forum home kr home

Kidrobot Discussion Boards

Welcome to the best place on the web to talk about urban vinyl toys, plush, mini-figures, toy-art, toy artists, collecting, customs, & more!

It is currently Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Any tips?
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:46 pm 

Well all i really wanted to know if painting tape and spray paint work well on a munny?

also what kind of clay i would need? i have no clue what kind of clay to use since i have never used clay, maybe playdough but that's about it =P i have great ideas on making a couple of my on munnys but i cant think of what i need to start them off.
at first i thought about using sharpeys since i use them all the time for graffiti and drawings but since I've been reading around couple of posts it seems that going the marker route may be a bit tacky and "taking the easy way out" i would really like more input on what you guys think. have a good one and looking forward to new stuff from all of you especially grimsheep!!!

Post subject: Super Sculpey
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:16 pm 

if your adding on they say to use SUPER Sculpey Not just the regular and ive been told if i you use markers get the sharpie poster markers or crayola poster markers but i think i kind of want to use the paint so it looks better someone who customizes says to use Delta Ceramcoat, or Red Apple Acrylics

Post subject: Re: Super Sculpey
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:34 am 

KidRobot_Corral wrote:
if your adding on they say to use SUPER Sculpey Not just the regular and ive been told if i you use markers get the sharpie poster markers or crayola poster markers but i think i kind of want to use the paint so it looks better someone who customizes says to use Delta Ceramcoat, or Red Apple Acrylics

well that helped a lil thanks =] will look around for super sculpey and i have some sharpie poster markers. YES! \:D/

i really want to use spray paint i have a feeling it will go on clean like no lines and stuff especially cause i have had experience with a can so i could make it "not drip"

Post subject: Re: Super Sculpey
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:22 am 

bo0sterxme wrote:
KidRobot_Corral wrote:

well that helped a lil thanks =] will look around for super sculpey and i have some sharpie poster markers. YES! \:D/

i really want to use spray paint i have a feeling it will go on clean like no lines and stuff especially cause i have had experience with a can so i could make it "not drip"

How's it goin', bo0sterxme?....

Anyway... a lot of the answers are going to be in this thread: ยค FAQ NEW TO Customizing *PLEASE READ*

The reason I'm not linking to it is so that you can see, for yourself, where the link is and so that you can find it anytime you need to find the answers it (or the links within) provide... The thread can be found at the top (2nd of 3 threads) at the top of the Customizing Help board under "Important topics"...

I understand that it's much simpler, for you, to come and ask for answers to only the questions you need answers for. However, it is actually much simpler, in the long run, to provide the answers for yourself when they have already been made available (to everyone, including myself - trust me, I've been where you are now). Good luck and when you have more questions (or even after viewing the FAQ thread have the same questions) feel free to ask anything ya need.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]