Kidrobot Discussion Boards
http://forums.kidrobot.com/

NaNANANANANA BATMAN Dunny
http://forums.kidrobot.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=256022
Page 3 of 4

Author:  paul [ Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:27 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: NaNANANANANA BATMAN Dunny

wastemoremoney wrote:
paul wrote:
3) Gal Gadot not knocking on my door to offer sexual favors in exchange for a viewing of my Neth Creatures collection (it's a really solid collection. Not sure what her problem is).

I'm not Gal Gadot but I'd like to take you up on that offer.


Image

Author:  wastemoremoney [ Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:37 am ]
Post subject:  Re: NaNANANANANA BATMAN Dunny

paul wrote:
Image



Haha, I kid I kid. Just very jealous that you have any at all as I got into this scene when I was in high school so didn't have the funds to buy Neth Creatures back then unfortunately.

Author:  drilone [ Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:09 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: NaNANANANANA BATMAN Dunny

MattPower wrote:
PLEASE CANCEL THIS SERIES!
This feels like we are watching a good friend about to drive drunk!
SOMEONE TAKE THE KEYS!!
STOP AND THINK KR!
This series weakens all the other Dunnys!

I buy a case of Dunny every series, but I will be passing on buying cases this year due to this travesty.
I fear Dunny is about to become as pointless as Funko Pop!
What a gross sad day

Also:
Marvel Labbits were a total FAIL
They couldn't give those series away!
Why put Dunny through this kind of humiliation?
What a gross sad day


To me this is Funko...

I wish the dunny wasent licensed

Author:  hitechkoolaid [ Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:40 am ]
Post subject:  Re: NaNANANANANA BATMAN Dunny

MattPower wrote:

Also:
Marvel Labbits were a total FAIL
They couldn't give those series away!
Why put Dunny through this kind of humiliation?
What a gross sad day


So was the Art of War series. That ended up being a complete flop, even though some of the pieces were amazing, KR pretty much dumped off sealed cases for less than the marvel labbits and a lot of those dump offs included the Case Exclusive.

Author:  ricksans [ Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:57 am ]
Post subject:  Re: NaNANANANANA BATMAN Dunny

that series and apocalypse had some of my fav dunny designs. I think the turn off for people w art of war was they had too many of the same figure in a series. If you weren't feeling the drone or the knight figs, seeing that many of the same figs were the same thing made folks think twice. That's how I felt with the simpsons series with all the duff beer guys.

Author:  slapshot13j [ Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:20 am ]
Post subject:  Re: NaNANANANANA BATMAN Dunny

ricksans wrote:
that series and apocalypse had some of my fav dunny designs. I think the turn off for people w art of war was they had too many of the same figure in a series. If you weren't feeling the drone or the knight figs, seeing that many of the same figs were the same thing made folks think twice. That's how I felt with the simpsons series with all the duff beer guys.


I think it was that they made way too many of them. When the series were limited, and there really were only 200 or so super-chases, everyone would try to get their hands on them. I don't know how many art of war cases they ended up having overall, but I do remember them being dumped on Black Friday for pennies.

Author:  Thatsmrlazy [ Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:37 am ]
Post subject:  Re: NaNANANANANA BATMAN Dunny

slapshot13j wrote:
ricksans wrote:
that series and apocalypse had some of my fav dunny designs. I think the turn off for people w art of war was they had too many of the same figure in a series. If you weren't feeling the drone or the knight figs, seeing that many of the same figs were the same thing made folks think twice. That's how I felt with the simpsons series with all the duff beer guys.


I think it was that they made way too many of them. When the series were limited, and there really were only 200 or so super-chases, everyone would try to get their hands on them. I don't know how many art of war cases they ended up having overall, but I do remember them being dumped on Black Friday for pennies.


For me the art of war Dunny's were too much war and not enough art. It was the final nail in the coffin for me buying a couple of cases a series. However the Dunny show had me deciding to return to buying a case only to see the Batman Dunnys and start to reconsider.

All in all if I were to say two thing's to Kidrobot right now it would be "Don't theme Dunny's and work to get as many big
and upcoming artists as possible."

Its why everyone I know collects. They seriously don't care about the artist as long as the design is good. I would take Hammo over Huck any day now that I have a few Huck designs already on display. You get people buying Dunny's by having them buy the Dunny of an artist they like and they discover other good artists in the process and get hooked the way I did.

Author:  ricksans [ Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:55 am ]
Post subject:  Re: NaNANANANANA BATMAN Dunny

Thatsmrlazy wrote:
slapshot13j wrote:
ricksans wrote:
that series and apocalypse had some of my fav dunny designs. I think the turn off for people w art of war was they had too many of the same figure in a series. If you weren't feeling the drone or the knight figs, seeing that many of the same figs were the same thing made folks think twice. That's how I felt with the simpsons series with all the duff beer guys.


I think it was that they made way too many of them. When the series were limited, and there really were only 200 or so super-chases, everyone would try to get their hands on them. I don't know how many art of war cases they ended up having overall, but I do remember them being dumped on Black Friday for pennies.


For me the art of war Dunny's were too much war and not enough art. It was the final nail in the coffin for me buying a couple of cases a series. However the Dunny show had me deciding to return to buying a case only to see the Batman Dunnys and start to reconsider.

All in all if I were to say two thing's to Kidrobot right now it would be "Don't theme Dunny's and work to get as many big
and upcoming artists as possible."

Its why everyone I know collects. They seriously don't care about the artist as long as the design is good. I would take Hammo over Huck any day now that I have a few Huck designs already on display. You get people buying Dunny's by having them buy the Dunny of an artist they like and they discover other good artists in the process and get hooked the way I did.


I agree with all that. Never heard of Hammo before, just looked him up, damn that dudes art is awesome.

Author:  Jmerril [ Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:44 am ]
Post subject:  Re: NaNANANANANA BATMAN Dunny

I'm pretty excited for this since I love Batman, but yeah I would preferred it to be a mini fig series instead. The designs are not that bad tho.

Author:  EliottV [ Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:42 am ]
Post subject:  Re: NaNANANANANA BATMAN Dunny

I'm on the boards almost everyday and I rarely post but I feel like this is too important not to speak up about.

I completely agree with everyone, this is a travesty. Dunny is what got me into collecting 10 years ago and I'm proud to display everything I have because of how jaw-dropping the art was and being exposed to new amazing artists coming up in the scene. But I would be so embarrassed bringing anyone into my "toy room" having this on display. I mean the whole reason I even collect these is because it's an original work of art and they don't look like cheap, massively produced toys. If I wanted something too look like it came from Toys R Us then I would buy from Toys R Us. I really thought the Dunny series were gonna be revitalized this year with dope limited artist pieces but this for sure is a depressing day for collectors who have loved what KR stood for for so long. I'm still hopeful things will get back on track and I'm really excited for the DTA and Arcane series, but come on KR I feel like it was just unnecessary to use the Dunny platform for this.

Author:  berf [ Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:32 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: NaNANANANANA BATMAN Dunny

drilone wrote:
MattPower wrote:
PLEASE CANCEL THIS SERIES!
This feels like we are watching a good friend about to drive drunk!
SOMEONE TAKE THE KEYS!!
STOP AND THINK KR!
This series weakens all the other Dunnys!

I buy a case of Dunny every series, but I will be passing on buying cases this year due to this travesty.
I fear Dunny is about to become as pointless as Funko Pop!
What a gross sad day

Also:
Marvel Labbits were a total FAIL
They couldn't give those series away!
Why put Dunny through this kind of humiliation?
What a gross sad day


To me this is Funko...

I wish the dunny wasent licensed


I feel like it must be an attempt to compete with Funko(who I loath). All I see in stores and comic shops is Duckling Funko crap. I went to 3 shops listed on Kidrobots site for Vegas to buy some Kidrobot stuff, they had nothing(and this was after the disappointment that the actual Kidrobot store in Vegas closed) All the shops had were walls and walls of Funko crap.

I won't be buying any of these Dunnys and I am very sad to see them. I like Batman, but as everyone has said, I buy Kidrobot toys for the art. Not the pop culture.

Author:  Kidrobot Guru [ Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:51 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: NaNANANANANA BATMAN Dunny

GET READY!!!

These are coming tomorrow!!!

:shock: :badgrin: :?

Author:  biscocrack420 [ Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:57 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: NaNANANANANA BATMAN Dunny

easy pass

Author:  lamuna [ Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:05 am ]
Post subject:  Re: NaNANANANANA BATMAN Dunny

I like this series personally. Kidrobot still produces artist series so why not also target more mass market? Like it!

Author:  badAnatomy [ Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:36 am ]
Post subject:  Re: NaNANANANANA BATMAN Dunny

No reason this had to be a dunny series, the market for licensed superhero collectible is oversatured enough, do we really need to throw dunnys into the mix? Also, who designed these? They just look so bland and terrible. :cry:

Author:  badAnatomy [ Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:03 am ]
Post subject:  Re: NaNANANANANA BATMAN Dunny

Jmerril wrote:
The designs are not that bad tho.
Hate this kind of response. Why is it that a product is allowed to be mediocre looking just as long as it has a popular ip haphazardly stamped on the front? This is why I dislike funko pops. I know people with dozens of pops, and when I asked the response is always "it's not THAT bad" or " they're OK, only $10". I just don't understand why anyone would buy figures that they don't even enjoy looking at.

Author:  noeleaser [ Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:25 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: NaNANANANANA BATMAN Dunny

Just so you all know, steps are being taken to prevent a series like this from happening again..

8)

Author:  Oisterboy [ Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:14 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: NaNANANANANA BATMAN Dunny

:lol:

I'll buy a case if they get dumped and liquidated for dirt cheap. I wouldn't mind one batman and the rest I can give as gifts to the younger kids in my family.

Author:  Thatsmrlazy [ Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:47 am ]
Post subject:  Re: NaNANANANANA BATMAN Dunny

Why this is not a multi artist series or at least a single artist with a certain style is beyond me... I can understand they are trying to get new people into collecting, but these would have sold so much better if artists like Ron English or even some of the new artists lurking here were involved.

Author:  Oisterboy [ Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:56 am ]
Post subject:  Re: NaNANANANANA BATMAN Dunny

The blowback at other places is pretty intense too. Seems like this was a big oversight by someone.

I honestly wanted to give it a chance. Human face dunny figures have never ever been something I liked, but damn these have weird angles and bad noses and ugh. :?

Edit: and for what it's worth, I have pops myself. I don't go crazy with them but I did like the Futurama lineup and I grab random ones here and there. They may have started out pretty bland and with poor qc but some of them have been pretty rad since then. See Benson from regular show. That was a cool pop. They did a good job with the bioshock big daddy too. I get it's bottom of the barrel stuff, but they do pop culture pretty well if that's what you're into. If they got a Nintendo license it'd be game over.

Author:  Nicknards [ Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:30 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: NaNANANANANA BATMAN Dunny

I'm not an avid Funko collector, but I can admit some pops can look really great. And they look even better when they bring merchandise into older franchises like Darkwing Duck or Ren and Stimpy. Everyone always fails to realize that even though funko seems like a soulless company trying to make a quick buck off the masses, Pops and their other series have ghost artists behind them just like Kidrobot's licensed work. I agree these Batman dunnys look terrible, they all have misshapen heads and some like Robin just look very wonky, but man I can only imagine what the artist feels like after seeing all the backlash from their work.

Author:  badAnatomy [ Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:40 am ]
Post subject:  Re: NaNANANANANA BATMAN Dunny

Nicknards wrote:
I'm not an avid Funko collector, but I can admit some pops can look really great. And they look even better when they bring merchandise into older franchises like Darkwing Duck or Ren and Stimpy. Everyone always fails to realize that even though funko seems like a soulless company trying to make a quick buck off the masses, Pops and their other series have ghost artists behind them just like Kidrobot's licensed work. I agree these Batman dunnys look terrible, they all have misshapen heads and some like Robin just look very wonky, but man I can only imagine what the artist feels like after seeing all the backlash from their work.


It is unfortunate that funko pops are crap on so vehemently, but when you're so overexposed to something you dislike it's hard not to be pissy. Seeing entire walls in comic shops, book stores, toy stores, and just about everywhere else, is frustrating. It is a shame though, because if you look closely you can see the craftsmanship that went into the details (I find the hair sculpts can be quite nice), or in the more unique sculpts (like Darkwing Duck or Pete).

Author:  Thatsmrlazy [ Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:43 am ]
Post subject:  Re: NaNANANANANA BATMAN Dunny

Nicknards wrote:
but man I can only imagine what the artist feels like after seeing all the backlash from their work.


They probably did the best with the brief they were given. Simple colours and shapes, not too much detail, Not stylised and Funko like may have been the instructions given.

Searching Batman Dunny or Joker dunny gives so many images like these. I know I have said it before but Its a real wasted opportunity for the series to not have been multi-artist and stylised.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Author:  Oisterboy [ Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:08 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: NaNANANANANA BATMAN Dunny

Oof I would have been all over those.

Author:  swind15 [ Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:49 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: NaNANANANANA BATMAN Dunny

The Joker and some of the other designs are not bad, BUT that Two-Face, Penguin, and Robin are pretty terrible. How in god's name were those three designs approved of? Two-Face should have a suit that is split in half like his face and comes off as really lazy. Penguin looks like Alfred or just a regular guy. Robin looks like his face was stung by a swarm of bees. These three are keeping me from buying any blinds. Might just pick up that 5" classic Joker if there's a sale.

Page 3 of 4 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
https://www.phpbb.com/