Dunnys are Dead

Get your Dunny fix here. Discuss the 3-inch series, post an 8-inch wish lists, or chat about upcoming designs.

Moderator: Kidrobot Guru

Kidrobot Guru

Re: Dunnys are Dead

Post by Kidrobot Guru » Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:55 pm

Zhurrie wrote:I socked a 1-year old in the gut and they just handcuffed me and pushed me to the ground... you should have specified what constitutes an infant. Just so everyone's clear 1 is too old for the free Dunny promotion.

Like whoa... :? :)

Zhurrie

Post by Zhurrie » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:04 pm

Times are tough, you gotta do what you gotta do for a free 5" Dunny at the toy store ;)
I'm a geek, an artist, and I like cheese. Image

WTB:
2009 Supakitch/Koralie Dunny
Dok A Rupture

Some of my art: http://twistedmedium.deviantart.com

fail2evolve

Post by fail2evolve » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:12 pm

maybe you'll get lucky like i did and you'll find some triplets...their guardian can't possibly be looking at all three the whole time.
People I'm comfortable dealing with: Hypnotiq, Fuller, Eyeforaneye, DrftDrgn21, Chrisosaur, Irulan, Zombiemonkie, Pomasta, dunzo, esro, nerviswr3k, AlbertOne, blackandblueNH, CasWunn, Janeeliz22 (if i forgot you, pm me)
I would never deal with Art Asylum Boston or Jason Zenga. This is why.

How to Prep your Dunny (by Mezzn and Fail2Evolve) http://vimeo.com/24965810

Post by ... » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:17 am

fail2evolve wrote:maybe you'll get lucky like i did and you'll find some triplets...their guardian can't possibly be looking at all three the whole time.

:tonqe:

Thatsmrlazy

Post by Thatsmrlazy » Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:37 am

akn220 wrote:
fail2evolve wrote:maybe you'll get lucky like i did and you'll find some triplets...their guardian can't possibly be looking at all three the whole time.

C-C-C-C-COMBO!

emmanouil77

Post by emmanouil77 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:34 pm

Arne Saknussen wrote:Dunnys are not dead. True, the secondary market has fallen a bit. But it has fallen to a "normal" level. The secondary market went through the roof, into the stratosphere, beyond Jupiter, etc., etc., etc.......and then the ECONOMY happened.

However;

The first group that were into them, for the most part, moved on.
The second group came and went as well.
Then, God knows how many groups and sub-groups, the curious, the know-it-alls, the ding dang, what the heck is this.......

But, with all the crossovers and "noobs", I do believe that Dunnys will still be around for awhile.

Well said!
Tom Thrasher actiontoys.de BE AWARE SCAM
Looking for DALEK!!!!!
Great Transactions:
joealmighty,dsristau,SecurityGeek

Post by ... » Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:46 pm

dudes two of my Dunnys came to life today so I have to now disagree with this thread. i think i'm going to try and breed them.

emmanouil77

Post by emmanouil77 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:01 pm

nicklee13 wrote:Come on, all this talk about value of toys is taking the fun out the hobby. Just enjoy great toys for what they are.

well said!

if the dunnys get very cheap in the secondary market thats good for those who love dunnys, so we can complete the sets!

i think people who look to make profit out of collecting toys will hurt them.
but will benefit those who really love them.
Tom Thrasher actiontoys.de BE AWARE SCAM
Looking for DALEK!!!!!
Great Transactions:
joealmighty,dsristau,SecurityGeek

vinylhammer

Post by vinylhammer » Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:13 am

emmanouil77 wrote:
nicklee13 wrote:Come on, all this talk about value of toys is taking the fun out the hobby. Just enjoy great toys for what they are.

well said!

if the dunnys get very cheap in the secondary market thats good for those who love dunnys, so we can complete the sets!

i think people who look to make profit out of collecting toys will hurt them.
but will benefit those who really love them.

Yeah, good luck with that

vinylhammer

Post by vinylhammer » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:13 am

...face wrote:Dunny never dye

Tite :rock:

Hey ...face, how tight are you?

Lump of coal up the doo-dah, make a diamond kinda tight?

Kidrobot Guru

Post by Kidrobot Guru » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:12 pm

What the heck are you cats talking about... Take the randomness to the kitchen sink please... Thanks.

Xeneize666

Post by Xeneize666 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:38 pm

Kidrobot Guru wrote:What the heck are you cats talking about... Take the randomness to the kitchen sink please... Thanks.

Guru is tite :rock:
GreatTransactions:AKAMAN,fletchthis,nick210214,Robinx69,lessthanthree,James342,jeanclaude,HotelVolzet,
kidstartexas,ROCSone,Dinosauria,CandyCollective,Top206,johnnymu,eoin3,linh(x2),PlasticMe(x2), busizem718(x4)Shaunmadeus,Danimalx,mattyp,dsristau,purplevg,jose2187,funnymunny,Gallery101,Nimsu,unstructure, theboywil,BMi1d,KAWSing,grant2604,Happysusan2001,JinEx,Nicocato,BrokenCircle,william,YnoD,
DunnyWhoDunnyWhat,dodgrr,Hollywood,muschelschubser,SerpentTongue,Hypoh,HighOnVinyl,saucemoola,SMPT,
reganomics813,AVATAR666,flabby,tirdman83,DeadEyesOpen,willnyc555

My Collection - >>
viewtopic.php?p=1561226#1561226

vinylhammer

Post by vinylhammer » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:57 am

...face wrote:
vinylhammer wrote:Hey ...face, how tight are you?

Lump of coal up the doo-dah, make a diamond kinda tight?

Duda, ask my english techer about this and she said you a cockney gezer :-s

Haha, nice shot ...face. They're not cockneys, they have'nt got ricketts :lol:

It's funny, i know those three fella's and they think Dunny's are dead as well. How's that Guru ;)

WendyKnowlton

Post by WendyKnowlton » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:12 pm

LMAO!

djfohm

Post by djfohm » Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:55 am

Thatsmrlazy wrote:
akn220 wrote:

C-C-C-C-COMBO!

BREAKER!

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl= ... G4NuLw6dMD
MY Collection For KEEPS!: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=159952
N_roboy12 wrote: How many toys do you even have dude?!?! :lol:

mdcn

Post by mdcn » Thu May 06, 2010 10:27 am

Last edited by mdcn on Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Great sellers/traders: Awesome cash deals with jmf337 and minor D. Awesome trades with lulu.

Xeneize666

Post by Xeneize666 » Thu May 06, 2010 10:59 am

^ Fail comment
GreatTransactions:AKAMAN,fletchthis,nick210214,Robinx69,lessthanthree,James342,jeanclaude,HotelVolzet,
kidstartexas,ROCSone,Dinosauria,CandyCollective,Top206,johnnymu,eoin3,linh(x2),PlasticMe(x2), busizem718(x4)Shaunmadeus,Danimalx,mattyp,dsristau,purplevg,jose2187,funnymunny,Gallery101,Nimsu,unstructure, theboywil,BMi1d,KAWSing,grant2604,Happysusan2001,JinEx,Nicocato,BrokenCircle,william,YnoD,
DunnyWhoDunnyWhat,dodgrr,Hollywood,muschelschubser,SerpentTongue,Hypoh,HighOnVinyl,saucemoola,SMPT,
reganomics813,AVATAR666,flabby,tirdman83,DeadEyesOpen,willnyc555

My Collection - >>
viewtopic.php?p=1561226#1561226

nicklee13

Post by nicklee13 » Thu May 06, 2010 12:31 pm

I just think it's funny how people look for validation from others before buying 8" Dunnys nowadays. :)

Zero Mistro

Post by Zero Mistro » Thu May 06, 2010 12:36 pm

nicklee13 wrote:I just think it's funny how people look for validation from others before buying 8" Dunnys nowadays. :)

HAHAH yeah! its like " Do you dare me to buy on? ok!" hahaha
good trade with carcrashheather, silviajdm,blackandblueNH, luckyscrm

Gunnzo.com Get your vinyl here

moss420

Post by moss420 » Thu May 06, 2010 12:41 pm

I think the cobbler dunny is too cute and kiddish.. I do not plan on buying it
LTB or trade: Anything Huck Gee especially customs and prints, supakitch, fatale-baroness, animal ride from pure trance Junko Mizuno
Good traders/Good sellers: Diakka dabuddha, bernieasf, apeboy, chrisosaur, dunkmax, UNCLE, JORDAN23, ace_of_trumps, luckyscrm, nstate, many more just ask! ROBBED BY: fail2evolve sorry but you did!
Always looking to buy sick customs
I have plenty of dunny's from most series for sale as well. Just ask me!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/moss420/
"It's like you're the Dopeman. You can smoke a pound in a single bound"-bubbles TPB
my colectionhttp://forums.kidrobot.com/viewtopic.ph ... 2#p2149512
"rhinos are the new monkeys!" ~HUCK GEE

nicklee13

Post by nicklee13 » Thu May 06, 2010 12:44 pm

moss420 wrote:I think the cobbler dunny is too cute and kiddish.. I do not plan on buying it

Need I remind you 90% of our hobby is cute and kiddish.... :D

mANNEe

Post by mANNEe » Thu May 06, 2010 12:58 pm

nicklee13 wrote:I just think it's funny how people look for validation from others before buying 8" Dunnys nowadays. :)

I haven't purchased an 8" dunny in about a year +, so I don't really know what peoples thoughts are behind these posts. I'm guessing that's it's not really about trying to see who's buying what, but more like trying to get a message across to whoever is listening the reasons why we're not buying them. Hopefully so they get the message their price gouging is out of control. But like I said, I'm just speaking for myself. Going from a die hard fan to practically caring less about their releases in less than a few months time should set off an alarm or two with whoevers in charge of pricing.

fail2evolve

Post by fail2evolve » Thu May 06, 2010 1:02 pm

mANNEe wrote:

I haven't purchased an 8" dunny in about a year +, so I don't really know what peoples thoughts are behind these posts. I'm guessing that's it's not really about trying to see who's buying what, but more like trying to get a message across to whoever is listening the reasons why we're not buying them. Hopefully so they get the message their price gouging is out of control. But like I said, I'm just speaking for myself. Going from a die hard fan to practically caring less about their releases in less than a few months time should set off an alarm or two with whoevers in charge of pricing.

you would think that they would realize something's up whan the aftermarket on the earlier dunnys started going well over a hundred but all the new production pieces still sold for less than retail two weeks after dropping.

i'd definitely agree though, there hasn't been an 8" release since i started collecting that seemed remotely worth the $ to me.
People I'm comfortable dealing with: Hypnotiq, Fuller, Eyeforaneye, DrftDrgn21, Chrisosaur, Irulan, Zombiemonkie, Pomasta, dunzo, esro, nerviswr3k, AlbertOne, blackandblueNH, CasWunn, Janeeliz22 (if i forgot you, pm me)
I would never deal with Art Asylum Boston or Jason Zenga. This is why.

How to Prep your Dunny (by Mezzn and Fail2Evolve) http://vimeo.com/24965810

mdcn

Post by mdcn » Thu May 06, 2010 11:30 pm

mANNEe wrote:

mANNe gets it, too bad the rest don't.
Great sellers/traders: Awesome cash deals with jmf337 and minor D. Awesome trades with lulu.

vinylhammer

Post by vinylhammer » Fri May 07, 2010 4:15 am

mdcn wrote:
mANNEe wrote:

mANNe gets it, too bad the rest don't.

When you say the rest, whom exactly are you talking about? I think many on this thread have been singing from the same hymn sheet concerning the state of KR and Dunny's. Unfortunately, KR don't seem to want to listen. Fair enough, but many are stopping their Dunny buying, me included(and watching the Dunny stock build up in our local toy shops).

I know you started this thread, which i for one was glad you did. There have been lots of interesting post's. So i was wondering wether you meant KR or the other posters on this thread?