Hello Hello,"Its KaMo with a brand new toy, I need Ya H

A forum to talk about toy customization, ask for tips, and learn about techniques.
KaMo

Hello Hello,"Its KaMo with a brand new toy, I need Ya H

Post by KaMo » Sat Mar 08, 2008 3:56 pm

I always get hung up on weather or not I should put faces on my customs or leave them abstract looking.Deep down I believe that people need more to identify with and abstraction is too obscure for the average. What do you think?
ImageImage

[ Added: Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:55 pm ]
Come on community have I lost your interest? You mean to tell me that knowone has an opinion about my new creation? Have I been reduced to commenting on my own work and stroaking my enormous ficticious ego. I have no problem with it except its not very entertaining for everyone else.
I know I come off as an egomaniac to some but I'm really just trying to expose my talent and hopefully make something out of myself so I can make my family proud just like everyone else, I think.-KaMo (Stay Tuned)
Last edited by KaMo on Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

plasidboyy

Post by plasidboyy » Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:37 pm

Try sticking it on the right board. Maybe the "Custom" board?
Wants: Sugs: red, grey, yellow. Kaws Dissected any, Bigfoot brown, UHF Groob, Bird is the Word, Lionheart red or black, Boris brown or original, Heven Boy, dumb luck black, kawsxpushead silver, black, or brown, brothersjoker bowl, mist malus kaki or sand, bonass flesh,

GFD18

Post by GFD18 » Sun Mar 16, 2008 4:33 pm

I vote no Face

Faces would be good if they were integrated and part of the design from the get-go. A face would look too "alien" on this custom IMO

Its abstract. The paint blots/shapes/textures in the areas where the face features belong, already exist. I think the custom is fine as is. I think its one of your better custom jobs.
Refs:htlkid25, Bo0oYaH, busizem718, jun2, DreVanFuzen, Bluefin, Parotkilah, EASheartsVinyl, PJay, jmf337, bboyilluminati6, toddivision, D-LuX, scarwars, FuzzFace, Tizight, unmundane, Peter_Awesome, Graf-Toyz, Naturaljoe, tattooedjester, harm

psyco penguin

Post by psyco penguin » Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:21 pm

+1 to no face. but i think the thing looks great! love the color scheme.

KaMo

Its finished! K1M2 has eyes of 8 to see ya wit.

Post by KaMo » Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:48 pm

ImageImage
Even though I didn't get but one comment(tks ninwest) about K1M2 I was still thinking of an audience so I decided to make it with eight eyes so nomatter how you look at it, K1M2 can stare you down from almost any angle. And If you don't like it then maybe you should have helped me when you had a chance.-KaMo
p.s. K1M2 will be on display in APW gallery's show next month.

em_eye_kay_ee

Post by em_eye_kay_ee » Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:14 am

those eyes look scary. the abstract reminds me of the new bape be@rbricks.

cool colour pallete :)

I bought a Qee today, got in a bad mood so decided to soothe the soul with a bit of painting. Can't wait now
WTB List:
99% is crap - Mark James.

------------------

www.mikeherrick.com