Glass Dunnys

A forum to talk about toy customization, ask for tips, and learn about techniques.
glass-eyed

Glass Dunnys

Post by glass-eyed » Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:11 am

I'm a glass artist and have recently gotten into Dunnys so I would like to try making a glass one, does Kidrobot make a plain 3" Dunny to customize, or in this case cover in wax! Mwa ha ha...

Great Sellers - raajr187, aka-man (A+)
Great Buyers - stereopanda (x2)
~
Please see my glass art website for more sculpture & jewellery.
~
I will be selling my glasswork, including new Cake Buddies at the West End Fair, Edinburgh, Scotland from 2nd - 17th August!

Just-Dan

Post by Just-Dan » Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:25 am

No blank Dunny's don't exist.

What about a glass Munny?
Good Sellers - Alien445226 (x 2) Stereopanda (x 1) Rejectx (x2) j3tang (x1) flabby (x1) Nadir (x1) jmf337 (x1) HBCoffin (x1)

Good Trades - Stereopanda

Awesome Boardies - Yardarm51

glass-eyed

Post by glass-eyed » Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:41 am

I prefer the Dunny shape, might just have to pick up one to butcher... Although actually I just take a cast from it, so he won't get hurt at all!

That's the beauty of glass you can make anything you want from it, I'm making cupcakes at the moment and made a sugar flower mold from cake decorations!

I'm thinking about doing 2 halves too and doing a Dunny through the looking glass piece...hmm...
~
~
I will be selling my glasswork, including new Cake Buddies at the West End Fair, Edinburgh, Scotland from 2nd - 17th August!

dodgrr

Post by dodgrr » Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:16 am

Just-Dan

Post by Just-Dan » Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:21 am

glass-eyed wrote:I prefer the Dunny shape, might just have to pick up one to butcher... Although actually I just take a cast from it, so he won't get hurt at all!

That's the beauty of glass you can make anything you want from it, I'm making cupcakes at the moment and made a sugar flower mold from cake decorations!

I'm thinking about doing 2 halves too and doing a Dunny through the looking glass piece...hmm...

Look's like you'll be butchering one then :evil: :badgrin: :lol:

Slightly off topic but can you make glass body jewellery? Like flesh tunnels / plug's / inserts?
Good Sellers - Alien445226 (x 2) Stereopanda (x 1) Rejectx (x2) j3tang (x1) flabby (x1) Nadir (x1) jmf337 (x1) HBCoffin (x1)

Good Trades - Stereopanda

Awesome Boardies - Yardarm51

glass-eyed

Post by glass-eyed » Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:05 pm

Cool, nice pieces, I'm going to be kiln-forming my ones so they won't be transparent, like those, but if the first ones work I'll be able to add details in the glass with different colours and metals.

In answer to Dan's question about body jewellery, you can get glass ones, I don't make them because you would want to ensure it was made from pyrex glass as this is very strong and safe against temperature changes. The best places to look in the UK is WildCat and they have an online store which is very reasonable.
~
~

jcrazy

Post by jcrazy » Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:28 pm

dodgrr wrote:Image

that 2nd pic is off the chain! where'd u get that from

earthglass

Post by earthglass » Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:35 pm

I'm a glassblower from pa i have made several glass dunny's they just get better every time free hand without a mold this is a pick of the first one i ever made a little off but you can get the concept i sold all the other ones i have made so far i will post the next one i make so you can see the progression they are lamp worked

great transactions with/zepherx3/peterc/assburritox2/tofu/
spankystokes/mzkaydi/sisaf1 x2
/kidrobotny x4
/cprobot /tacune /jmf337
ninjaskils / shauni55/bk bkx2/Chirs Arex2/cmoney/true one/just1nj/ mfmunnyx3/ busizem718/aw177/schunaru/biffpow/hanymade/ninjaskills/ratmloud/GetterRobo
Orlowone/dunquixote/kidrobot15/harvey manbird/Luuser111/FericFanatic
/mzkayDi/ SQUEE/ xashesx/SM DOOM/CurseTheSeen/Buellster
dsristau/PEA_KNUCK/dub599/
p1985/Gazpacho/bb4life*911/ djkrush/rizadette/dingobean/
vinyljustice/ djfohm/kidrobber/
lifeSIZEuglyDOL/
aruss/coffeekid/wsg313/
Buellster/ monkeyinjacket
stupid-idiot/creaturion/ corsair/VinylMessiah
Nicocato/KOL

[Resist all the urges that make you want to go out and kill!]

smorkin_love

Post by smorkin_love » Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:01 am

wow... the fish tank dunny is just sick...
Want List:
Click
---> here <--- for my WTB list.

Great Transaction(s):
| SnorseWhisperer | Bo0oYaH | kom22 | ChefJt | Natural Light | Misterine | jonvespa | raajr187 | WandererLA | kngwiz | johnnymu | magic_wanna |

| flyinglobster - www.cardboardspaceship.net |

Not so Great Transaction(s):
| selekta_nips |