Best for Sketch Artists

A forum to talk about toy customization, ask for tips, and learn about techniques.
Yin

Best for Sketch Artists

Post by Yin » Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:58 pm

Hey I just got my Munny yesterday I have been eyeing them for a while, I bought a few Dunnys before I convinced myself I could design a Munny.

I was wondering though, I am more of a sketche artist, it seems like alot of the peopler that do custom work, work with paints and such.

Now I would use a paint for a base, but I feel most comfortable with a pen in my hand, besides sharpies are there any, like good Paint pens...which would you guys suggest.

~Yin

voidx

Post by voidx » Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:38 pm

I am absolutely in love with Pigma Brush markers. I highly recommend them.

http://www.gellyroll.com/products/pens/ ... brush.html

blu

Post by blu » Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:47 am

qwertyuiop

Post by qwertyuiop » Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:52 am

i can vouch for the pigma's!

great pens.

lookin forward to tryin the sharpie's aswell ,
seeings everyone swears by 'em now :)

warriorbabe

Pigma paint markers

Post by warriorbabe » Thu Feb 15, 2007 4:54 pm

Hi,

Are the Pigma paint markers permanent, like Sharpies?
Also, do they feather under glossy clear coat?

Thanks,
Natasha

snoe robot

Post by snoe robot » Sat Feb 17, 2007 4:14 pm

those pigmas look sick .. the tips remind me of faber-castell "PITT" s that i use in my blackbook... this thread is good i hope people keep posting here cause im having a big problem going from 30mm tip markers n cans of rusto to brushes.
[iTs] . [2o1] .rackin.crayons.

iliketoplay

Post by iliketoplay » Sun Feb 18, 2007 4:05 pm

Look for the "Save Huck" munny by Honk. It is one of the best customs I had ever seen. My friend bought this custom and I have seen it in person. The whole figure looks sketched, as if done with graphite. I almost think that is how it was made, and then a protective clearcoat was applied to it.

It inspired me enough to where I would love to take a stab at it for my passion of pencil sketch style.
cheers,
Coldiron (Cold - Iron)
Nori Toy | Face Book | Deviant Art | Twitter

Eeyore

Post by Eeyore » Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:00 pm

When you use the pigma's do u have to do a first coat of paint to use them or can u go right ahead and start drawing on the munny without anything on the vynil yet.

MANIMAL

Post by MANIMAL » Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:06 pm

Eeyore - i know you are new and all - but go back to the thread you created and spend the next 3 hours READING instead of posting - all your questions are already answered by many talented people on here
I mean, I guess i could come to your house, blow you, and then cut the lawn. Would that make me 'cool'? - F.KOZIK

Eeyore

Post by Eeyore » Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:10 pm

ok thankk u

Pizzy

Post by Pizzy » Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:18 am

I just bought some of those sharpie poster markers and they are seriously awesome!! I am yet to try out the pigmas though, I will post pics of my munny mobile once I am finished! I definitely screwed my 4" munny up, but now that kidrobot finally sells them without the munny mobile, I'll be fine!! The Mobile itself looks amazing.

At first I was using masking tape and acrylic paint for straight lines, but every time I would put the tape over a line I already painted on, it would strip the paint right now.

Those sharpies definitely saved my munny mobile! :prayer:

8jledfan9

Post by 8jledfan9 » Tue May 06, 2008 11:35 am

Hi , I'm new and I just made my first mini munny using regular sharpies. I was wondering if there was anything that can be used to seal it so that it doesn't rub off. I know hairspray is used for some art mediums, but I don't know what it will do to sharpie.
Any suggestions?

P.S. I will post pics of my munny from my online photo album after the 1 week rule is up
My cool things: Blue Sluggonadon, Tiger Dunny, Pirate Teeter, White Huck Gee Kid Robot 14, Pirate Mickey VCD, TokiDoki Dunny, Unicornasaurus, Some mighty muggs, foreign Godzilla Vinyls

supacat

Post by supacat » Wed May 14, 2008 4:40 pm

yeh

nan0

Post by nan0 » Sun May 25, 2008 12:35 am

i use sharpie poster paint markers not to be confused with regular poster sharpie markers , this things work beautiful

loveasaurusrex

Post by loveasaurusrex » Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:14 am

Those Pigmas look great. I have really been wanting to get my hands on some markers, but haven't had the cash recently. Definitely going to be looking for these next time I step into Pygmalion's. I just finished my first Munny custom, dyed red and spray-painted some gold blasts across his hands and head. Not the cleanest, but I also really loved the experience. So, maybe Pigma pens will help with some of the cleanliness.

gordo411

Post by gordo411 » Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:54 am

Posca markers seem to be pretty sick as well, haven't used them yet but I'm debating trying to track a set down

MunnyManiac

Post by MunnyManiac » Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:36 am

Are the Tombow markers ok?
WE WILL ROCK YOU!!!!!!