Complete Start-Over...

A forum to talk about toy customization, ask for tips, and learn about techniques.
bballuvrq

Complete Start-Over...

Post by bballuvrq » Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:55 pm

Well, I don't really like the way that my Munny came out and I want to start over on it.

I only used:

Spraypaint
Sharpie Magnum
(Inky) Pen
Acrylic Paint

Is there any way I can get rid of all of this?

Can I dip it in acetone or something?

daaznnikeboi3

Post by daaznnikeboi3 » Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:53 am

Yeah just wipe it after dipping in acetone and scrup at it. It should get rid of mostly everything, unless your paint layers were really thick.

Other wise, try Goof-Off. Check the link in the FAQ.
Good sellers: mrmonkey, shimotakimas, chelseacandy, creaturion, FericFanatic, busizem718, Rsinart, contra808, bk_bk, Crushgroove, starkravinmad

Good buyers: kapjock, steve809, dunz0, xthundaz, Dunny27, stonecutterjeff, Badstainless, tvdang, StamNYC, BustinJustin, chenreaction, lumbo007, Freakinkram88, yanksb11, onlYwaY, applesgomeow, gwailo, restaurador

Good traders: bk_bk (x3)

Buy! Endangered, 2010 Golden Apples, etc
viewtopic.php?f=43&t=154905

MrSniffles

Post by MrSniffles » Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:36 am

Go to Lowe's, Home Depot, or Wal-Mart, in the paint section of the store is a can of paint remover called Goof-Off. (costs around $5). Go outside, and spray your munny/dunny with the chemical and use an old tshirt/rag/paper towel to wipe off the paint. Let it sit in the Goof-Off for at least 5 minutes. This gives it time to work. Then start rubbing it, and it may take some strength to get it all off, don't just expect for it to magically disappear.

For the safest/best results, be well ventilated, wear rubber gloves (NOT latex, you can pick them up in the paint section of the store too for $3) and make sure you don't spray it the dunny/munny where it will harm the sidewalk, driveway or the lawn. (paint comes off the dunny and has to go somewhere).

Goof-Off is pretty strong stuff. I put my dunny in a plastic bowl and covered it with Goof-Off, it took the paint off, AND melted a hole in the plastic bowl. (it was thin plastic)