forum home kr home

Kidrobot Discussion Boards

Welcome to the best place on the web to talk about urban vinyl toys, plush, mini-figures, toy-art, toy artists, collecting, customs, & more!

It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 1:03 pm 

signedbykozik wrote:
In getting back to the topic....somewhat.

For all those familiar with Howard Stern and "Eric The Midget/Actor", the term "0.0" is a familiar one.

In keeping with that, those subbers who were concerned should know that SBK received from Frank a grand total of:

0.0 Selfridges

For those subbers that get one, CONGRATS! Saw it today and it is really cool!

I don't think concerned is the right word, you have just as much right to having the same odds as the rest of us.

I didn't think they were distributed yet. Do you mean Frank did the pull already and assigned them? If that's the case, and you guys didn't get any, that increases my chances to 6 in 26 or 23%. :)

Maybe Frank can post who the lucky 6 are. Let me be one. [-o<

Kom22

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 1:25 pm 

kom22 wrote:
signedbykozik wrote:

For all those familiar with Howard Stern and "Eric The Midget/Actor", the term "0.0" is a familiar one.

In keeping with that, those subbers who were concerned should know that SBK received from Frank a grand total of:

0.0 Selfridges

I don't think concerned is the right word, you have just as much right to having the same odds as the rest of us.

I didn't think they were distributed yet. Do you mean Frank did the pull already and assigned them? If that's the case, and you guys didn't get any, that increases my chances to 6 in 26 or 23%. :)

Kom22

Let me put it to you this way, today I saw the subber boxes packaged up ready to be mailed and those who are lucky enough to get a Selfridges Labbit will get one in the next mailing.

www.signedbykozik.com is proud to offer you a wide variety of collectible toys, prints, skate decks, books, exclusives and other memorabilia personally signed by Frank Kozik. Please also check out our Twitter page www.twitter.com/signedbykozik for more Frank Kozik goodness.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 1:38 pm 

signedbykozik wrote:
kom22 wrote:
signedbykozik wrote:

0.0 Selfridges

Kom22

Let me put it to you this way, today I saw the subber boxes packaged up ready to be mailed and those who are lucky enough to get a Selfridges Labbit will get one in the next mailing.

Sweet. Quick turnaround by Frank for the next boxes. :)

Gotta like that. \:D/

Any hints to the next box? I assume pink and blue labbits, and the 15" labbits? Any other surprises while you were there today?

Kom22

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 2:02 pm 

All arguing aside, LOL at the price! 100 pcs or not, a 10 inch Labbit should NEVER be more than $40 US. You can't tell me that there's not a warehouse full of blank labbits, dunnys, munnys, qees, or any other platform that they can paint any way they choose, at any time they choose. My collection is probably more than half Kozik stuff, but I'll definitely be passing on this one.

If KR is trying to price people out of collecting vinyl, they're off to a good start.

Great People: phatcapsfan, DannyDesign, P4U53, Iliksprite

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 4:38 pm 

kom22 wrote:

true that.

[ Added: Sun May 10, 2009 1:40 pm ]
vinylnoob wrote:
All arguing aside, LOL at the price! 100 pcs or not, a 10 inch Labbit should NEVER be more than $40 US. You can't tell me that there's not a warehouse full of blank labbits, dunnys, munnys, qees, or any other platform that they can paint any way they choose, at any time they choose. My collection is probably more than half Kozik stuff, but I'll definitely be passing on this one.

If KR is trying to price people out of collecting vinyl, they're off to a good start.

I get it if there's a big paint job and accessories... a special box, special paint, etc... lots of things can go into making pieces cost more, and make it ok to charge more. But I agree with you... this friggin labbit is just plain yellow!

(but I do want one. fingers crossed.!)

ASHLEY WOOD!! SUCKADELIC!!! INSTINCTOY!!!! Flores: Kid Dragon (gray), (white/p) - Tigerbabies, Fatimas, - Fowler GIant Snorse!, Final 3" DUNNYS!: 3 Toycon, -Dok A UK Rup, Baron/Rupp/Kora-fatale COARSE: - 1:3 chopper, the 10" figures MICHAEL LAU: -NYFATs: Maharishi LE, MISC: -RED SOUR! Doma Astronaut Jesus (og), -KR Mascots #1 + #5 Shinjuku, Luke Chueh: p'ssed Mono, severed head. FAILE Bunny Boy, Junko-Keiko/Kaori, HuckxRick Owens
WTS/T: Great vinyl (rare dunnys/labbit/minis/buds, Coarse, Michael Lau, bearbricks) rare treeson, Sealed Cases (dunnys, inventsville, doma, mad, kozik, etc) as well as art/photo books ~$ PM!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 9:18 pm 

vinylnoob wrote:

KR didn't price these. Selfridges did.

Kom22

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 10:39 pm 

I got a Pantone 109 Labbit coming to my house as we speak, yeah I spent the money, but I don't give a nunchucks, sometimes you gotta do that sort of crap. Which is pretty funny since I still haven't picked up the 20" Murder dunny and I passed on the 1984 labbit...

smpt wrote:
Anyone got a pic of the El Maz and Jeffrey Starr collab for dunny 2012?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 4:10 am 

signedbykozik wrote:

Ok, for all the crap I give you SBK, the zeropointzero comment is funny as hell and one of the things that makes me laugh everytime i hear it.....well that am I AM Darth Nihilus

So, Kozik fan, Stern fan....you cant all that bad

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 4:47 am 

Kevbayer wrote:
signedbykozik wrote:

Ok, for all the crap I give you SBK, the zeropointzero comment is funny as hell and one of the things that makes me laugh everytime i hear it.....well that am I AM Darth Nihilus

So, Kozik fan, Stern fan....you cant all that bad

Kom22

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 11:48 pm 

frank kozik wrote:
160 pounds? jesus nunchucks christ

I know frank, that's what i thought. I mean, your new El Panda customs work out to about the same and no offence, but they're worth it.

Selfridges have come off pretty bad on this one, but then they charge, what is it, £7.95 for a BB Dunny.

I wonder if KR are regretting teaming up with them, i hope so, because they're crap

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 2:30 am 

I just got mine in the mail, I love it. Pics soon I'm waiting for my new camera to arrive also...

smpt wrote:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 4:03 pm 

useless toys wrote:
I got a Pantone 109 Labbit coming to my house as we speak, yeah I spent the money, but I don't give a nunchucks, sometimes you gotta do that sort of crap. Which is pretty funny since I still haven't picked up the 20" Murder dunny and I passed on the 1984 labbit...

The 1984 is a much nicer labbit than the expensive yellow one and a quarter of the price.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 12:56 am 

Ok so I did some official compaining and it turns out that Selfridges did this on their own as far as the pricing. They paid the NORMAL wholesale price for a limited 10".

KR is looking into this as it came as a surprise to them as well.

As far as the SBK argument, I will sell multiple subs to whoever wants them, as well as excess stock in 'bulk' at wholesale, and in all cases I can only recommend the retail price and it is NOT up to me what peole do with what is essentially their property once I get my asking price. I cannnot tell people NOT to sell, trade or destroy the stuff once it is theirs.

SBK has lots of stuff because they show up at least once a week, cash in hand and never mess around. If anyone else wants to do the same, they are always welcome.
They also buy direct from Kidrobot, and always buy multiples when other stores/retailers/SDCC etc do an exclusive or whatever... so often times they have more stuff than a normal subber would.

as far as subbers, they get the exact same treatment and 'odds' of random allotments as anyone else, since I make a point of 'blind packing' the subber boxes, that is, the boxes are packed, then addressed, so I wont subconsciousy play favorites. Some times I dont even pack the boxes, if it happens to be a day my assistant dude is there.

-Frank

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 1:00 am 

frank kozik wrote:
Ok so I did some official compaining and it turns out that Selfridges did this on their own as far as the pricing. They paid the NORMAL wholesale price for a limited 10".

Sucks for me then, like I said though, sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do...

smpt wrote:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 1:08 am 

useless toys wrote:
frank kozik wrote:

Sucks for me then, like I said though, sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do...

maybe it is that price so they DONT sell, they have these things in a very nice display and so selling them would ruin it.

Im waiting for the sale to start after the event ends.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 8:25 am 

frank kozik wrote:

Interesting. £160 definitely feels like getting violated in the poop chute whilst sugar is being poured down my gas tank.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 3:56 pm 

frank kozik wrote:

-Frank

Don't really think so, as they are advertising the price on their site...
http://www.kidrobot.com/content.cfm?sec ... 00_labbits

Post subject: Selfridges
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 12:20 am 

Congrats on winning one of these guys Jackuzzy!!!!! I missed out on the contest entirely. Oh well, i know Kom did too, so I don't feel so bad. We'll just have to wait for our lucky subber boxes!!!!!
T

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 9:07 am 

Subtract one from my complete 10" Labbit collection, I am never gonna pay that kind of money for a labbit. Absurd. Someone let me know when they go on sale.

Great purchases from HBCoffin, Quest1mark, ontheDLwhoooops,Fericfanatic, Justinvancouver, flabby, lasergun, mossy, the Count, xblmanimal, sindekat, agitprop, irsk, Playdoh, puppetbrain, Tommynathan, Toybox
Great sales to De Large, SAMBA, zombiemonkey, justsusy, uberboy, guinnessfan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 9:38 am 

I really like the color on this, but that is a loopy price tag.

My Display | My Twitter | My Website | My Sales Thread

Great B/S/T:

kingBOSTON, batelray, MrMongoose, dsristau (x2), Autodactyl, djmerge1, RichL, earthglass, contra808, DOOBS01s GF, The Octopus, Metatron1050, meanmistert, shesmarvel0us, G3NR8, sym408, yup, Gazpacho, Lil J NYC, saiko, money1645, hashishan, idlechimp, dunquixote, eckotyper, motorbot (x2), dunnydave, jmf337, PJPVIV, gallery101, tyleR, BHKidRobotNYC, Moloko Plus, quentdiggy, aruss, Rmanintheny, midnight26man, Dan-knee rock, NYC.Parce, GenuineArtikle

Post subject: Re: Selfridges
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:06 am 

tedmcintyre wrote:
Congrats on winning one of these guys Jackuzzy!!!!! I missed out on the contest entirely. Oh well, i know Kom did too, so I don't feel so bad. We'll just have to wait for our lucky subber boxes!!!!!
T

Thanks mate! So glad I won that contest and not one for some crappy keychains!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:59 am 

I decided to sell the Selfridges Labbit that I won. Below retail. Check the for sale forum.

Positive Transactions w/: raajr187 x2, Enderz, whyhoo, kidrobotNY, iliksprite x2, iamthewinter, tedmcintyre x2, MisKat, bk_bk, aka-man x2, NewAddictions, nikemsi, N_roboy12, ferevern2days, kidstartexas, creaturion, ratmloud, consumption, dunnydave, marshhouse, Soja Rinn, Crushgroove, bo0sterxme, kbk, kom22, CrazySid, curegurl23, wizeguy, Quiz, originalkaws, scmsix, bubblegumking, crucial, wraith1701, KFin67, gray, 666ways2love, E27

Awesome Customs By: Drilone, BlooEmpire, coolvader, Dead Presidents

MAD 13
COLLECT AND DESTROY!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:52 am 

I would LOVE a Selfridges Labbit for my best friend for his birthday/christmas, so I'm hoping they go on sale at some point.

Hope you Londoners are on the look out for the rest of us. Hopefully I can find a mule.

Good dealings with akn220, turdhole, rjl, PET1, Juliette, apeboy, deadlemming, ratmloud, wastemoremoney, DOLLFACE, phienomenal, oggyboy, achmad, Lil J NYC, reganomics813, Arcady, giantdwarf, Manga_Spawn, and raajr187.

Tweet Me | Friend Me | Follow Me

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:02 pm 

trustinSTARS wrote:
I would LOVE a Selfridges Labbit for my best friend for his birthday/christmas, so I'm hoping they go on sale at some point.

Hope you Londoners are on the look out for the rest of us. Hopefully I can find a mule.

When i go to Selfridges, The "wonder room"(where the toys are) does'nt get visited by me, as it's a blatant rip-off. Just like the Yellow Labbit, funnily enough.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:29 am 

vinylhammer wrote:
trustinSTARS wrote:

When i go to Selfridges, The "wonder room"(where the toys are) does'nt get visited by me, as it's a blatant rip-off. Just like the Yellow Labbit, funnily enough.

Well, if you could... I'd really like to get one of these, but only if they go on sale. I don't normally spend more than $60 on a gift... so for some reason I doubt I'm going to get one. But I'd make it worth you while if you were able to grab me one when/if they ever do go on sale for a decent price.

Good dealings with akn220, turdhole, rjl, PET1, Juliette, apeboy, deadlemming, ratmloud, wastemoremoney, DOLLFACE, phienomenal, oggyboy, achmad, Lil J NYC, reganomics813, Arcady, giantdwarf, Manga_Spawn, and raajr187.

Tweet Me | Friend Me | Follow Me

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next