Labbit goes to Burning Man

Moderated by Frank Kozik.Talk about all Kozik related topics here. Go off on Figures, Posters, Prints, and more!

Moderator: Kidrobot Guru

lucidruthie

Labbit goes to Burning Man

Post by lucidruthie » Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:33 pm

Although I'm sure some may think it was abusive, I took one of my labbits to Burning Man this year and took some photos of him on some art installations out on the playa. Everyone loved him, he got a lot of attention...

I figured I'd share some of my photos here, on the off chance that people appreciate photos of Kozik stuff in odd places. I'm not sure that this hasn't already happened before (Labbits at Burning Man), but I'm bringing him back again next year for a much more extensive tour de art. It was really dusty towards the end of the week (which was when I had planned to do this whole photo project), so it wasn't much fun riding my bike around in dust storms with a labbit in a bag. I think I'm making him a harness for next year...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lucidfotos/sets/72157624812433941/with/4981342997/

Notable shots include my campmate feeding him cereal, Labbit up on a very large metal woman's foot, and trying to open a container of "hooch" (homemade booze, probably flamable, someone noted he should "put out that cigarette lest he go up in flames".

:)

ArdabusRubber

Re: Labbit goes to Burning Man

Post by ArdabusRubber » Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:05 pm

those are some awesome pics!

i really like the one of the labbit in front of the giant burning bowl.

thanks for sharing!
I use fuzzy sticks to put colors on things | www.ardabusrubber.com | store

great boardies: l0xns0cks, wjlaak01, TacoHerder
great transactions: AlbertOne, anew addict, apeboy, Babyfreak6 x3, bluezdr4gon, broke4toys x2, carcrashheather,clarkp23, deadlemming, dubwars x2, Fuller2356, Floyd 44 x2, gmiddleswarth x2, hypnotiq, iszcross, jayneticz, JayJayFool, KADunny, krash x3, l0xns0cks x6, LFarnc x5, LonerStoner x3, NinJaSkills, nguyenma, NSTNATE, mrnvisible, Nicocato, nvs, paul, Retro603, Rmanintheny, robynndarcy, Saulvation, Shankweather, Sykogrl, Spooky+, TacoHerder x3, Turcicus x3, Turdhole x2, Vanitysnob, vinyltoyz, wooly x2, wyldaxe, wjlaak01 x 4, yup, Zero Mistro, 1V1ARTIN x2,

nimsu

Post by nimsu » Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:40 am

great pics. the burning bowl one is good and the trampoline one made me chuckle for some reason. it looks like the labbit is almost saying "What the f*ck do you want me to do? Jump up and down for you"

lucidruthie

Post by lucidruthie » Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:39 pm

Lazy bastard made me carry him everywhere. And complained incessantly about the dust.

I feel like a bad labbit mama, I shipped him back in a storage bin that was put on a big shipping container making its way across the country.

Originally I was going to have people sign him or doodle on him, but I was worried about the environment making a huge sharpie fail. He's definitely no longer mint. :)
Super Awesome Transactions with:
wacko, oversprayed, magicmanjk808, agitprop, grimlock, kngwiz, misterine, shadowchaser, poppacap, downtownatdawn, whyhoo, pennjones, doughyboy, ROCSone, scud80, quahogclam, jennypenny, sym408, joeydzzle, stainlessgoddes, chelseacandy, DeanoMeano, Devilboy, Hillel, OntheDL, nmr509, jess1cuh, orangefish, CurseTheSeen, another-waver, uncleplant, decay1369, d0m0kun, henry brazil, twitchy, doobs1, jocappy, c.drx, motorbot, s(p)am, andytalaga, acityinside, desecration, tedmcintyre, metatron1050, ABJ603, meanmistert, aplabbitlover, kidrobotNY, ChefJT

elevatedflow

Post by elevatedflow » Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:15 pm

Labbit w/ the jar FTW~!
Great Sellers :
Reactor88,Dodecahedron,mp46,wsg313,ckwok528,nerbous,chronic
stylepiggy,jmf337,YummyOreos,poopchalupa,FericFanatic,Memcleod
heebysdaman,sstroh84,robbieXeff,nick210214,Slack,CAR,SJSharkie
hypekickz,bigdaddyh,A.D.B,haseown,dunnydummy,scud80,jdmslut
halfapparition,t0nyxp,ineedalife,tr3e,kevbayer,core4pro,adik.na.chinoy
eyeforaneye,JaneMancini,666doll,ineedalife,NewAddictions

Great Buys & Trades :
WandererLA, lbzx006x, fifobkc, masonmxn

My Collection!

GreenMtnLabbit

Post by GreenMtnLabbit » Wed May 11, 2011 9:33 pm

Thanks for sharing the photos. I don't think it's abusive; I imagine the labbit rather enjoys life outside a box or display shelf.

I take my labbits everywhere! I have one labbit that's just filthy now. I wash him, but he's got some stains on him. Abusive to collectors, but I don't get joy seeing my labbit on a shelf.

I really like the photos you took with the headphones! I hope you still take him around with you!
Love labbits? Vist Year of the Labbit, my photo blog featuring the adventures of my happy labbits, and yummy recipes of things labbits like to eat (vegetarian, of course).