Mab Graves Dunny

Get your Dunny fix here. Discuss the 3-inch series, post an 8-inch wish lists, or chat about upcoming designs.

Moderator: Kidrobot Guru

halfapparition

Mab Graves Dunny

Post by halfapparition » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:29 am

I am not the biggest Mab fan but this will make people happy.

:D

from SKET
"total disgrace, alot of artists have been screwed by mindstyle, this is a claim that can be backed up BIGTIME!. In fact we could write a book on it! I don't have a grudge cause my situation has been done n gone, but i know of many other HUNGRY people wanting to produce work who will never see what they so rightly deserve, payment and samples, and whatever mindstyle decides to do with your art...you will have no say or control"

QTPie

Re: Mab Graves Dunny

Post by QTPie » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:00 am

Very rad.

I loved her 8" piece in the DTA Dunny Show. I'm excited to see what she'll cook up!
http://trampt.com/users/QTPie/feed

Great Sellers: halfapparition, noeleaser, belfinatorzz111, (nice dream), paulzdeep, 666ways2love, rjxdang, w33zy16, cmk802, QUASIMO, Ath, fast1590, kgyure, mavxb3, DexDexign, MattPower, delicious62
Great Buyers: Counterbalance
Great Trades: DManTX, MattPower
Muled for: patrick40, ShizRobot, kgyure

paul

Post by paul » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:14 pm

Excited to see it! Hoping she does something really weird.
www.allvinyls.com

References: Squidnik, halfapparition, foto junkaay, 1v1artin, NinJaSkills, hova, gmiddleswarth, frankthefish, Chauskoskis, ClarkR, rundmb, reactor88, jennipho, thetonybot, 666ways2love, Quest_Ion, NSTNATE, SecurityGeek, dimply_gecko, tsoli727, Dupper, BOOKER73, zombiemonkie, BRADLEYAFRANK, busizem718 + more (146 total transactions)

Scrow

Post by Scrow » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:19 pm

That's awesome, love her!! Plus I know she is going through a lot of crap right now so hopefully this brings some joy to her.
GOOD TRANSACTIONS: -realtyguy808- -ianthegamer- -Ak4play- -pico_de_orizaba- -rstone010-
-surfjord- -mooshysushi- -Nicedream- -gokou105- -noname27- -HeyJB - -Eiji- -Rmetz27- -rjl-
-snooker- -DBAS- -mimicatl- -noname27- -Freakinkram88- -Bansheebeat- -Ottawa- -mavxb3-
-CasperNY- -Finnrcw- -theOutlaw- -therealchinaman- -geescube-

LTB http://trampt.com/users/Scrow/want

QTPie

Post by QTPie » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:45 am

Strangecat just released a pre-order and some vectors.

https://strangecattoys.com/product/mab-graves-8-dunny/

Great Sellers: halfapparition, noeleaser, belfinatorzz111, (nice dream), paulzdeep, 666ways2love, rjxdang, w33zy16, cmk802, QUASIMO, Ath, fast1590, kgyure, mavxb3, DexDexign, MattPower, delicious62

Oisterboy

Post by Oisterboy » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:50 pm

Not for me, but mad people are excited for it!

chorus

Post by chorus » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:01 pm

Yea I didn't really care for the custom this looks to be based on but I've enjoyed a lot of work in the past so hopefully this gets reworked/cleaned up a bit for a production. Great to see new artists though!
good deals w/:
fauxtograph, yup, thegfm, jmf337, johnnybagadounuts, neeonfox

K20Lee

Post by K20Lee » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:30 am

Went ahead and preordered it cause the wife loves it
GOOD TRANSACTIONS
mavxb3
snooker
ynottony
Nebulon5
lulu
waisicmao
grimlock
TiredChildren
lifeSIZEuglyDOL
OsirisOrion
Rsinart

strangecat

Post by strangecat » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:43 pm

EDITED: please do not post images until they've been officially released by Kidrobot. Thanks!
Here's a link for pre-order!
https://strangecattoys.com/product/mab-graves-8-dunny/

swind15

Post by swind15 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:05 pm

Can't go wrong with an 8" Flocked Dunny. I'm looking forward to seeing the final product images of the face.

halfapparition

Post by halfapparition » Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:06 am

this has been moved to later in the year I think. September +
from SKET
"total disgrace, alot of artists have been screwed by mindstyle, this is a claim that can be backed up BIGTIME!. In fact we could write a book on it! I don't have a grudge cause my situation has been done n gone, but i know of many other HUNGRY people wanting to produce work who will never see what they so rightly deserve, payment and samples, and whatever mindstyle decides to do with your art...you will have no say or control"

ShizRobot

Post by ShizRobot » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:32 am

So this should finally be released in November. After being postponed several times I was afraid this would never see the light of day. I love how it turned out; love the eyes, the sculpted bit of hair and the pink flocking. Can't wait to see it irl.

Pictures on StrangeCat Toys website for pre-order ($75).

Wouldn't be surprised if there's a blue KR exlusive, but I prefer the pink anyway.

Only thing I'm worried about is that the butterflies, if they come already attached to the dunny, might easily break off during shipping as the connection between the dunny and the butterflies seems a bit fragile. Unless they're magnetic...?

joannmae513

Post by joannmae513 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:29 pm

Im dying to get this! ive seen it on ebay but im wondering if someone can give me specific details on where to order this? i know the "official" release date is late October? im a newbie to this forum so any help any of you regulars (or anyone that wants to pffer help)-please feel free-i would be really grateful! :oops:

QTPie

Post by QTPie » Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:14 am

joannmae513 wrote:Im dying to get this! ive seen it on ebay but im wondering if someone can give me specific details on where to order this? i know the "official" release date is late October? im a newbie to this forum so any help any of you regulars (or anyone that wants to pffer help)-please feel free-i would be really grateful! :oops:
I believe its releasing this Friday. I read that on instagram somewhere, but I can't remember where exactly.

joannmae513

Post by joannmae513 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:36 am

QTPie wrote:
joannmae513 wrote:Im dying to get this! ive seen it on ebay but im wondering if someone can give me specific details on where to order this? i know the "official" release date is late October? im a newbie to this forum so any help any of you regulars (or anyone that wants to pffer help)-please feel free-i would be really grateful! :oops:
I believe its releasing this Friday. I read that on instagram somewhere, but I can't remember where exactly.
Thank you very much! I'll keep a lookout!

QTPie

Post by QTPie » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:38 am

Looks like its up!

https://www.kidrobot.com/collections/du ... mab-graves

I don't see the Blue colorway, but I may already be late to the party.

IgorVentura

Post by IgorVentura » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:55 am

QTPie wrote:Looks like its up!

According to the item description, "The Dreamer 8" Dunny by Mab Graves comes in two collectible color ways: a kidrobot.com exclusive pastel blue color way (limited edition of 200 pieces world-wide) that releases in November and this pastel pink color way (limited edition of 1000 pieces world-wide) available today."
instagram
twitter
facebook
redmutuca.com

huck gee wrote:Great stuff!

ShizRobot

Post by ShizRobot » Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:43 am

@Kidrobot Guru: the dunny description mentions ‘three-demential’ sculpted butterfly accents... Can you maybe get someone to change that to three-dimensional?

QTPie

Post by QTPie » Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:08 pm

IgorVentura wrote:
QTPie wrote:Looks like its up!

According to the item description, "The Dreamer 8" Dunny by Mab Graves comes in two collectible color ways: a kidrobot.com exclusive pastel blue color way (limited edition of 200 pieces world-wide) that releases in November and this pastel pink color way (limited edition of 1000 pieces world-wide) available today."
There you go reading and stuff. Geez! :p

ShizRobot

Post by ShizRobot » Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:03 pm

ShizRobot wrote:@Kidrobot Guru: the dunny description mentions ‘three-demential’ sculpted butterfly accents... Can you maybe get someone to change that to three-dimensional?
I see it’s changed now. You’re welcome :roll:

Why has the pic that showed the blue Dreamer been removed though?

Kidrobot Guru

Post by Kidrobot Guru » Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:18 pm

ShizRobot wrote:
ShizRobot wrote:@Kidrobot Guru: the dunny description mentions ‘three-demential’ sculpted butterfly accents... Can you maybe get someone to change that to three-dimensional?

Thanks! ;)

I was about to answer this then I saw that you rolled your eyes at me, so now I'm not going to answer this.

See how that works? :roll:

Kidrobot Guru

Post by Kidrobot Guru » Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:35 pm

Kidrobot Guru wrote:
ShizRobot wrote:

Thanks! ;)

I was about to answer this then I saw that you rolled your eyes at me, so now I'm not going to answer this.

See how that works? :roll:
Now that you've had some time to reflect on what you've done, I'll answert your question.. :p

The blue one was removed from our site to avoid confusion. It's not available until November 10th, so on that day, the blue one will magically reappear!

I hope this answers your question, have a great day!!

8)

ShizRobot

Post by ShizRobot » Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:25 pm

Kidrobot Guru wrote:Now that you've had some time to reflect on what you've done, I'll answert your question.. :p
Haha, good one! :D Don’t know what I was thinking :oops: :p

And thanks for the answer! <3 A great day to you too!

ShizRobot

Post by ShizRobot » Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:29 am

ShizRobot wrote:Wouldn't be surprised if there's a blue KR exclusive, but I prefer the pink anyway.
Alright, alright, I said this about the KR exclusive before I had seen it, but after seeing the pictures I'm liking it just as much as the pink version :tonqe:

Ordering it from the KR website with international shipping brings the total close to $180 :doubt: Any forum members in the USA willing to help me out with getting it? [-o< I order it to be delivered to you; then I pay you for shipping the box to me + a tip. If you can help, please send me a PM.

trustpigs

Post by trustpigs » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:48 am

For those that are curious about this piece, I recently did a video review of it, delving into not just the Dunny but also Mab's history & style. You can check it out here:
https://coartmag.com/news/review/mab-gr ... mer-dunny/

I hope you all enjoy it!