Rocking Horse Dunny - DIA DE LOS MUERTOS

Get your Dunny fix here. Discuss the 3-inch series, post an 8-inch wish lists, or chat about upcoming designs.

Moderator: Kidrobot Guru

interstatep

Re: Rocking Horse Dunny - DIA DE LOS MUERTOS

Post by interstatep » Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:22 pm

Anyone seeing QC issues with sticky paint, particularly around the ribs? I preordered from MPH and when I received mine it was really sticky and had accumulated dirt in the affected areas. I called to see if I could exchange and they were great about it, even allowing me to open several boxes to find the best one but all of them seemed to have the same problem..🤔

Kidrobot Guru

Post by Kidrobot Guru » Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:41 pm

The stick paint will dry if left out of the box for several days. The piece is supposed to look dirty! :shock: Every single one of them out there looks like it has dirt on it, it's the effect the artist was going for.

IgorVentura

Post by IgorVentura » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:28 pm

Each piece has a hand applied dry-rub to enhance the wood veins and overall sculpted features, as well as give the Dunny an aged look. So, it's all intentional! Since they are applied by human hands, no two are alike.
The mane on some of my pieces were a bit sticky as well, but the it was good as new after a day outside the box!
Hope you enjoy the piece, it was kinda hard to get the exact feel I was after, but after a lot of proofs and back-and-forth pictures, I was really pleased with the final result!
instagram
twitter
facebook
redmutuca.com

huck gee wrote:Great stuff!

MidwestAM

Post by MidwestAM » Wed May 16, 2018 5:51 am

Picked up 2 out of 3 .... ain't bad !!!

QTPie

Post by QTPie » Fri May 18, 2018 10:06 am

I finally got around to snagging one of these bad boys from Rotofugi this week. Its a gorgeous piece. Unfortunately, mine had some purple paint transfers from the mohawk and some distinctive scratches, but it looks like I'll be able to exchange them.

Despite this, I'm thrilled to see a new take on the Dunny form.
http://trampt.com/users/QTPie/feed

Great Sellers: halfapparition, noeleaser, belfinatorzz111, (nice dream), paulzdeep, 666ways2love, rjxdang, w33zy16, cmk802, QUASIMO, Ath, fast1590, kgyure, mavxb3, DexDexign, MattPower, delicious62
Great Buyers: Counterbalance
Great Trades: DManTX, MattPower
Muled for: patrick40, ShizRobot, kgyure