forum home kr home

Kidrobot Discussion Boards

Welcome to the best place on the web to talk about urban vinyl toys, plush, mini-figures, toy-art, toy artists, collecting, customs, & more!

It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Dunnies in 2013
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:12 am 

trustpigs wrote:
I must admit that I miss the Golden Tickets; even the Build-a-Dunny was a lot of fun. But I do understand that the logistics of it might've been a bit much… What I'd really like to see is each artist in a series contributing a handful of custom 3" Dunnys that are blind boxed, like instant win Golden Tickets.

+2

Excellent transactions with:
- mzkayDi, playdoh, decay1369, mfmunny, Aussietoyrama, nerps, car, jus_sum_guy, code_66, Squidnik, Kratos87

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:40 am 

halfapparition wrote:
I fully support the supa/koralie set

2013 series looks great :partyman:

More fresh artists, or more of the usual names?

Jackcuzzy, BHKidRobotNYC, gawein (2x), Arcady, Orangeroad, yup, shizasta, DMS, snitz, gmiddleswarth, akumatw (2x), supershallow

great store: http://www.outlandrecords.nl

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:18 am 

shreddie wrote:
trustpigs wrote:
I must admit that I miss the Golden Tickets; even the Build-a-Dunny was a lot of fun. But I do understand that the logistics of it might've been a bit much… What I'd really like to see is each artist in a series contributing a handful of custom 3" Dunnys that are blind boxed, like instant win Golden Tickets.

+2

+3. This would make for a case buying frenzy and would be a lot of fun.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:03 am 

swind15 wrote:
shreddie wrote:
trustpigs wrote:

+2

+3. This would make for a case buying frenzy and would be a lot of fun.

Most definitely! And while I certainly appreciate case exclusives, there's something extra fun about knowing that someone who buys only one blind might score an amazing Golden Ticket. I mean, for the sake of argument, let's just say the the first series post Dunny Apocalypse was a Huck Gee centric one… can you imagine how people would buy if there were even only five original 3" Gee customs in the series? It would be insanity!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:28 am 

More sculpted dunny designs -- like the 8" Dok A or 3" Betso, Andrew Bell, etc. It would be amazing to see a 20" dunny with more sculpted features.

Transactions with: adik.na.chinoy, bigbad99, bigrookieinc, BurymewithmyToys, CasperNY, DrewBlood, dxjock, eckotyper, FericFanatic, Floyd 44, iNom, Kevbayer, lilmyk, Manzel, MusicMan02, paulzdeep, PJPVIV, oversprayed, rice_money, rustedhalo, snooker, surfjord, THeONePG16, therealmc, timselF, trustinSTARS, wigalicous, xbtran
My collection: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=187191

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:49 pm 

I'd like to see a Fat dunny series. Where every figure in the series is a bloated version of various real world mascots, people, animals, literature/movie characters.

You could have a Green Bay Packers fan dunny, then maybe a Goblin King, Robert Baratheon, fat pigs squirels cats you name it, King Hippo from Punch Out, Artie Lange, Chris Farley. Imagine the possibilities.

Good transactions: NaturalJoe, VapDee, Mhpgear1, Ryn, Dank82, Stacyjean, Danryan, Tweeder422, bla8, izzy, candycloud27, bltsports25, del730, homerj, JMDawg33, pghrobot, Techhuis, cm, DabCity2, glock325, Erroneous, normanjr, kitman34, Greggygreg, turdhole, Adultswim666, Nonegious, DrkFD3S, thermometer, Kingly Decay, w33zy16, jeanclaudeAdam

Great trades: Ghost, Tweeder422, mrxwormxsayz, dondaka, W.I.L.D., fdot, MiggaWhaat, AK4play, elias, Spenc, MattPower

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:00 pm 

Nothing371 wrote:
I'd like to see a Fat dunny series. Where every figure in the series is a bloated version of various real world mascots, people, animals, literature/movie characters.

You could have a Green Bay Packers fan dunny, then maybe a Goblin King, Robert Baratheon, fat pigs squirels cats you name it, King Hippo from Punch Out, Artie Lange, Chris Farley. Imagine the possibilities.

:?: . I hope you are joking. hah hah

www.heroe.bigcartel.com
Support my other hobby. (click the link)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:19 pm 

Hahah, the fat series.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:58 pm 

I'd say it's about time for another artist series.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:17 pm 

i like the smaller cases. and i like the artist series. would like to see a series by the beast brothers, nathan jurevicius or tara mcpherson. too many super rare dunnys can be frustrating. i liked the 2009 series but never pulled a supakitch or cain. i have been collecting since the 2-face series and have never pulled a golden ticket. i like collecting dunnys but can't spend hundreds of dollars on each series trying for the rare ones. it is disappointing when i like the design like the 2012 kronk and 2011 huck zombie hunter. i did pull a gag ball reindeer on a first pull so it can happen i guess. always looking forward to what's next....

analog101, armenexchange, BHKidRobotNYC, bigdaddyh, bluegreenkey, brobles, C4 (2X), caelum, DrftDrgn21, =DuNnYnNuD=, dunnyrocks, Dupper (2X), EviL0ne (2X), FilmArchitect, griffndunn, heySuburbia (2X), HOVA, igbid, iliksprite (2X), javadoozy, jmf337 (2X), KIDCANNON10, lediscode, LOADHOLT, lui, Masago15 (2X), mistachael, noeleaser, Omie, pomasta, quentdiggy (2X), realtyguy808, Rmanintheny (2X), robbieXeff, snooker (2X), stclax, Stonesoup (2X), tattooedjester, Trademark78 (5X), VapDee/spoilerlert (10X), Vinylassasin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:59 pm 

koralie and supakitch series would be sooooooo fresh

Good trades with: Chapper, Bundleofjon, wigalicous, c.feng, unoudid
Good transactions with: Turbobert, Flinst0wned

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:01 am 

Soaringboots wrote:

I almost dislike seeing these two brought up so often because it would be bad for my wallet if it actually happened.

Excellent transactions with:
- mzkayDi, playdoh, decay1369, mfmunny, Aussietoyrama, nerps, car, jus_sum_guy, code_66, Squidnik, Kratos87

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:50 am 

First series of the year usually comes out last Thursday in January. I guess this won't be the case this year since Apocalypse was so late. Are there going to be 3 series this year?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:26 pm 

keep bring in new blood like they've been doing.

sales thread http://forums.kidrobot.com/viewtopic.php?p=2065190#p2065190
100+ Buying, selling, muling transactions over the years. Plenty of references.

>>>DO NOT SUPPORT DEKORNER, Toy Tokyo
Bad dealings/shady people: griffndunn, Ktnboy<<<

hypnotiq wrote:
At worst, they will send you a refund.

voleboy wrote:
At worst, they will send you a Harold.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:41 pm 

halfapparition wrote:
I fully support the supa/koralie set

2013 series looks great :partyman:

thesinstar wrote:
noeleaser wrote:
Swan21 wrote:
I would like to see a kronk, or Koralie and supakitch series.

Yes!

I would love to see a hyper series of Supakitch and Koralie Dunnys.. I bet they would be amazing..

have to back that up once again a series of supakitch and koralie dunnys is a dream!

Soaringboots wrote:

I just talked to our toy designer manager and mentioned the interest in this... He's going to reach out to them.. :shock:

Please take this with a grain of salt. If we started working on this today, it proabably wouldn't be released for about two years....

Carry on... ;)

For Trade
For Sale

"Every man has inside himself a parasitic being who is acting not at all to his advantage..."
- William S. Burroughs

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:04 pm 

Heheheh. Count down. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:12 pm 

noeleaser wrote:

I just talked to our toy designer manager and mentioned the interest in this... He's going to reach out to them.. :shock:

Please take this with a grain of salt. If we started working on this today, it proabably wouldn't be released for about two years....

Carry on... ;)

Hell yeah!!!

Not the first time either so they know. It was the first thing I said when they asked me for ideas on the couples/collab series earlier.

"total disgrace, alot of artists have been screwed by mindstyle, this is a claim that can be backed up BIGTIME!. In fact we could write a book on it! I don't have a grudge cause my situation has been done n gone, but i know of many other HUNGRY people wanting to produce work who will never see what they so rightly deserve, payment and samples, and whatever mindstyle decides to do with your art...you will have no say or control"

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:40 pm 

thesinstar wrote:
noeleaser wrote:
Swan21 wrote:
I would like to see a kronk, or Koralie and supakitch series.

Yes!

I would love to see a hyper series of Supakitch and Koralie Dunnys.. I bet they would be amazing..

have to back that up once again a series of supakitch and koralie dunnys is a dream!

they are LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG overdue for a design......just saying KR

;)

Formally known as Foxracing808....

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:57 pm 

666ways2love wrote:
keep bring in new blood like they've been doing.

+1 dont collect dunnys all that much, but i loved the hydro74 dunnys that came in the apoc series, so i bough em.

Positive Feedback- FistFullofBunnies(traded), Graf-Toyz, Brainiak76, Ezramyl, Salamander, Wyldaxe (traded), Ghost (traded), CasperNY (traded, x2), Typicalstereo (traded), Jmiller805 (on CAD, x2), Gorilla (on SB), Brenda (on SB, x2), Treblemdk, Vapdee, Hellopike (on SB), Earthglass, Uberboober, Noname27 (traded), C.feng, Jonnyboi017, Bundleofjon, hellscrape (+ lots more I couldnt keep up with!)
IG: mesooohoppy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:05 pm 

ChewieOK wrote:
too many super rare dunnys can be frustrating....... i like collecting dunnys but can't spend hundreds of dollars on each series trying for the rare ones.

+1

cant believe some of you guys want some really hard to find dunnys.. it makes absolutely no sense to me to as why you would want to make something that is just that awesome, and then turn around and make it rare, hard to find, and subjected to retarded flipper prices (obviously other than the low supply high demand econ theory.. which is still dumb for this case IMO, b/c you know the demand is already going to be high, so just make the damn supply high as well), some of us cant make it to exclusive drops or are just too busy to make time & energy to track down a rare dunny when theyre first released, so that means we have to wait it out second hand or go to the bay and be broke as a joke... which in turn means i wont collect dunnys (and this is why i only have like 5 or 6 of them)

just my two cents.. id get into dunnys more.. but hell, i just dont see paying 100+ for a 3" figure that is a production figure and not even a custom..

Positive Feedback- FistFullofBunnies(traded), Graf-Toyz, Brainiak76, Ezramyl, Salamander, Wyldaxe (traded), Ghost (traded), CasperNY (traded, x2), Typicalstereo (traded), Jmiller805 (on CAD, x2), Gorilla (on SB), Brenda (on SB, x2), Treblemdk, Vapdee, Hellopike (on SB), Earthglass, Uberboober, Noname27 (traded), C.feng, Jonnyboi017, Bundleofjon, hellscrape (+ lots more I couldnt keep up with!)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:06 pm 

blindboxx2334 wrote:
ChewieOK wrote:
too many super rare dunnys can be frustrating....... i like collecting dunnys but can't spend hundreds of dollars on each series trying for the rare ones.

+1

cant believe some of you guys want some really hard to find dunnys.. it makes absolutely no sense to me to as why you would want to make something that is just that awesome, and then turn around and make it rare, hard to find, and subjected to retarded flipper prices (obviously other than the low supply high demand econ theory.. which is still dumb for this case IMO, b/c you know the demand is already going to be high, so just make the damn supply high as well), some of us cant make it to exclusive drops or are just too busy to make time & energy to track down a rare dunny when theyre first released, so that means we have to wait it out second hand or go to the bay and be broke as a joke... which in turn means i wont collect dunnys (and this is why i only have like 5 or 6 of them)

just my two cents.. id get into dunnys more.. but hell, i just dont see paying 100+ for a 3" figure that is a production figure and not even a custom..

Because the rarity and exclusivity is part of the attraction (along with good design which for me is a must - not a completist). Just like ANY limited edition figure or other collectible. Would you be interested in collecting Dunnys if they were sold at Wal-Mart in the aisle with GI-Joes? I wouldn't. I'd rather spend $100+ on a rare figure than $10 on an open edition one. That's just me though - different strokes.

My Collection
References
(26 trades, 104 sales, 10 mulings)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:07 am 

(nice dream) wrote:
Because the rarity and exclusivity is part of the attraction (along with good design which for me is a must - not a completist). Just like ANY limited edition figure or other collectible. Would you be interested in collecting Dunnys if they were sold at Wal-Mart in the aisle with GI-Joes? I wouldn't. I'd rather spend $100+ on a rare figure than $10 on an open edition one. That's just me though - different strokes.

see, i could care less about teh rarity or exclusive-ness.. i collect toys for what i like, i could care less if it came from walmart, or kr, or where ever.. hell, it would actually be easier, walmart is pretty close to me. :lol:

open editions are cool cause there is no complaining, no hurt feelings, no crazy stupid rush. everyone gets what they want..

although i will admit that that 'rush' from getting a rare figure is pretty awesome, although it is equally as sh!tty if not more when you dont get what you want, like a let down feeling.. i hate it. and i dont even need to mention that most people are on the latter of the two (because of small edition sizing :roll: )

..but like you said. diff people, diff interests.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:18 am 

Idk if I heard wrong but I believe huck gee is doing another series "post apocalypse" any one got info on this?

Instagram-greggdeee

Good transactions- update soon

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:18 am 

I understand and definitely see your point. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't want everything to be rare and expensive. I think the way it is is good - commons mixed with rares.

My Collection
References
(26 trades, 104 sales, 10 mulings)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:03 am 

i think two dunny series a year is good (the yearly series and an artist or themed series) plus the occasional single releases like the kano and birro. too many series a year can create burnout and dunny fatigue. keep two a year and interest stays up.

analog101, armenexchange, BHKidRobotNYC, bigdaddyh, bluegreenkey, brobles, C4 (2X), caelum, DrftDrgn21, =DuNnYnNuD=, dunnyrocks, Dupper (2X), EviL0ne (2X), FilmArchitect, griffndunn, heySuburbia (2X), HOVA, igbid, iliksprite (2X), javadoozy, jmf337 (2X), KIDCANNON10, lediscode, LOADHOLT, lui, Masago15 (2X), mistachael, noeleaser, Omie, pomasta, quentdiggy (2X), realtyguy808, Rmanintheny (2X), robbieXeff, snooker (2X), stclax, Stonesoup (2X), tattooedjester, Trademark78 (5X), VapDee/spoilerlert (10X), Vinylassasin

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next