forum home kr home

Kidrobot Discussion Boards

Welcome to the best place on the web to talk about urban vinyl toys, plush, mini-figures, toy-art, toy artists, collecting, customs, & more!

It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 187 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 4:26 pm 

Judging from the silhouettes there will be two designs with color variants. Excited to see the dunny with what appears to be giant horns as well as the armless dunny. Overall, I am hyped for this series!

Great Sellers: halfapparition, noeleaser, belfinatorzz111, (nice dream), paulzdeep, 666ways2love, rjxdang, w33zy16, cmk802, QUASIMO, Ath, fast1590, kgyure, mavxb3, DexDexign, MattPower, delicious62
Great Buyers: Counterbalance
Great Trades: DManTX, MattPower
Muled for: patrick40, ShizRobot, kgyure

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:55 pm 

MUST. HAVE. THIS.

amofop, nameBRAND, mANNEe, JRDillGC, lamuna, HOVA, vinylist, Dank82, iamchristsao, adik.na.chinoy, javadoozy, rimamir, cer0z, steen182, robotcollector, DrewBlood, therealchinaman, halfapparition(x3), phildren2a, fett42, soljah52, DarkLies212, KIDCANNON10, Stonesoup75, darika09, Salamander, DirtyDiva, DexDexign(x2), endo24, GKpirate619, LOADHOLT

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:14 pm 

QTPie wrote:
Judging from the silhouettes there will be two designs with color variants. Excited to see the dunny with what appears to be giant horns as well as the armless dunny. Overall, I am hyped for this series!

you are correct in regards to the variants. in addition, we tried to make sense with the ratios and i think everyone will be pleased. at least i hope so. can't wait to reveal more, but in the meantime, please check out this month's Clutter Magazine which kicks off the first of a series of articles about this series and the artists involved. thanks as always for your ardent support and encouragement, respects all!

Instagram : JRYUART
Twitter : JRYUART
My FB Fan Page

please email show and commission requests to email@jryuart.com . Respects!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:15 pm 

MusicMan02 wrote:
MUST. HAVE. THIS.

yes, i concur. it's a lovely, classy, metal AF piece.

My FB Fan Page

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:40 pm 

j*ryu wrote:
MusicMan02 wrote:
MUST. HAVE. THIS.

yes, i concur. it's a lovely, classy, metal AF piece.

I absolutely love the idea of the sculpt. I'll have to see the final piece, of course, but I'm already dreaming up ways of having it customized. Unless it's just too perfect as-is. ;)

amofop, nameBRAND, mANNEe, JRDillGC, lamuna, HOVA, vinylist, Dank82, iamchristsao, adik.na.chinoy, javadoozy, rimamir, cer0z, steen182, robotcollector, DrewBlood, therealchinaman, halfapparition(x3), phildren2a, fett42, soljah52, DarkLies212, KIDCANNON10, Stonesoup75, darika09, Salamander, DirtyDiva, DexDexign(x2), endo24, GKpirate619, LOADHOLT

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:37 pm 

I'm assuming the crazy horns is godmachine but I guess it could be anyone lol.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:20 pm 

Mega excited for this series. Theme is right up my street. Love the artists involved (godmachine :rolleyes:) and the silhouettes have me intrigued! Will be purchasing a case of these without a shadow of a doubt.

Viva multi artist dunny series!! :rock:

Instagram: @wilko1212

Want: http://trampt.com/users/Wilks1212/want

Great Transactions With: turbobert, Nebulon5, redcumgum, Actual Size, baby cheeses, jollybungle (X2), =DuNnYnNuD=, lazarus, FistfulOfBunnies, Nicedream, spoileralert, hellscrape(X2), noeleaser, w33zy16, gmiddleswarth, c.feng, griffndunn (X4), mako, tjpresley, jfactor13, Dab City 2, shrubs, iron paw, daveleeuk, StefanieG (X2), ralmeidavargas, Gremio (X2), smithy24, Merlin (X2), JayPee, Vinyl fan, Kidglasgow (X2), Wire.Wolf, KIDCANNON10, Flinst0wned, ajc (X2), 666ways2love, endo24 (X2), TRJH1991, Ath, snarebum, paul

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:13 am 

Anyone catch in clutter where they asked about a case exclusive and it says there will be "a special gift, not another dunny design but something else entirely"? That's exciting! Maybe a poster? There are definitely some talented people who could make a killer poster on the lineup!!

Also, I absolutely love that the chases are just different colorways of the regular set. I'm not big on variants so feasibly obtaining a full set is an awesome prospect to me!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:55 pm 

Oisterboy wrote:
Anyone catch in clutter where they asked about a case exclusive and it says there will be "a special gift, not another dunny design but something else entirely"? That's exciting! Maybe a poster? There are definitely some talented people who could make a killer poster on the lineup!!

Hmm, well, keep in mind what objects these Dunnys are based on. ;)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:34 pm 

Also would be cool! ^ the artist cards are in fact tarot cards included with the dunnys.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:05 pm 

very stoked for this series.

"total disgrace, alot of artists have been screwed by mindstyle, this is a claim that can be backed up BIGTIME!. In fact we could write a book on it! I don't have a grudge cause my situation has been done n gone, but i know of many other HUNGRY people wanting to produce work who will never see what they so rightly deserve, payment and samples, and whatever mindstyle decides to do with your art...you will have no say or control"

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 3:05 pm 

I definitely need to get a case for this series.

Looks like I'll have to make some space available!

Great Sellers: halfapparition, noeleaser, belfinatorzz111, (nice dream), paulzdeep, 666ways2love, rjxdang, w33zy16, cmk802, QUASIMO, Ath, fast1590, kgyure, mavxb3, DexDexign, MattPower, delicious62

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 3:22 pm 

MusicMan02 wrote:

Well this one will be easy to find by feeling the boxes. :lol: :lol: Provided KR doesn't make the boxes bigger or the dunnys smaller? :shock:

Can't wait to see it!

KR MAKE an ASTROBOY TOY please!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:56 pm 

MusicMan02 wrote:
MUST. HAVE. THIS.

:shock:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:52 pm 

:shock:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:38 pm 

I came here to post that haha. Sounds like some more good info in the recent clutter. Now I'm excited to get mine lol.

She said it's metallic too!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:29 pm 

Each picture of this series I see gets me even more excited. I've always been a fan of tarot card art, so I can't wait to see the whole series roll out.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:24 pm 

thanks for the support all, i'm glad that you are digging what has been revealed so far.

for those who haven't seen the issues discussing the series, here are links where you can get an insight into the behind-the-scenes for Arcane Divination.

JRYU & KOZIK
https://issuu.com/cluttermagazine/docs/clutter_magazine_issue40_als

Camilla d'Errico
https://issuu.com/cluttermagazine/docs/cluttermagazine_issue42-nycc16

The next issue for DCON should feature interviews and reveals from JPK and Godmachine, Jan will feature Tokyo Jesus and then I will finish out the series of interviews in March.

I envisioned this series to have everything a collector would want so expect to see sculpting, metallics, GID, moving parts, accessories, chases and more. I hope that the designs will push the boundaries of what has been done before in a dunny and be memorable for a long time to come. As for those who have seen the High Priestess, I consider Camilla the "Light" of our series, in comparison to the "Dark". For me it goes in order of

Camilla --> JRYU --> JPK --> Tokyo Jesus --> Godmachine

Thus, there should a design or two in the series that should appeal to all fans of dunny or just pop surrealist collectibles in general.

Lastly, I know that images of the 8" Clairvoyant dunny have been circulating but expect a more official announcement and details soon (I hope). It was my goal to follow up the FAD with an evolution in the design and I hope that you all will like what we have come up with. Stay tuned for something cool happening at DCON...:D

Thanks as always for your support and encouragement and if you have questions that I am able to answer, just post here and I'll do my best to answer them.

Thanks again, rock on...
J

My FB Fan Page

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:57 am 

j*ryu wrote:
I envisioned this series to have everything a collector would want so expect to see sculpting, metallics, GID, moving parts, accessories, chases and more. I hope that the designs will push the boundaries of what has been done before in a dunny and be memorable for a long time to come. As for those who have seen the High Priestess, I consider Camilla the "Light" of our series, in comparison to the "Dark". For me it goes in order of

This is a super cool summary of the series.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:17 pm 

loving everything about this series!
i'm on the hype train to tarot town :rock:

amazing work by JRYU as the curator bringing this all together.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 1:14 pm 

bernando2 wrote:
j*ryu wrote:

This is a super cool summary of the series.

I agree! Things are sounding/looking very promising.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:57 pm 

and the 8" is already sold out. wow!

"total disgrace, alot of artists have been screwed by mindstyle, this is a claim that can be backed up BIGTIME!. In fact we could write a book on it! I don't have a grudge cause my situation has been done n gone, but i know of many other HUNGRY people wanting to produce work who will never see what they so rightly deserve, payment and samples, and whatever mindstyle decides to do with your art...you will have no say or control"

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:00 pm 

halfapparition wrote:

Seriously, everywhere?

Damn, I thought I would have more time and might be able to wait for Rotofugi to have a pre-order or something.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:02 pm 

QTPie wrote:
halfapparition wrote:

Seriously, everywhere?

Damn, I thought I would have more time and might be able to wait for Rotofugi to have a pre-order or something.

as in stores cant get anymore from KR. that allotment is gone.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:10 pm 

halfapparition wrote:
QTPie wrote:
halfapparition wrote:

Seriously, everywhere?

as in stores cant get anymore from KR. that allotment is gone.

Phew, you had me real worried there for a minute.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 187 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next