Dunnys are Dead

Get your Dunny fix here. Discuss the 3-inch series, post an 8-inch wish lists, or chat about upcoming designs.

Moderator: Kidrobot Guru

lowkey

Re: Dunnys are Dead

Post by lowkey » Sun May 09, 2010 1:49 pm

quentdiggy wrote:
akn220 wrote:
lowkey wrote:your right akn and i just hugged :D

Yep! :goodman:

Wow is that gay...and now I know why lowkey doesn't type much ever. His shift buttons are broken off evidently. Sounds like a pretty lowkey dude.....wait...that's his name!

ANYWAYS, my toy life has gone like this: A few years ago, Bought 7 Trexis one day because I was interested at my local mall. Remembered seeing Dunny ad in Juxtapoz, searched for local stores, found one, bought case of French at trading party and traded for a bunch of older ones that night (got the Kozik Clockwork, Jessup Closed-eye Cat, MAD citizen, and two commons for my 123Klan). Saw Derbot 8" for $50, got it, got a bunch more 8ers and stopped buying cases. Plucked my faves off of the bay. Then KR price hike on 8"ers, crashed sites, low releases on my faves (Ron ENglish and Saner) making it impossible to get the day of release and I begin to explore my options....find Dok A, 3A, Coarse, Pushead, Mist, Kozik Busts, etc....and I found better ways to spend $75 and get a hell of a lot more for it. That's where I am at now. We should have boycotted at $50 when we had the chance... :doubt: I really used to love this company too, and I keep hoping but.... :cry:

hmmm :roll: if you dont like kidrobot why are you in a dunny thread, or the kidrobot forums? i really dont understand this? i'm so sick of all the crying? but its youre right to hate kidrobot or me for that matter. i could care less. :lol: i'm done with this thread. "dunnys are dead! give me a break.

found from the ground & bound to it

mdcn

Post by mdcn » Sun May 09, 2010 1:50 pm

nicklee13 wrote: Isn't it about time we put this thread to bed? For people to have this many comments about the subject clearly demonstrates Dunnys are NOT dead.

Or it could just prove that people like to hear themselves talk.
Great sellers/traders: Awesome cash deals with jmf337 and minor D. Awesome trades with lulu.

mdcn

Post by mdcn » Sun May 09, 2010 1:56 pm

Somebody has to monitor this lowkey kid. He just sent me another PM, more badmouthing and then he tries to tell me he's 32 and owns his own business. He's probably part Cherokee, knows Kim Kardashian and invented Post-Its as well. I just had to put it out there and laugh at this kid.
Great sellers/traders: Awesome cash deals with jmf337 and minor D. Awesome trades with lulu.

mdcn

Post by mdcn » Sun May 09, 2010 2:03 pm

As for me, I'm done with this post as well. I hope KR has listened and makes adjustments to their business model for the Dunny and they continue on for a long time but if it's "hear no evil" then the Dunny is indeed dead.

lowkey

Post by lowkey » Sun May 09, 2010 2:14 pm

mdcn wrote:As for me, I'm done with this post as well. I hope KR has listened and makes adjustments to their business model for the Dunny and they continue on for a long time but if it's "hear no evil" then the Dunny is indeed dead.

+1

we agree :lol:
found from the ground & bound to it

Kidrobot Guru

Post by Kidrobot Guru » Mon May 10, 2010 3:53 am

Believe me that they indeed hear all of your comments and complaints, praises, etc... I do make sure they know what you folks think.

fail2evolve

Post by fail2evolve » Mon May 10, 2010 7:17 am

mdcn wrote:
nicklee13 wrote: Isn't it about time we put this thread to bed? For people to have this many comments about the subject clearly demonstrates Dunnys are NOT dead.

Or it could just prove that people like to hear themselves talk.

did you post three times in a row to be ironic?
People I'm comfortable dealing with: Hypnotiq, Fuller, Eyeforaneye, DrftDrgn21, Chrisosaur, Irulan, Zombiemonkie, Pomasta, dunzo, esro, nerviswr3k, AlbertOne, blackandblueNH, CasWunn, Janeeliz22 (if i forgot you, pm me)
I would never deal with Art Asylum Boston or Jason Zenga. This is why.

How to Prep your Dunny (by Mezzn and Fail2Evolve) http://vimeo.com/24965810

Thatsmrlazy

Post by Thatsmrlazy » Mon May 10, 2010 8:05 am

Kidrobot Guru wrote:Believe me that they indeed hear all of your comments and complaints, praises, etc... I do make sure they know what you folks think.

Just say hi from me.

vinylhammer

Post by vinylhammer » Mon May 10, 2010 9:04 am

Kidrobot Guru wrote:Believe me that they indeed hear all of your comments and complaints, praises, etc... I do make sure they know what you folks think.

Guru, when you relay this info back to KR HQ. As your telling them, do they stick their fingers in their ears and go la la la la la la la :lol: .

No offense mate, but it don't seem to be doing much good. I think most on here are puzzled more than anything about all the decisions that KR have made in the recent past.
As i've said before, my wife and i have a medium sized Dunny collection, which we feel has been stopped because we can't afford to buy a 8" for £65 every month. Plus with up to four 3" series a year and the price hike on these, makes it un-workable.
This is before we go into the general lack of imagination on designs and the artists that are used. As someone has said, it's always mostly the same old artists, as this will garentee interest right from the off. As followers of said artist will usually grab whatever the artist puts out.

I know it's going over the same old ground, but we are'nt getting answers, just silence. No one with any say in this, has ever explained the reasons for the price increase. We all know Dunny's are sitting around longer in toy stores. When will KR listen, when the toy stores stop ordering so many?, or any at all.

Again, Guru, no offence to you, you do a splendid job. Just peeved that, a once very cool feeling company, has turned into a bit of a rip off.

Nikejerk

Post by Nikejerk » Mon May 10, 2010 10:25 am

I think a major problem is that any changes made now won't be seen for 2 years. I think it must be hard to predict how things will go when it takes so long for projects to become a reality. Must have a great deal of forethought to plan for the interests and trends of the future.
I am a 3A Legionnaire
ISO of: #1-1St Painted RealxNibbler - SDCC 2011, 2-Onell Chaos Invasion, 3 - Spectre Mini Pheyaos
My Flickr
Transactions

Commissions list is open. If we've talked I have you on the list already.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLyEGdaOhhY<---Time Lapse Video of the making of the Mega Munny Hammer Bros.
http://vimeo.com/21803727 <----New Video "How to Strip a Dunny"

N3rd Link Check out the new Blog and Podcast!

Kidrobot Guru

Post by Kidrobot Guru » Mon May 10, 2010 5:18 pm

Hahah... No, thats not how it goes... I am your messenger.. And i definitely do let em know how you folks feel and your comments and thoughts... as well as my own. Alas, there is only so much i can do.

I agree with a lot of what you folks are saying as well... My suggestion is to keep on voicing your personal opinions, comments, suggestions... Strength in numbers. Things might not happen as swiftly as you would like, or exactly how you like... But they do listen to your suggestions...

Sit tight folks... And thanks for your continued patience.

Zhurrie

Post by Zhurrie » Mon May 10, 2010 5:37 pm

This is exactly why I do post my thoughts... even if it is met with juvenile responses... it's also why people shouldn't give up in frustration on threads like this.

I don't let it bother me or even dignify it with a reply, just stick to the topic at hand and let trolls be trolls.

My summary of wishes:

* BBs at or near $5
* A line of at least Mini Munny sized multi-form pieces around a theme (ex: fantasy) even if they are sold BB (4"-6")
* New blood. Bring in some artists from other areas
* Darker/Mature line
* Some boutique pieces, prices can be higher (but reasonable) that really highlight art and paint instead of just a stamped piece.

If KR can give me even just 1-2 of those I'd be a happy camper.
I'm a geek, an artist, and I like cheese. Image

WTB:
2009 Supakitch/Koralie Dunny
Dok A Rupture

Some of my art: http://twistedmedium.deviantart.com

quentdiggy

Post by quentdiggy » Mon May 10, 2010 5:50 pm

Gosh that Guru is professional. I'm going to hire him when this ish blows...

Dunnys are not dead, EXPLOITED!!!!

They are not dead, they are being explioted for real...but the shape will be an icon forever...it has notched it's mark in history...
Over 5 years of awesome transactions on these boards! Pm me...

My Band, Ninja Thunderbolt :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfW8WtlV-Fg

NSTNATE

Post by NSTNATE » Mon May 10, 2010 5:53 pm

Hip hop is dead

vinylhammer

Post by vinylhammer » Thu May 13, 2010 9:57 am

I'm going to bump this, as another thread is skirting around the same problems. And i hate having multiple threads going over the same shniz ;)

fail2evolve

Post by fail2evolve » Thu May 13, 2010 10:09 am

NSTNATE wrote:Hip hop is dead

well, then i'm invoking the spirit.

quentdiggy wrote:Gosh that Guru is professional. I'm going to hire him when this ish blows...

srsly. guy could probably stand in front of a balrog and calmly explain the reasons why he couldn't continue his journey in his chosen direction.
People I'm comfortable dealing with: Hypnotiq, Fuller, Eyeforaneye, DrftDrgn21, Chrisosaur, Irulan, Zombiemonkie, Pomasta, dunzo, esro, nerviswr3k, AlbertOne, blackandblueNH, CasWunn, Janeeliz22 (if i forgot you, pm me)
I would never deal with Art Asylum Boston or Jason Zenga. This is why.

How to Prep your Dunny (by Mezzn and Fail2Evolve) http://vimeo.com/24965810

Jackcuzzy

Post by Jackcuzzy » Fri May 14, 2010 3:50 am

vinylhammer wrote:I'm going to bump this, as another thread is skirting around the same problems. And i hate having multiple threads going over the same shniz ;)

Isn't that what the Dunny section is though? Just multiple threads about the same stuff over and over!

The Dunny section has just turned into the customs section now.
Good deals with: Plenty of boardies. Ask around!

vinylhammer

Post by vinylhammer » Fri May 14, 2010 3:57 am

Jackcuzzy wrote:
vinylhammer wrote:I'm going to bump this, as another thread is skirting around the same problems. And i hate having multiple threads going over the same shniz ;)

Isn't that what the Dunny section is though? Just multiple threads about the same stuff over and over!

Good point my Mr Cuzzy. Oh by the way, did i mention i'm doing a new blind box custom series ;)

Jackcuzzy

Post by Jackcuzzy » Fri May 14, 2010 3:59 am

vinylhammer wrote:
Jackcuzzy wrote:

Good point my Mr Cuzzy. Oh by the way, did i mention i'm doing a new blind box custom series ;)

Whaaaat?! That is brand new information!

vinylhammer

Post by vinylhammer » Fri May 14, 2010 4:02 am

Jackcuzzy wrote:

Good point my Mr Cuzzy. Oh by the way, did i mention i'm doing a new blind box custom series ;)[/quote]

Whaaaat?! That is brand new information![/quote]

Shhhh, or everyone will want one :lol:

Jackcuzzy

Post by Jackcuzzy » Fri May 14, 2010 4:10 am

For the record, I'm not knocking the customs. I just remember when this board was alive with threads about production dunnys. Now I struggle to find even a few threads about them (with any positive comments!).

Maybe this should be called "Production dunnys are dead" instead.

I think the main thing everyone has to remember is that things can't change overnight. We might have seen 3 or 4 weak designs in a row come out but these were planned years ago. Our moaning about dunnys will be listened to but we might not see the results for a year or so and by that time, people's tastes would have changed yet again and those artists might not be all the rage either when the time comes for when their dunny drops.

apeboy

Post by apeboy » Fri May 14, 2010 4:29 am

The Dunny Forums dead :lol:
Looking to buy Kaiju Negora.

g force

Post by g force » Fri May 14, 2010 5:47 am

It all depends what you want from your Dunny I guess.

But there's a killer 8" coming out later this year of an existing design that is brilliant and includes an awesome art world reference that may well end up passing a few people by.

The price tag is def going to put people off though...£65 for a Visell you can understand after all it's got newly moulded parts etc but the same price for a bog standard pad print design (even if its flocked) is taking the piss.
mANNEe wrote:The chase comes with a refund and a hand written apology from Paul himself.

vinylhammer

Post by vinylhammer » Fri May 14, 2010 8:08 am

It's all dead and starting to stink :lol:

ericericeric

Post by ericericeric » Sun May 16, 2010 12:28 pm

I WAS WONDERING THE SAME THING?
THERE WAS NEVER A DUNNY LEFT AFTER IT WENT ON SALE
NOW THERE EVERYWHERE
OR IS JUST THE CHOICE OF 8" INCHERS
MORE GEISHAS AND SHOGUN LIKE DUNNYS WITH NICE SEE THRU BOXES WOULD BE NICE
KIDROBOT SHOULD SEE WHAT THE MASSES ARE INTERESTED IN LIKE THEY DID WITH THE GOLD AND BLACK CAT(CANT REMEMBER ARTIST"

BY THE WAY "SQUINIK"DESERVES AN 8" DUNNY OR AT LEAST A 3"

SORRY ABOUT ALL CAPS!!!