forum home kr home

Kidrobot Discussion Boards

Welcome to the best place on the web to talk about urban vinyl toys, plush, mini-figures, toy-art, toy artists, collecting, customs, & more!

It is currently Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:12 pm 

I received a defective a 8" Red Clairvoyant Dunny and Customer service didn't want to do anything about it, but to send me a return label.. I am out of collecting more kidrobot toys.

At Ieast I wish kidrobot had apologized for sending me a flawed item that looks unpolished, but you just talked about the return policy. I checked on the forums how other people received the perfect clairvoyant dunny but not me. Was there any worry about how you made me feel? It is really sad and disappointing as I have been a loyal customer and fan since 2008. Well it seems that instead of you worrying about the customer, kidrobot just worries about the money and that is not the company I used to like.

Please understand that it is not fine sending a defective item and making me feel is my fault. Please start a quality control process...
Bye bye

Cesar

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:44 pm 

Lets see a photo or at least tell us what's wrong with it. Also this is an extremely limited item so maybe they ran out, idk what to tell you. Why did they send you a return label, what did they say they would do? GIVE ME MORE DETAILS ffs I have had nothing but great experiences with there customer service so this makes me curious.

-CasperNY- -Finnrcw- -theOutlaw- -therealchinaman- -geescube-

LTB http://trampt.com/users/Scrow/want

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:45 pm 

They offered to pay return shipping?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:17 pm 

Ide like to know what was defective about it also. As a collector, one defective toy will not stop me from collecting from their company. mistakes happen and they will deal with it the best way they can.

If the toy is sold out what else can be done? Prove its defective and they should give you a refund or mail it back and maybe they will compensate or fix the problem and send it back. Ive had many toys break from shipping, i just glue them back together and go about my day.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:58 pm 

Would love to see some pics or at least a decent descriptions of how it was defective. It happens, which sucks, but it seems customer service is doing the best they can with the options available.

Great Sellers: halfapparition, noeleaser, belfinatorzz111, (nice dream), paulzdeep, 666ways2love, rjxdang, w33zy16, cmk802, QUASIMO, Ath, fast1590, kgyure, mavxb3, DexDexign, MattPower, delicious62
Great Buyers: Counterbalance
Great Trades: DManTX, MattPower
Muled for: patrick40, ShizRobot, kgyure

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:55 pm 

I wonder if its the same issue I had with my red version. When i received it the body paint was still wet and sticky, ended up causing the bottom to stick to the plastic casing causing the paint to come off. Left it out for 2 days and the paint finally dried all of the way. Not sure what others looks like but this caused the body to have darker paint runs all along it, personally makes it unique and i'm keeping it.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:27 am 

If you're such a hardcore KR collector that 1 flawed toy in 9 years is enough for you to call it quits, peace out! 9 years would be a heck of a winning streak.

But pics or i'm calling 100% on all this. :---) :gettingdeep:

sales thread http://forums.kidrobot.com/viewtopic.php?p=2065190#p2065190
100+ Buying, selling, muling transactions over the years. Plenty of references.

>>>DO NOT SUPPORT DEKORNER, Toy Tokyo
Bad dealings/shady people: griffndunn, Ktnboy, QNguyen/TRgear<<<

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:41 am 

It took a week to receive an email from Customer Service after three attempts. They apologized about taking time to respond but they didn't care about how I felt after being all excited and getting frustrated after I open the box. There are different type of collectors and I just want to enjoy something I selective chose. If there was some Quality control before shipping the toys that would avoid situations like mine. I guess if that had happened to you, you might have reacted different, but in my case I just want to receive what I paid for, I dont want to take my paint or a sharpie and fix it.

I used to Love Kidrobot when they focused on toys and us, not in the money they can make. Luckily the artists I like from KR also have other collaboration work. I will be back once I feel Kidrobot focuses again on their fans, not on the money and shipping. I don't feel I have been treated fairly.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:01 am 

:shock: :lol:

There is QC in China. Unfortunately, small things like this occasionally slip through the cracks. I've seen widespread problems that were considered acceptable

I'm sure the shipping warehouse (which is not run by KR employees mind you), will gladly open each and every box to inspect it before they ship your order. Definitely one for the suggestion box.

:roll:

And if you haven't noticed, KR has been more about the fans in the last 2 years than they have in a long long time.

The fact that they are willing to take it back for a full refund and pay for return shipping is doing you a solid. If they are sold out, they are sold out. They can't pull another one out of thin air.

sales thread http://forums.kidrobot.com/viewtopic.php?p=2065190#p2065190
100+ Buying, selling, muling transactions over the years. Plenty of references.

>>>DO NOT SUPPORT DEKORNER, Toy Tokyo
Bad dealings/shady people: griffndunn, Ktnboy, QNguyen/TRgear<<<

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:43 am 

Customer Service said that the 8-inch Clairvoyant Dunny was hand brushed. Ok, so what would you do if you were in my situation when you paid the same amount as the other 200 customers and rushed to get one online in the morning as you wanted to have one since you see it at designer con? Wish that never happens to any of you... at least I was expecting some empathy from Customer Service anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:19 am 

ckobashi wrote:
Customer Service said that the 8-inch Clairvoyant Dunny was hand brushed. Ok, so what would you do if you were in my situation when you paid the same amount as the other 200 customers and rushed to get one online in the morning as you wanted to have one since you see it at designer con? Wish that never happens to any of you... at least I was expecting some empathy from Customer Service anyway.

I had an issue with a figure not to long ago and they just sent me a new one, even let me keep the one with a messed up hand. Now this figure was not rare and they still had it in stock so it is much different. Them offering you a refund is pretty much the only thing they could do, if they don't have the figure I don't really see another option. Honestly if it is a huge deal I would just leave it or touch it up a bit (I have also done this) and be happy because it's still a great figure. I'm sorry this happened to you and I can tell you are upset but you only have a few options so I would just pick one and try to move on from it because it will be easier for you, crap happens you know.

-CasperNY- -Finnrcw- -theOutlaw- -therealchinaman- -geescube-

LTB http://trampt.com/users/Scrow/want

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:03 am 

ckobashi wrote:

Mine looks the same as yours so your not alone. When i received it the paint was still wet, if you look in the picture thats why the legs/base are shiny, this also cause the portion between the legs to puddle and stick to the plastic. After letting it dry for 2 days all the black paint has pretty much faded on mine and you can no longer see it, especially with the head. The picture was taken right after taking it out of the box. I would send it back but I want this dunny.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:13 am 

that sucks dude.
remember that KR office now is mostly soccer moms and just people with a job and not collectors/fans like it used to be. they are not used to this world.

now if one of those ever pops up in the "vault" release, I would be really miffed.

"total disgrace, alot of artists have been screwed by mindstyle, this is a claim that can be backed up BIGTIME!. In fact we could write a book on it! I don't have a grudge cause my situation has been done n gone, but i know of many other HUNGRY people wanting to produce work who will never see what they so rightly deserve, payment and samples, and whatever mindstyle decides to do with your art...you will have no say or control"

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:18 pm 

Thats a bummer, but it does seem fairly minor and relatively fixable.

Unfortunately, this kind of thing happens. As I said before it seems Kidrobot is doing the best it can with a bad situation. If it wasn't sold out the story might be different.

I feel Kidrobot has taken great strides in supporting the fanbase and community recently. There is definitely room for improvement, but this seems a little blown out of proportion.

Great Sellers: halfapparition, noeleaser, belfinatorzz111, (nice dream), paulzdeep, 666ways2love, rjxdang, w33zy16, cmk802, QUASIMO, Ath, fast1590, kgyure, mavxb3, DexDexign, MattPower, delicious62

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:37 pm 

Send it to me. I'll fix it.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:25 pm 

Ill rust it....

http://www.drils.com
http://www.flickr.com/drilone

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:46 pm 

^this a GREAT OFFER from Dril!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:22 am 

drilone wrote:
Ill rust it....

+1

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:59 am 

drilone wrote:
Ill rust it....

:shock:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:06 am 

drilone wrote:
Ill rust it....

DO IT!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:05 pm 

drilone wrote:
Ill rust it....

That would look incredible!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:49 am 

Just chiming in here...

Like others have said, it's a sucky situation. You scored a limited edition piece, which sold out, and yours is defective without anything to replace it. Unfortunately, that's one of the negative aspects of this type of hobby. I'd definitely be bummed out if I were in your position, but you have to accept the situation that the item can't be replaced. They're a small team, so a delayed response is somewhat reasonable (though I'd think a 24 hour turnaround would be ideal), and it doesn't sound like they were outright rude to you.

So I think your options are...

1. Send it back and get a refund.
2. Keep it as is.
3. Acetone the gross paint off.
4. Have DrillOne work on it and get an amazing one-of-a-kind out of a crummy situation.

If I were in your position, I'd consider reaching out to J*Ryu. Tell him about the situation (calmly and nicely), and ask if he has any AP editions of this colorway and if so, if he could hook you up with one. You could then use the money from the KR refund to pay for the AP. Just an idea.