] [Pezhead23] [Boysen300] [Lfamc] [Nicedream] [Two Star] [mikeysee] [partyat2am][Riotzact][Noeleaser]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:06 pm 

Sure they'll be there, ;) But the excitement surrounding a drop, finding chases, and being among the first to order, pull, share, etc will have all stagnated. Even though I'm not really into BBs, I can appreciate that for those who are, it's an event/interactive thing to do with the community, and not just a new item.

The only (marketing) thing I can think to explain dropping 2 Labbit series ontop of eachother might be they have some really great stuff for the fall/Christmas etc, were they want them to be the focus.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:52 pm 

I have all the S4 chases, but I'm fine with them reusing those sculpts for new designs. Especially plane labbits -- the first one was so cool I'd love a whole fleet of different designs! :rock:

Also really liking the gloss and the prison jumpsuit, maybe the neon green too -- can't make out what the logo on him is...?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:22 pm 

battlecat wrote:
I have all the S4 chases, but I'm fine with them reusing those sculpts for new designs. Especially plane labbits -- the first one was so cool I'd love a whole fleet of different designs! :rock:

Also really liking the gloss and the prison jumpsuit, maybe the neon green too -- can't make out what the logo on him is...?

it's a biohazard sign like with the hazmat chase from the happy labbit series. I think the point of this series is to create pairs for existing labbits. Pretty awesome

BEAUTIFUL TRANSACTIONS:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:36 am 

EDIT: guess it got moved and this one got combined

Can't find the old thread anywhere so here

Product Preview – Smorkin’ Labbit Mini Series
by KidrobotJuly 27th, 2012Published in ToysView 2 Comments

Resistance is futile.

Kozik x Kidrobot present Mini Smorkin’ Labbit Mini Series, now with fried chicken! * Both elegant and outrageous, the newest labbit mini series from Kozik is totally addictive. 18 enticing character designs feature Labbit at war, glossy, camouflaged, royal, hungry, clear, chatty, bolted, nuclear, detained, cut up, bloody, dotted, and of course, armed with chicken. So good, you can’t have just one.

You will be assimilated beginning August 9 at Kidrobot stores, kidrobot.com, and select retailers. Each of these Smorkin’ Labbits retails for $4.95 US (£4.10 UK, €4.70 EU).

*Disclaimer: Mini Smorkin’ Labbits contain no actual fried chicken. It is only a slogan on the packaging that is meant to entice you to purchase several thousand Mini Smorkin’ Labbits so you can fill up a small plastic wading pool with them and then roll around in it laughing hysterically. If you bought a Mini Smorkin’ Labbit in the hopes of getting a very tiny piece of actual fried chicken, because, well, maybe you were hungry, you have our apologies.

Last edited by waSd on Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:38 am 

Anyone know the ratios

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:55 pm 

Dupper wrote:
it's a biohazard sign like with the hazmat chase from the happy labbit series.

Cheers.

waSd wrote:
Anyone know the ratios

blue, mustard, clear, purple gloss, polkadot, bolted, knifed, and f-grade meat are 2/25
LOL!, camo, prison jumpsuit, and biohazard are 1/25
plane and crowned sitting are 3/50
pink standing, white standing, and '?' (looks like another plane) are 1/50
skeleton sitting is ?/??

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:13 pm 

yep, all of them are 2 per a case except for the orange prison, bio hazard, LOL, grey camo which are all 1/25. The regular green airplane is 3 in 50 and the mystery airplane is 1/50. All of the labbits that are standing up are roughly 1 in 50 except for the brown crown labbit which is 3 in 50 :-)

BEAUTIFUL TRANSACTIONS:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:15 pm 

I guess this means ratio wise that every case is good

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:52 pm 

definitely! it looks like you'll get every figure and then 1 or 2 of the standing up labbits. I forgot to mention that the skeleton standing up labbit is ?/??

BEAUTIFUL TRANSACTIONS:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:56 pm 

The skeleton has to be 1/50 that's all that's left

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:24 pm 

waSd wrote:
The skeleton has to be 1/50 that's all that's left

that's what I was thinking too. I'm excited because all the ones I want are really common and it looks like people that buy cases will have tons of doubles :-)

BEAUTIFUL TRANSACTIONS:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:35 am 

I have seen people are selling them. Thought they were out next week any one have a set yet? I like these guys....want to get a set...the kronk were dope. I think it is that the labbits are similar to other labbit series...but like them. I got the happy labbits and love the kronk would love to see a big labbit set by Frank too. it seems like this is the year of the labbit! :D

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:10 pm 

brgam wrote:
I have seen people are selling them. Thought they were out next week any one have a set yet? I like these guys....want to get a set...the kronk were dope. I think it is that the labbits are similar to other labbit series...but like them. I got the happy labbits and love the kronk would love to see a big labbit set by Frank too. it seems like this is the year of the labbit! :D

it looks like the stores got their cases early and some are selling them off when they're not supposed to. Am I the only one that likes the little labbits better than the big ones?

BEAUTIFUL TRANSACTIONS:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:48 pm 

I like them both...love the Kronk and want a set of these too!!!!!! :D :D

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:34 am 

god.. i'm gonna need to buy a case.. save me! :tonqe:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:23 pm 

is there really no leaks on the secret plane labbit yet!?

BEAUTIFUL TRANSACTIONS:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next