forum home kr home

Kidrobot Discussion Boards

Welcome to the best place on the web to talk about urban vinyl toys, plush, mini-figures, toy-art, toy artists, collecting, customs, & more!

It is currently Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Wild Life
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:26 pm 

Well then. That's a case purchase if ever I saw one!

Looks like I'm back into hardcore collecting...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:47 pm 

Back to the multi! Wish there was more artists, and wasn’t a “theme”, but happy with the direction. Vectors look solid. There is one artist that is a must-have for me!!

Great transactions with: ckwok528, ianthegamer, Ash_KBear, poyplemcmuffins, DrftDrgn21, Eiji, dunnygirl84, jjH8te, 1v1artin, DirtyDiva, SonnyN, VapDee, (nice dream), chamber37, BurymewithmyToys, GPerg, itsluxury, Criqket, SerialChiller, KIDCANNON10, Oisterboy, LuckyKid19, Sideglide, MattPower

What I'm selling: http://trampt.com/users/dbfree/deal

What I'm seeking: http://trampt.com/users/dbfree/want

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:53 pm 

ChewieOK wrote:
It's tough for those who have collected for years. We were cautiously optimistic about the Wild Life series. We keep waiting for it to get back on track but it never does. The prices go up, the cases get bigger, dupes increase, and more and more poor series are released. The rehashed GID 13 series was said to be super limited yet its still available. There is little activity in the forum and few, if any, case layouts are posted now. There has been major bad decision making regarding the dunny line. They are cranking this stuff out with little thought, just to make a buck. In the past, you could have over a dozen very different interesting artists in a series. My interest is very low at this point. I have skipped most series in the last year and a half. Its too expensive for weak product. KR needs to release only two dunny series a year and spend some time cultivating inspired artists for them. I still haven't bought the Kronk holiday dunny. I like it, but after adding shipping and taxes, I passed. I complain because I still sort of care...for now.

This x 2

Great transactions with: ckwok528, ianthegamer, Ash_KBear, poyplemcmuffins, DrftDrgn21, Eiji, dunnygirl84, jjH8te, 1v1artin, DirtyDiva, SonnyN, VapDee, (nice dream), chamber37, BurymewithmyToys, GPerg, itsluxury, Criqket, SerialChiller, KIDCANNON10, Oisterboy, LuckyKid19, Sideglide, MattPower

What I'm selling: http://trampt.com/users/dbfree/deal

What I'm seeking: http://trampt.com/users/dbfree/want

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:21 am 

There's a few of them I might pick up on eBay but I don't think I'll buy a case :?

good trades/sales with:
ChefJt, joeydzzle, grimlock, uberboy, playdoh, DreVanFuzen, Femme_Fortress1, j3tang, bb4life*911, LLslickD, jmf337, djtomain, cprobot, ceejay, juanperezx, sakuradave, ROACHSHACK138, SonnyN, emaniac, G85, elias and many more to come :D

if I forgot you lmk :)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:32 am 

With regard to the KR artists, I don't think it's like a nepotism type thing. In my opinion it's quite an accomplishment to say you work there and it's obvious that Johnny Draco et al put in a lot of work into their art careers just like other artists do.

"KR needs to release only two dunny series a year and spend some time cultivating inspired artists for them."

^ Definitely agree with this. You can get a certain market with Licensed stuff and more power to you if that's part of your bread and butter, but ultimately if you want to build real momentum with the art community, you gotta get your hands back into the up and coming art scene. I can see the dilemma from the business perspective but if you're going to be in the scene you might as well try to make it the best it can be and if that takes more involvement in finding more up-and-coming talent, then put your money there. Quality brings success.

With that being said, this series has some really great artists and I could see me picking up a few pieces myself. Super glad Igor is getting multiple pieces! Love me some Kronk too and it looks like Squink and some of the in house designers have some dope designs as well!