forum home kr home

Kidrobot Discussion Boards

Welcome to the best place on the web to talk about urban vinyl toys, plush, mini-figures, toy-art, toy artists, collecting, customs, & more!

It is currently Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 425 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:40 pm 

DID YOU MISS OUT ON THE SERIES? WELL, YOU'RE IN LUCK! IF YOU PICK UP A PRINT YOU'LL BE AUTOMATICALLY ENTERED TO WIN A FREE BLIND BOX OR SEVERAL OTHER PRIZES! CHECK THE LINK BELOW. . .

**PRINTS ARE STILL UP FOR GRABS! CHECK OUR FB PAGE FOR MORE INFO**
http://tinyurl.com/allCATSprint

. . . . . . . . . . . . . .Image

"all CATS" (as in all caps, get it?!? lol), a custom Dunny series to benefit a kitty that was recently rescued by my friend (and amazing artist) Tim, and his lovely girlfriend. This will be a very limited series featuring some great artists from this very board ;) Each dunny will come fully blindboxed and guaranteed to please! So, if you can, dig down a little deep when the time comes and you will be rewarded with an awesome custom in return. And keep in mind that every cent will go towards helping this unfortunate little feline. Which brings me to giving a huge thanks to all the artists who are contributing their time and effort on this :partyman: Now, here's a bit more background to the story, and a few details on the series:

"A couple of weeks ago, my girlfriend and I heard what sounded like a cat in severe pain coming from the back of our house. It turned out to be a young cat that had previously visited us on more than one occasion. The very next day I took her to the vet where they found that a portion of here back had been smashed in (most likely by a car). The only hope she had for survival was an emergency (and pricey) operation. Right away we attempted to find the owner to no avail. So needless to say, we were caught between a rock and a hard place. It was either give the go ahead on the surgery and promise to pay the bill in full, or pay to have her put down. We decided to help give her a second chance, and with your help, we'll be able to pay back the vet and continue to do whatever we can to get her back on her feet."

-Tim Munz

As of now, there is no set date for the sale, but they will be sold as preorders while they are being produced by the artists. Each artist is contributing one custom cat themed Dunny to the series so by all means, this will be an extremely limited run. Each blind will be sold for $80 USD shipped anywhere in the world (they are shipping from Germany). So, if you really look at it, not only are you doing a fantabulously awesome thing, but you're also getting an amazing custom with a great story to go along with it! 8)

Every couple of days I will be announcing a new name to the line up, so let's kick things off with the very first name. . .

1. Map-Map
2. Betso
3. runDMB
4. Igor Ventura
5. Tim Munz [5 Dunnys]
6. Grimsheep
7. Luihz Unreal
*That's 11 Blind Boxes in total! 10 will be sold, and one will be raffled off*

Alright guys, keep checking this page for more info as it will be moving fairly quickly. And also, we will be accepting donations ;) But wait, there's more!

**The prints we've made for the series are still available over at the MW shop, so grab one now for your shot at winning a nice little prize **

In the meanwhile, here's a pic of the lucky cat (well, lucky in the sense that she's been saved from certain death) who just happened to wonder into the right persons backyard :D And a few I just added [12.15], including a first look at one of the custom Dunnys by Betso 8)

Maggy while she was recovering

Where she spent her first few days mostly laying around feeling groggy from the meds

Her new house beneath Tim's desk :D

Her favorite hiding space underneath the bed

The beast of a machine that will soon be printing the postcard sized wood prints designed by PAUSE! :rock:

I think you know who this little guy is by ;)

Here's the laser engraved wood printing plate for the postcard sized prints designed by PAUSE and produced by Tim Munz! :rock:

Bonsai Kitten by Igor Ventura

The Chesire CAT by Tim Munz! Notice the interchangeable. . .

Rusy & Friends by Tim Munz! Gotta love that weathered look!

Never has a cat looked so fresh and so clean ;) [RunDMB's piece for the series]

Al Catpone by Tim Munz!

Thanks for checking this out and for all the mad support! You guys are awesome!

The Most Wanted Artist Collective Blog!

MY TRANSACTIONS LIST IS ON PG 138

Last edited by mANNEe on Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:51 pm, edited 59 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:13 pm 

Great cause! Good luck with this!

MY STORE!!!!! << click there to peruse and purchase.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:16 pm 

Just after that first name i'm drooling!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:18 pm 

Thanks guys! I'm sure the other names will be something to drool over as well ;)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:21 pm 

awesome little charity here :partyman:

tim's a good dude in my book after this :rock:

My Blog!

Flickr

Add Me On Facebook

Twitter, follow and i'll return the favor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:30 pm 

Sign me up for 2.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:33 pm 

Moonshot wrote:
Sign me up for 2.

:partyman:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:42 pm 

oh you guys! This is so unbelievably awesome. i am a huge animal lover! please sign me up for 1 blind box :heart:

2 questions: what is this kitty's name? and what address are you accepting donations at?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:49 pm 

pandabandit12 wrote:
oh you guys! This is so unbelievably awesome. i am a huge animal lover! please sign me up for 1 blind box :heart:

2 questions: what is this kitty's name? and what address are you accepting donations at?

Yay, Rhianon! ! ! :partyman:

That's a great question! I don't even know if she has a name :lol: I'll ask Tim though!
Tim just hit me up about the donations and he wants them to go to his gf's PayPal since he's having some security issues with his. I'll get the address today.

Last edited by mANNEe on Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:06 pm 

Awesome! I'm gonna need to reread this when I get home!

Take a look at some of my customs i've done!!http://forums.kidrobot.com/viewtopic.php?t=117819

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:09 pm 

paypal the donations to tim? And hopefully lI can buy a blindbox as well

GREAT TRANSACTIONS with board members: frostymug, Kluc, physchopainter, bigbad99, i12punk, Turcicus, tekman8, datoyattic, johnnybagadonuts, garbagedick, JayJayFool, j0nwalsh, ardabusrubber, Ash_Kbear, Rmetz27, Dominick1080, Lfarnc, deathtollzero, realtyguy808, soljah52, johnrussellf, sinbad77, Arcady, Blessed88 (sorry if I missed anyone, they've almost all have been great though!)

If you have any Nikejerk Customs for sale or trade please let me know, Thank you

MY COLLECTION:
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=175743&p=2318299&hilit=Ty%27s+customs+chomping+at+the+bit#p2318299

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:11 pm 

Oh, nevermind, just saw the donations thing. I'll send a little cash over right away.

GREAT TRANSACTIONS with board members: frostymug, Kluc, physchopainter, bigbad99, i12punk, Turcicus, tekman8, datoyattic, johnnybagadonuts, garbagedick, JayJayFool, j0nwalsh, ardabusrubber, Ash_Kbear, Rmetz27, Dominick1080, Lfarnc, deathtollzero, realtyguy808, soljah52, johnrussellf, sinbad77, Arcady, Blessed88 (sorry if I missed anyone, they've almost all have been great though!)

If you have any Nikejerk Customs for sale or trade please let me know, Thank you

MY COLLECTION:
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=175743&p=2318299&hilit=Ty%27s+customs+chomping+at+the+bit#p2318299

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:33 pm 

Moonshot wrote:
Sign me up for 2.

Me 2 :partyman:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:44 pm 

:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:10 pm 

This is very sweet. Sadly I just recently lost my cat, Dinah, who was a stray I had taken in 3 years ago. Poor sweetie had feline leukemia.

It makes me so angry that people can put domestic animals/ pets out on the street to fend for themself, but luckily there are good-hearted people that try to help out and take them in. I will definitely be sending over a donation.

Great People I've Bought From: zonrboy, tsoli727, pandabandit12, tobor2099, tron (x2), suprastang, jmf337, redcumgum, bk_bk, Kratos87, busizem718, ClarkR (x2), 666doll, j0nwalsh, mANNEe, JUAN2.0 (3Acollector), QeeJeezy, whitey (x3), luckyscrm (x2), quentdiggy, NSTNATE, SandDevil531st (x2), gregm, Salstadt, dtrain, wwwetworks, Ash_KBear
People Who Have Muled For Me: rusty, 666ways2love
Good Trades With: zombiemonkie, Mokushiki, gregm
Great People I've Sold To: Devours, sk8collector, AbsolutKaz, Salstadt (x2), The Drizzle (x2), DrftDrgn21, Salamander (x2), statusquo, junee_supreme, quijanoth, drommerboy2, cer0z, Bubo, FericFanatic, Louhemp007 (x2), Hawking-Hole, gregm, izzy, tobor2099, cea, KingSteven, Nicedream, copacetic81, Masago15

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:18 pm 

purple_alice wrote:
This is very sweet. Sadly I just recently lost my cat, Dinah, who was a stray I had taken in 3 years ago. Poor sweetie had feline leukemia.

It makes me so angry that people can put domestic animals/ pets out on the street to fend for themself, but luckily there are good-hearted people that try to help out and take them in. I will definitely be sending over a donation.

Oh wow, I'm so sorry :goodman: I know how hard it is to lose a pet. And I'm right there with ya, it guts me every time I see a stray cat or dog running around on the street. Especially when they have collars around their necks and you can't run out to get them :?

And thank you in advance for the donation, we really appreciate it :partyman:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:32 pm 

Sign me up for one

hope the kitty gets better soon. :(

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:29 am 

Out me down for one

My Suited Collection (Come take a look and let me know what you think)
http://forums.kidrobot.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=229087

My Vinyl Photography http://doriansportrait.tumblr.com/

Pending Customs From: Atomic Plastic, Stu witter, jfury, fdot

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:23 am 

I'm in, helping a kitty like that... how wonderful. =)

Good dealing with: mrfang, DROunltd, killerxpanda, mzkayDi, Enderz, FrogWizard, Amentia, LUCKY13, untilshewokeme, cm, markie darkie, Miznotic Garden, thndrstrk, g-bo, akn220, Ultra999, spaghettee, KillstreetStudios, lui, just1nj, tallaballa, jmf337, chronic, SecurityGeek, SEAKAT1, coffeekid, tr3e, Squidnik, Lap1-, pandabandit12, AJB603, thndrstrk, nypedestrian, AhhCheew, stolleboy, superham

My collection: http://forums.kidrobot.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=173684

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:49 am 

Important update!

-We had to scratch the idea of giving away a blind box since the final list of artists will only be a handful and we need most of the cash going towards Miss Kitty ;) I'm really sorry for those who may have already donated. Hit me up if you would like a refund, I'd completely understand :goodman: Tim will however be making a little something for each person that donates, as a small way of giving thanks.

-Any donations will now be going to his girlfriends account since he's experiencing some security issues with his PayPal account. I'll get that info posted later on today :)

-We think it's only fair that this kitty gets a proper name, so if you have any suggestions, post em and we'll pick one at random! :partyman:

-And finally, we just revealed the 2nd artist in the series! Now just a few more left ;)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:27 pm 

Did the money make it to Tim safely if we already sent the donation??

MY COLLECTION:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:58 pm 

mANNEe wrote:
-We think it's only fair that this kitty gets a proper name, so if you have any suggestions, post em and we'll pick one at random! :partyman:

my first two suggestions are olive or abernathy :]

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:10 pm 

Cats new name:

Sincere

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:32 pm 

mANNEe wrote:
Important update!

-We had to scratch the idea of giving away a blind box since the final list of artists will only be a handful and we need most of the cash going towards Miss Kitty ;) I'm really sorry for those who may have already donated. Hit me up if you would like a refund, I'd completely understand :goodman: Tim will however be making a little something for each person that donates, as a small way of giving thanks.

-Any donations will now be going to his girlfriends account since he's experiencing some security issues with his PayPal account. I'll get that info posted later on today :)

-And finally, we just revealed the 2nd artist in the series! Now just a few more left ;)

Im total overwhelmed about this!

sorry that I reply that late. had to do all day building the kitten a new cage.
the doc said she shouldnt jump arround all day.
now shes living under my desktop. :D
will take some pics tomorrow if we are done.

the reason why manny did this post is my bad english and I realy need long time to post a simple short text like this.
most of you know the rest will know now. so dont laugh at me about that! ^^

the kitten is well and the operation seems to be a great success!

for the free blind:
there will be one. will do my best to manage that even if I need to do 3 custom cats my own. no problem. :)

heres the list of the boardies who said they want definetly a blind (or two, but sorry-just 1 possible):
moonshot
pandabandit12
whitefalconTLE
Cheapet
NSTNATE
DoriansPortrait
mattius

thats kinda preorder list of 7 people. those will get informed 3 days in front dropdate to choose if they realy want to buy them or not. if not they will be up for grabs as well.
in the end we may end up with 10 blinds (will keep you updated on this soon)
-1 free blind for the guys who donated

so there will be at least 2 up for grabs when time has come.

all donations are save. but Im worried cause paypal wants a copy of my ID-card. dunno whats that about. just to be sure we take my GFs paypal.
its johanna-diesel @ web [dot] de (without the blanks and a . for sure)

purple_alice wrote:

Im realy sorry about that! :(
if you not mind I will suppose dinah as name for our kitten.

but will take all the other suggestions as well. my GF need to choose for that =)

BIG THANK YOU TO ALL OF YOU!
:rock:

pics of the little kitten will follow tomorrow.
the pic manny posted was at the docs.

Last edited by timselF on Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:33 pm 

Nas will be upset about that!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 425 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next