forum home kr home

Kidrobot Discussion Boards

Welcome to the best place on the web to talk about urban vinyl toys, plush, mini-figures, toy-art, toy artists, collecting, customs, & more!

It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:25 pm 

If you missed the announcement for Scott Wilkowski's Infected Bazaar exhibition at Clutter Gallery, then you might not know that it is almost all 3" and 5" Infected Dunny pieces! For those that couldn't make the opening, I wrote a little recap with lots of photos. Hope you all enjoy!

https://coartmag.com/news/exhibition-report/scott-wilkowski-infected-bazaar/

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:47 pm 

Wasn't able to be there in person but your pictures are great. I was waffling between picking up the red/yellow 5" and the black 5", ended up going with the black just cuz it looks perfectly haunting, but seeing your in-person pics of the red/yellow...it would have made for a much tougher decision if I saw those prior...that piece is beautiful.

On a related note, I was on their site on Saturday, waiting for the 2pm ET drop for the Preview group, knowing full well that I wasn't going to snag any one-offs (from my previous experiences with Clutter's website), but obviously wanted to give it a shot. So I had my tabs up in my browser, and was going to shoot for one of the one-off 3" that I wanted. I refresh my browser page at 1:45 pm or so to make sure things were loading (Clutter's servers have been unkind to me in the past) and at 1:45 pm all the 3" one-offs are already sold out. They just flipped from Not Available to Sold Out 15 minutes before the drop.

What's with that? Does that mean that they sold everything to people who reserved them before the official release? Regardless of what actually happened, what's the point of including those Dunnys in the show if you're just going to sell them before the publicly listed drop time and screw over people who were patiently waiting? I can't tell with Clutter when it's their servers that are the issue or when it just seems like some poorly coordinated bs. It always seems like flippers get what they were looking for when you see Scott's pieces go up on eBay at like a $200 markup.

It's frustrating that like every drop from Clutter is so inconsistent. Their gift wrapped show this year I bought a piece literally at the turn of the clock and I get an email two weeks later saying they oversold it and apparently I was either not first in line or they just decided that I was the unlucky duck that wasn't getting his, so they canceled the order and refunded my money.

Love the work they get, but hate their website and this inconsistency.

/rant

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:14 pm 

Just somehow grabbed one of the blue/pink color ways (one of 10) on clutter. Very awesome, really looking forward to it!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:15 pm 

Hopped on clutters site undecided at around 1:40 , loved the clear white 5" so added to cart and boom sold out was able to check out since they use cart system . Good thing went on early otherwise would have been denied. Here's a pic of it I took from the show. Image
BTW Beacon NY is a great little town and Gallery has some amazing pieces

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:13 pm 

I'm struggling with pulling the trigger on these guys. I already have a couple of them, and would love a few more, but there is so much more unique stuff coming out this year. All the colors are super rad, and it would be great to have a 5" version, but still... I can't afford them all...

Great Sellers: halfapparition, noeleaser, belfinatorzz111, (nice dream), paulzdeep, 666ways2love, rjxdang, w33zy16, cmk802, QUASIMO, Ath, fast1590, kgyure, mavxb3, DexDexign, MattPower, delicious62
Great Buyers: Counterbalance
Great Trades: DManTX, MattPower
Muled for: patrick40, ShizRobot, kgyure

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:15 pm 

Well I guess it's super cool for some people that they went on sale 20 minutes before they should have.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:01 pm 

I grabbed one of the blue/pink's also, that clear white one is pretty awesome looking!

ynottony
Nebulon5
lulu
waisicmao
grimlock
TiredChildren
lifeSIZEuglyDOL
OsirisOrion
Rsinart

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:41 pm 

bernando2 wrote:
Well I guess it's super cool for some people that they went on sale 20 minutes before they should have.

Nope I was pretty upset with that too, it's one thing to miss out on a drop but to have it released early like that and never have a chance is frustrating.

To keep it positive though, it looked like a great show, and thanks for the write-up TrustPigs!

:partyman:

GREAT TRANSACTIONS with board members: frostymug, Kluc, physchopainter, bigbad99, i12punk, Turcicus, tekman8, datoyattic, johnnybagadonuts, garbagedick, JayJayFool, j0nwalsh, ardabusrubber, Ash_Kbear, Rmetz27, Dominick1080, Lfarnc, deathtollzero, realtyguy808, soljah52, johnrussellf, sinbad77, Arcady, Blessed88 (sorry if I missed anyone, they've almost all have been great though!)

If you have any Nikejerk Customs for sale or trade please let me know, Thank you

MY COLLECTION:
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=175743&p=2318299&hilit=Ty%27s+customs+chomping+at+the+bit#p2318299

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:44 am 

Yeah, sorry for my rant. Your piece is great and the photos are especially dope.

I was in the same boat as QTPie, I'm just such a sucker for this piece.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:33 pm 

There have been a few more color ways added to the site. Including a glow in the dark 3 inch that I just snagged.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:51 pm 

Nevermind, found it

ynottony
Nebulon5
lulu
waisicmao
grimlock
TiredChildren
lifeSIZEuglyDOL
OsirisOrion
Rsinart

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:38 am 

Finally got the 5" from the show, very sick in person!

ynottony
Nebulon5
lulu
waisicmao
grimlock
TiredChildren
lifeSIZEuglyDOL
OsirisOrion
Rsinart

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:56 pm 

K20Lee wrote:
Finally got the 5" from the show, very sick in person!

I got the same one! It's AMAZING in person. Such incredible detail, and the cotton candy color scheme is awesome!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:06 am 

bernando2 wrote:

It's part of the game. Check early, check often, then check again exactly 30 mins afterward in case one gets released from someone's cart. I do it every time, and this is probably the first time in a year or so that it's paid off. Good things in life always go to those who are most diligent. Though if it makes you feel any better, $200 for a 5" dunny that isn't one-of-a-kind is not exactly a great deal. :lol:

Regardless of the price, I'm glad I got it. It really is nice.

References: Squidnik, halfapparition, foto junkaay, 1v1artin, NinJaSkills, hova, gmiddleswarth, frankthefish, Chauskoskis, ClarkR, rundmb, reactor88, jennipho, thetonybot, 666ways2love, Quest_Ion, NSTNATE, SecurityGeek, dimply_gecko, tsoli727, Dupper, BOOKER73, zombiemonkie, BRADLEYAFRANK, busizem718 + more (146 total transactions)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:01 am 

paul wrote:
bernando2 wrote:

It's part of the game. Check early, check often, then check again exactly 30 mins afterward in case one gets released from someone's cart. I do it every time, and this is probably the first time in a year or so that it's paid off. Good things in life always go to those who are most diligent. Though if it makes you feel any better, $200 for a 5" dunny that isn't one-of-a-kind is not exactly a great deal. :lol:

that price is dumb!

"total disgrace, alot of artists have been screwed by mindstyle, this is a claim that can be backed up BIGTIME!. In fact we could write a book on it! I don't have a grudge cause my situation has been done n gone, but i know of many other HUNGRY people wanting to produce work who will never see what they so rightly deserve, payment and samples, and whatever mindstyle decides to do with your art...you will have no say or control"

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:55 am 

halfapparition wrote:
paul wrote:
bernando2 wrote:

that price is dumb!

IMO, I'd pay 200 bucks for one of those Dunnys however I probably wouldn't pay any more than that. The skeleton inside is ridiculously detailed. I paid $225 for a 9" Resin Skelve at DCON with significantly less detail in the sculpt and I also believe it was an addition of 30.

With that being said, if peeps are willing to pay $200 and these things and they continue to sell like hot cakes, then the perceived value is going to stay around that price.

I hope that makes sense. I haven't finished my morning coffee yet. :rolleyes:

For Trade
For Sale

"Every man has inside himself a parasitic being who is acting not at all to his advantage..."
- William S. Burroughs

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:22 am 

I believe it was worthwhile. I wouldn't have paid that much for any other color combo, though. This edition is the best one I've seen, IMHO.

References: Squidnik, halfapparition, foto junkaay, 1v1artin, NinJaSkills, hova, gmiddleswarth, frankthefish, Chauskoskis, ClarkR, rundmb, reactor88, jennipho, thetonybot, 666ways2love, Quest_Ion, NSTNATE, SecurityGeek, dimply_gecko, tsoli727, Dupper, BOOKER73, zombiemonkie, BRADLEYAFRANK, busizem718 + more (146 total transactions)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:20 pm 

So a 5" Blue is releasing tomorrow on kidrobot.com

Anyone know what the price will be? Or edition size? I'm hoping for under $200.

Refs:htlkid25, Bo0oYaH, busizem718, jun2, DreVanFuzen, Bluefin, Parotkilah, EASheartsVinyl, PJay, jmf337, bboyilluminati6, toddivision, D-LuX, scarwars, FuzzFace, Tizight, unmundane, Peter_Awesome, Graf-Toyz, Naturaljoe, tattooedjester, harm

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:35 pm 

GFD18 wrote:

It's $200 and it's available now!
There are LESS THAN 30 LEFT!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:41 pm 

Kidrobot Guru wrote:
GFD18 wrote:

I'm going to suggest that if this forum is going to be a useful source of information, posting something like "there are less than 30 left" hours after the sale begins requires actual knowledge of your inventory (not to mention, posting the day of the sale that it is "tomorrow" was also inaccurate, but I'm sure that was just an innocent mistake). I received this from KR customer service yesterday:

Hello ***;

I am very sorry to inform you that due to an ordering issue (completely on our end), we oversold the “5in Infected Dunny by Scott Wilkowski”. We are looking into the technical issue to ensure this does not happen in the future. We appreciate you as a customer and realize receiving this email is going to be very disappointing!

We have already begun to process your refund. Your funds will be deposited back into your account in the next 5-10 business days.

Please let me know if you have any questions. And again, we apologize for this huge inconvenience.

Best,
Kidrobot Customer Service

I bought this less than a minute after they went up for sale and am being refunded because of an "oversell"; meanwhile, hours later you guys are posting that there are 30 left. Not cool and not a good way to keep customers.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:14 pm 

kgyure wrote:
Kidrobot Guru wrote:
GFD18 wrote:

I'm going to suggest that if this forum is going to be a useful source of information, posting something like "there are less than 30 left" hours after the sale begins requires actual knowledge of your inventory

In Guru's defense, he was checking the inventory via our website. Anyone can do it. You put in a super high quantity in the blank field and it will show you how many are remaining to purchase. I placed my order as soon as they went live and it was cancelled as well, super frustrating!!! I will definitely be bringing this up in our next sales/marketing meeting later this week..

For Trade
For Sale

"Every man has inside himself a parasitic being who is acting not at all to his advantage..."
- William S. Burroughs

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:01 pm 

I'm certainly not blaming Guru - it was frustrating enough to be refunded, but it kind of added insult to injury to read on here that there was stock remaining for a while yet they refunded the earliest orders. I've certainly been in oversell situations before and understand that computer glitches happen, but usually when that happens most stores refund the later orders, not the earliest ones.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:49 pm 

Now I'm worried I haven't received a email saying the dunny was shipped or that my order was refunded.

Awesome Transactions w/:bigbad99, realtyguy808, tonyxp, gmiddleswarth, bcundall,Nicedream,KIDCANNON10,Nicknards,bungholio,angeezyy77,ianthegamerx2,
Eiji,nypedestrian,surfjord,FrankyJz,rstone010

Awesome Trades w/:dinsmoor,FistfulOfBunnies

Awesome Forum Members:surfjord,KIDCANNON10,FrankyJz,rstone010

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:22 pm 

elias wrote:
Now I'm worried I haven't received a email saying the dunny was shipped or that my order was refunded.

I'm in the same exact boat. I ordered right when they became available. I got the initial order confirmation email but have not heard *anything* since then. No refund email and no shipping email.

This will be very frustrating if all of our orders get cancelled. That has to be some MASSIVE error since these were available to buy almost the entire day and its possible they sold out in the couple of minutes range...

Noel - Yes, please bring this matter up in your meeting next week. Can you please verify the time that these "actually" sold out online? And verify that the orders place later in the day are being cancelled before people who ordered immediately at launch? Thanks

Refs:htlkid25, Bo0oYaH, busizem718, jun2, DreVanFuzen, Bluefin, Parotkilah, EASheartsVinyl, PJay, jmf337, bboyilluminati6, toddivision, D-LuX, scarwars, FuzzFace, Tizight, unmundane, Peter_Awesome, Graf-Toyz, Naturaljoe, tattooedjester, harm

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:33 pm 

As a follow-up to my previous post, I got a shipping notification on the 12th.

Elias- Have you received your shipping confirmation email yet?