Ardabus Rubber MIA?

Get your Dunny fix here. Discuss the 3-inch series, post an 8-inch wish lists, or chat about upcoming designs.

Moderator: Kidrobot Guru

HOVA

Ardabus Rubber MIA?

Post by HOVA » Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:15 pm

Anyone know where this dude has been lately?
Not responding at all to any messages on Facebook.
WTB - 3A WWR+WWRp / Lunartik / Andrew Bell
3,000th Post
Stay away from El Far
Wanna be jerked around? Deal with Kevin0322

Callahan86

Re: Ardabus Rubber MIA?

Post by Callahan86 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:27 am

I tried emailing him to no avail also. It was explained to me by other board members that when he's busy with work he really gets into what he's doing and I guess that means he won't respond until after he's had the artistic breakthrough that he is searching for.

ricksans

Post by ricksans » Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:53 pm

Reading another thread about this, some folks seem to have been waiting a while. This makes me a bit more reluctant to commission anything from anyone I don't personally know. I kind of feel like it might be a better idea to just pick up customs an artist has already have done, vs commissioning pieces. He could be going through some crazy #$^& in his personal life, but if you're reaching out and you aren't getting a response from the person then that's their bad.
"But just because you be having a dragon
It don’t mean that you’ve got the fire."

Callahan86

Post by Callahan86 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:25 pm

Everyone's different; when I have crazy !#$@ in my life I usually like to continuously check my messages and e-mails. But I am probably on the opposite side of certain spectrums than someone like Ardabus Rubber with this being his work.

HeyJB

Post by HeyJB » Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:22 pm

A couple years ago I ordered a print from him. Months and months went by. Eventually he contacted me, apologized for the delay, and sent me the original painting instead of the print.

Kidrobot Guru

Post by Kidrobot Guru » Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:25 pm

I am sure there is a valid reasoning, but for me, communication is indeed the key. But again, i am sure there is a valid reasoning.

HOVA

Post by HOVA » Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:01 pm

No doubt...even just a "hey man" would be OK

Waiting can be torture but the first part of this order he sent me in the fall was stunning so its well worth it
3,000th Post
Stay away from El Far

Scrow

Post by Scrow » Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:30 pm

I as well I'm waiting of 2 dunnys from him already paid for, it has almost been two years. Hopefully he shows up at some point cause I sure do love his work.
GOOD TRANSACTIONS: -realtyguy808- -ianthegamer- -Ak4play- -pico_de_orizaba- -rstone010-
-surfjord- -mooshysushi- -Nicedream- -gokou105- -noname27- -HeyJB - -Eiji- -Rmetz27- -rjl-
-snooker- -DBAS- -mimicatl- -noname27- -Freakinkram88- -Bansheebeat- -Ottawa- -mavxb3-
-CasperNY- -Finnrcw- -theOutlaw- -therealchinaman- -geescube-

LTB http://trampt.com/users/Scrow/want

Mikey Puff

Post by Mikey Puff » Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:29 pm

I'm waiting on 2 omens it's been almost a year now I think. I'll let him be.
http://therook.bigcartel.com/
instagram = @Mikey_Pip

Don_P

Post by Don_P » Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:10 am

He will turn up. He is always busy with his private life in this period.

halfapparition

Post by halfapparition » Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:37 am

he is a solid dude
from SKET
"total disgrace, alot of artists have been screwed by mindstyle, this is a claim that can be backed up BIGTIME!. In fact we could write a book on it! I don't have a grudge cause my situation has been done n gone, but i know of many other HUNGRY people wanting to produce work who will never see what they so rightly deserve, payment and samples, and whatever mindstyle decides to do with your art...you will have no say or control"

SubjectNameHere

Post by SubjectNameHere » Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:36 am

I'm so glad I saw this thread. I paid for an item last summer he said he's ship after DCON, and I haven't heard anything since. I've been ripped off by a handful of artists before, but I have no doubt Ardabus is just busy. I was getting a little concerned by the lack of responses but this thread makes me feel much better.
Have / Want Lists @ Trampt

trampt

Post by trampt » Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:32 pm

I know personally that Ardabus just got married last week, so there was probably a lot going on in his personal life preparing for that. He's a solid dude.
Manage your toy & print collection on Trampt
My Collection: What I Have // What I Want // What I'm Dealing

Good Transactions: Shauni55, jacranky, voidx (x2), YummyOreos (x2), core4pro, arevalo, Arne Saknussen, xshezx, Xeneize666, deadlemming, jBar

Scrow

Post by Scrow » Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:13 pm

trampt wrote:I know personally that Ardabus just got married last week, so there was probably a lot going on in his personal life preparing for that. He's a solid dude.

I like the guy a lot I really do but don't you think a solid person would respond to people? With hundreds of our dollars at least some communication would be nice. Most of us I'm sure are pretty reasonable people and would understand if things take longer but no contact makes us feel like we will never get the item. We can't do anything cause to much time has passed and the money is long gone.

On a side note I talked to him awhile back and he said it was hard for him to talk to people because he doesn't know where to start and or gets overwhelmed, maybe somebody can help him out?
GOOD TRANSACTIONS: -realtyguy808- -ianthegamer- -Ak4play- -pico_de_orizaba- -rstone010-
-surfjord- -mooshysushi- -Nicedream- -gokou105- -noname27- -HeyJB - -Eiji- -Rmetz27- -rjl-
-snooker- -DBAS- -mimicatl- -noname27- -Freakinkram88- -Bansheebeat- -Ottawa- -mavxb3-

trampt

Post by trampt » Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:45 pm

I said he's a solid dude because I assume he will make it right. Hope I'm right.

Scrow wrote:On a side note I talked to him awhile back and he said it was hard for him to talk to people because he doesn't know where to start and or gets overwhelmed, maybe somebody can help him out?

I know many artists who say this, and those artists should have someone else to help them; however, most of them do this as a hobby and can't really pay someone to manage their work/communications for them. This actually happens a lot with Galleries and Artists as well ... Gallery doesn't pay ... artist doesn't call or bug because it's awkward or they don't want to offend them.

Obviously people have to suck it up and just communicate better. I have two customs out right now, but I'm very good friends with them and know where they live. If I feel like it's been to long I can go knock on their door and watch them do the work. :)
Manage your toy & print collection on Trampt
My Collection: What I Have // What I Want // What I'm Dealing

Good Transactions: Shauni55, jacranky, voidx (x2), YummyOreos (x2), core4pro, arevalo, Arne Saknussen, xshezx, Xeneize666, deadlemming, jBar

FriedCoconut

Post by FriedCoconut » Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:44 am

Still MIA?

HOVA

Post by HOVA » Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:13 pm

Uh absolutely...
3,000th Post
Stay away from El Far

whitefalconTLE

Post by whitefalconTLE » Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:19 pm

HOVA wrote:Uh absolutely...
It's a shame :/ I've had more bad experiences then good when it comes to commissions it seems, at least when it comes to communication. I have a very small list that I'm down to of artists I'll still get stuff from. Still waiting on something from a popular artist that I paid 600 for and the artist continues to ignore me.

Hope Ardabus can be found and make good on things, and hopefully he's ok of course too.
GREAT TRANSACTIONS with board members: frostymug, Kluc, physchopainter, bigbad99, i12punk, Turcicus, tekman8, datoyattic, johnnybagadonuts, garbagedick, JayJayFool, j0nwalsh, ardabusrubber, Ash_Kbear, Rmetz27, Dominick1080, Lfarnc, deathtollzero, realtyguy808, soljah52, johnrussellf, sinbad77, Arcady, Blessed88 (sorry if I missed anyone, they've almost all have been great though!)

If you have any Nikejerk Customs for sale or trade please let me know, Thank you

MY COLLECTION:
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=175743&p=2318299&hilit=Ty%27s+customs+chomping+at+the+bit#p2318299

peppsee

Post by peppsee » Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:16 pm

wow... you guys are incredibly patient. IMO anyone who takes your money for a "commission" and then ignores you or worse never responds or delivers is just a common crook. I don't care how artistic they are or what their talents are, you take someone's money without delivering goods or services you're a scumbag. I have many customs I've bought at shows (I like that because it supports the artist and the gallery) but if we had a list of deadbeat artists I would boycott them. this just pisses me off.

Scrow

Post by Scrow » Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:45 am

Well what can we do about it? I don't want to be mad I'm just upset with nothing to do.

HOVA

Post by HOVA » Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:02 am

and the time has more than passed to ever file a claim or anything....

just sucks
3,000th Post
Stay away from El Far

666ways2love

Post by 666ways2love » Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:51 pm

i sent him a text 2-3 weeks ago since I know him personally. no response :( I might be better off just driving over to his house in a non-stalker way
My wish list - the one and only thing:
Noferin Pecan Pal: Colored version Fanelli
sales thread http://forums.kidrobot.com/viewtopic.ph ... 0#p2065190
100+ Buying, selling, muling transactions over the years. Plenty of references.

Kidrobot Guru

Post by Kidrobot Guru » Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:36 pm

Hope all is okay.

Callahan86

Post by Callahan86 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:08 pm

Fyi, I had to get refunded through PayPal customer service on the 180th day. Because I paid him as a gift, they said they wouldn't normally do that, but apparently some other fishy behavior or complaints were made in association with his website.

Scrow

Post by Scrow » Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:06 am

Callahan86 wrote:Fyi, I had to get refunded through PayPal customer service on the 180th day. Because I paid him as a gift, they said they wouldn't normally do that, but apparently some other fishy behavior or complaints were made in association with his website.

Lucky for you, it has been much longer for me :cry: