forum home kr home

Kidrobot Discussion Boards

Welcome to the best place on the web to talk about urban vinyl toys, plush, mini-figures, toy-art, toy artists, collecting, customs, & more!

It is currently Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:24 am 

Couldn't find a post for this -> 20" lamp is back on sale. Just ordered mine

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:11 pm 

Read a review somewhere saying that not all the colors appear as vibrant as the photos. Post up when you get it!

TRAMPT
http://trampt.com/w/darika09

GREAT FRIENDS/TRADERS/SELLERS: TIMMY2000, KIDGLASGOW, DRUMMERBOY2, OICYU8CHU, MUSICMAN02, CB075, KITMAN34, HOMERJ/HOMERJREDUX, NISARES, NOTHING371, 1957VWBEETLE, VINYLSEEKER, ALBERTONE, TEN21, EVIL0NE, GLOCK325, ZAPPA103, HELLSCRAPE

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:30 pm 

Any difference between these and the "limited edition" first batch?

http://dunnydex.com
http://madebyforbes.com
https://www.instagram.com/the_jfo/

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:44 pm 

OK,
First off, they are 18" high, the box they come in even says so & they measure up exactly.
Also, I got one of the first 50, and a month or so later got an email saying the built-in rechargeable batteries were defective and that I should unplug it & stop using it & they would send a new one & I should send back the old one after I got the old one. This is before they re-appeared on KRdotcom.

I want to take a sec to say that Amy, Customer Service was helpful and cool throughout - Thanks Amy!

I got the new one, could not resist a few pics before sending the first one back

http://forums.kidrobot.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=51863&p=2890860#p2890860

The outer box of the new one says #171/301
So much for limited edition of 50, but no biggie.

OK, the colors. If you just use the button on the bottom of the foot, you just get Red, Blue, Green, White;
but if you use the remote, you pretty much get the 16 colors shown on the web. {& it glows a very dim red while charging}. The bold colors stand out in any light, but as you would expect, the yellow & orange and light green & light blue are not that stunning in broad daylight, but in a dimly lit or dark room, it is very cool. The remote I got does not look exactly like the one on the web, but it has the same buttons.
The Flash, Strobe, Fade & Smooth modes cycle thru a set of pre-set (non-programmable - shucks) colors. It comes with a large drawstring bag, for storage or transport, I guess.
I am pleased with it, but it is up to each individual to determine if it is worth the 3 Benjamins. (do people still say that?)

30 second clip of Flash Mode
http://vid61.photobucket.com/albums/h58/unclemicro/DUNNYLAMP04_zps5glqs0cf.mp4

End of ramble...

Good Transactions: MellowB , realtyguy808 , delicious62, slobot , joshmayhem

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:46 am 

Added Pictures & a video above.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:13 am 

unclemicro wrote:
Added Pictures & a video above.

Much appreciate the details!

TRAMPT
http://trampt.com/w/darika09

GREAT FRIENDS/TRADERS/SELLERS: TIMMY2000, KIDGLASGOW, DRUMMERBOY2, OICYU8CHU, MUSICMAN02, CB075, KITMAN34, HOMERJ/HOMERJREDUX, NISARES, NOTHING371, 1957VWBEETLE, VINYLSEEKER, ALBERTONE, TEN21, EVIL0NE, GLOCK325, ZAPPA103, HELLSCRAPE

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:08 pm 

unclemicro wrote:
OK,
First off, they are 18" high, the box they come in even says so & they measure up exactly.
Also, I got one of the first 50, and a month or so later got an email saying the built-in rechargeable batteries were defective and that I should unplug it & stop using it & they would send a new one & I should send back the old one after I got the old one. This is before they re-appeared on KRdotcom.

I want to take a sec to say that Amy, Customer Service was helpful and cool throughout - Thanks Amy!

I got the new one, could not resist a few pics before sending the first one back

http://forums.kidrobot.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=51863&p=2890860#p2890860

The outer box of the new one says #171/301
So much for limited edition of 50, but no biggie.

OK, the colors. If you just use the button on the bottom of the foot, you just get Red, Blue, Green, White;
but if you use the remote, you pretty much get the 16 colors shown on the web. {& it glows a very dim red while charging}. The bold colors stand out in any light, but as you would expect, the yellow & orange and light green & light blue are not that stunning in broad daylight, but in a dimly lit or dark room, it is very cool. The remote I got does not look exactly like the one on the web, but it has the same buttons.
The Flash, Strobe, Fade & Smooth modes cycle thru a set of pre-set (non-programmable - shucks) colors. It comes with a large drawstring bag, for storage or transport, I guess.
I am pleased with it, but it is up to each individual to determine if it is worth the 3 Benjamins. (do people still say that?)

30 second clip of Flash Mode
http://vid61.photobucket.com/albums/h58/unclemicro/DUNNYLAMP04_zps5glqs0cf.mp4

End of ramble...

Thanks for the review!!

Would any of you like to see smaller versions of the Dunny lamp?

Personally, I'd love to see a string of Dunny xmas lights!! 8)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:48 pm 

Kidrobot Guru wrote:

Would any of you like to see smaller versions of the Dunny lamp?

YES! An 8" version would be perfect!

redmutuca.com

huck gee wrote:
Great stuff!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:04 pm 

Smaller Dunny lamps? That sounds like a great idea! :D

Not sure if they did anything special with the color/thickness of the vinyl on the 20" lamp to make it glow better, but If anybody has an Eggy or other white 8" they want to sacrifice into a similar lamp, I'd be happy to give it a shot for ya!

http://dunnydex.com
http://madebyforbes.com
https://www.instagram.com/the_jfo/

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:35 pm 

Dunny christmas lights would be incredible.

Please make it happen!

Great Sellers: halfapparition, noeleaser, belfinatorzz111, (nice dream), paulzdeep, 666ways2love, rjxdang, w33zy16, cmk802, QUASIMO, Ath, fast1590, kgyure, mavxb3, DexDexign, MattPower, delicious62
Great Buyers: Counterbalance
Great Trades: DManTX, MattPower
Muled for: patrick40, ShizRobot, kgyure

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:05 pm 

Dunny xmas lights would be amazing..

My Dunny lamp is on the waaaaaaay!!

8)

For Trade
For Sale

"Every man has inside himself a parasitic being who is acting not at all to his advantage..."
- William S. Burroughs

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:27 pm 

I just got my Dunny lamp last night and plugged it in immediately to charge it. It's been glowing red since 9pm last night. 13.5 hours at this point and still hasn't turned green.

Unclemicro, did yours turn green eventually?

For Trade
For Sale

"Every man has inside himself a parasitic being who is acting not at all to his advantage..."
- William S. Burroughs

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:38 pm 

noeleaser,
No, mine did not turn green either.

Has anyone's turned green when fully charged?

The instructions with the first 'defective' lamp did not have this/that sentence.
"When plugged, the inside light indicator is RED and turns GREEN when fully charged"

I just now read the new instructions (the ones that came with the new replacement lamp).
I do not think the old original instructions (I sent them back, d'oh) said anything about indicating the charge level.

It seems to operate for several hours on a charge, but I have not run it all the way down yet.
It does not seem to hold the charge for more than a few days; in other words, if you charge it & leave it stored for several days, it either needs to be operated 'plugged in' or recharged.

Now this new one also seems to imply that it should be off while charging. But it just says turn it off before plugging in the charger; it does not say 'never operate while charging' - and it seems to work OK if you turn it on while charging. The instructions do say it cuts off the charge when fully charged.

I'll take more accurate data on how long it operates on a 'charge' (yet to be defined)
and how long it holds a charge when not in use & report back.
Also, curious, does your remote look like 'mine' (more black and oval,above) (also pictured in my instruction booklet) or like the one on the KR site (white & rectangular)?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:20 pm 

Mine has not turned green, and I have left it charging for 12 hours straight at one point.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:03 pm 

unclemicro wrote:
noeleaser,
No, mine did not turn green either.

Has anyone's turned green when fully charged?

The instructions with the first 'defective' lamp did not have this/that sentence.
"When plugged, the inside light indicator is RED and turns GREEN when fully charged"

I just now read the new instructions (the ones that came with the new replacement lamp).
I do not think the old original instructions (I sent them back, d'oh) said anything about indicating the charge level.

It seems to operate for several hours on a charge, but I have not run it all the way down yet.
It does not seem to hold the charge for more than a few days; in other words, if you charge it & leave it stored for several days, it either needs to be operated 'plugged in' or recharged.

Now this new one also seems to imply that it should be off while charging. But it just says turn it off before plugging in the charger; it does not say 'never operate while charging' - and it seems to work OK if you turn it on while charging. The instructions do say it cuts off the charge when fully charged.

I'll take more accurate data on how long it operates on a 'charge' (yet to be defined)
and how long it holds a charge when not in use & report back.
Also, curious, does your remote look like 'mine' (more black and oval,above) (also pictured in my instruction booklet) or like the one on the KR site (white & rectangular)?

Thanks for the info..

My remote is the same as yours.

The lamp seems to work fine except for the turning green when fully charged.

Also one thing I've noticed is that when using the smooth or fade option, the red color gets very little time. The Dunny glows for a much longer period of time when it's on the blues and greens, but when it comes to red, it just cycles right through it very quickly.. Try it and see. I'm curious if anyone else's does the same thing..

For Trade
For Sale

- William S. Burroughs

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:35 pm 

I'm glad I risked my life and bought a Dunny lamp! My Fiancé just doesn't get the vinyl Collectible culture and spending $300 on a 20" Dunny Lamp is akin to just throwing money away no matter how often I explain that these are not Toys but works of art. I didn't even know these released on Black Friday but when I saw it up on KR.com it was a no brainer I was going to buy it. Now I see they are out of stock and I'm just glad I got one before they were gone. I enjoy it a lot and will be a permanent part of my collection along wit my Madvillain, GID Dairobo-Z, And other vinyl figures. I've been a Kid Robot fan for years since I used to visit the Shop on Melrose in Los Angeles. I live in the ATL now and I mis my weekly excursions to the store. I even still have my Zip up hoods and recently purchased a Burton x Kid Robot Jacket(Purple) on EBay recently. I always kicked myself for not buying one before but L.A. Was too hot to justify the purchase.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:52 pm 

noeleaser wrote:

Thanks for the info..

My remote is the same as yours.

The lamp seems to work fine except for the turning green when fully charged.

Also one thing I've noticed is that when using the smooth or fade option, the red color gets very little time. The Dunny glows for a much longer period of time when it's on the blues and greens, but when it comes to red, it just cycles right through it very quickly.. Try it and see. I'm curious if anyone else's does the same thing..

I concur; It seems to give equal time to all 16 colors in Flash & Strobe modes, but does a 'touch & go' on the red/orange/yellow end in Smooth & Fade modes.
I had hoped there would be a programmable-mode. :idea:
I can only imagine what one of these could do if delicious62 got his hands on one. 8)

Also it holds the charge for several days, better than I had indicated above.
And the instructions say it is made of Polyethylene (PE), probably HDPE (High Density PE).

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:49 pm 

I've love an 8" Dunny lamp. Instant buy.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:08 am 

Looks like there are a bunch more lamps up on KRdotcom
This time there is a note (as several have noticed in practice) :
NOTE: Despite the instructions the lamp does not turn green when fully charged. However, after a 5 hour charging period, the lamp should be fully charged.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:53 am 

Can anybody check if this lamp would also work with 220v for Europe. Really keen to get one but I live in Germany.

My sales thread: http://forums.kidrobot.com/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=208046

Dunny's I am missing
Dunny's I have