forum home kr home

Kidrobot Discussion Boards

Welcome to the best place on the web to talk about urban vinyl toys, plush, mini-figures, toy-art, toy artists, collecting, customs, & more!

It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:32 pm 

Has anybody heard of this? I am not sure if it is true, but I heard it will be a Burton Custom 158cm, $600, and limited to 200 units.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:09 am 

macatawa wrote:
Has anybody heard of this? I am not sure if it is true, but I heard it will be a Burton Custom 158cm, $600, and limited to 200 units.

I'm sorry but spending more then $400 on a snowboard is a huge waste of money unless you are competing and or riding big mountain. there are so many over priced boards and Burton is the leader of the pack.

on a side note, Burton and Kaws colab'd last season and made this...and hey its only $800-$1000 but its designed by Kaws so that justifies the absurd price

http://www.snowboard-mag.com/usr_images ... 68x351.png

good buy/sell/trade with: Xerocs, doughyboy, BONER, Zigra, Chefjt, Sleepboy, babyvtec, Russcel, jay222, Run-A-Mucker, optimistic, haverford, xalwayswins, MattAttack, APina, v.real, binman, csulli13, Won*g, ELMAGIC09, bigbade, katastrophe, quis23, orlowone, whyhoo

My Print Collection

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:19 am 

it might be worth it if the design was good. burton is so expensive because: 1. the hype, the name, 2. R&D. they are always using cutting edge (no pun intended) tech to make boards lighter and stronger and more ridable. personally i'll never ride anything but a solomon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:41 am 

orlowone wrote:
it might be worth it if the design was good. burton is so expensive because: 1. the hype, the name, 2. R&D. they are always using cutting edge (no pun intended) tech to make boards lighter and stronger and more ridable. personally i'll never ride anything but a solomon.

Don't get me wrong they make awesome boards, i have a 162 custom for my all mtn board but i got it at 40% off the $550 price tag. I also ride and love my Rome Machine Park board, the Rome head board designer used to be Burton's head designer, i love there boards and there whole "punk" image. Solomon makes some awesome stuff too...

good buy/sell/trade with: Xerocs, doughyboy, BONER, Zigra, Chefjt, Sleepboy, babyvtec, Russcel, jay222, Run-A-Mucker, optimistic, haverford, xalwayswins, MattAttack, APina, v.real, binman, csulli13, Won*g, ELMAGIC09, bigbade, katastrophe, quis23, orlowone, whyhoo

My Print Collection

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 12:57 pm 

orlowone wrote:

I know the midwest is too extreme to ride anything but a hard core euro board like solomon.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 4:02 pm 

Memetic wrote:
I'm sorry but spending more then $400 on a snowboard is a huge waste of money unless you are competing and or riding big mountain. there are so many over priced boards and Burton is the leader of the pack.

not sure how often you ride but i have been an avid snowboarder for going on...14 years now. ive taught snowboarding, i have friends with cabins on mountains, and when there is no snow i have been know to lug from hockey arenas in vans to build a jump in a park! with snowboarding, i can comfortably say that what you pay for is what you get. when you pay a grand for a Burton custom, you get a board that is worth a grand. you buy a board for $200, you get crap. there is SO much work and technology that goes into creating a snowboard and depending on what you ride, be it jibs, freeride, park, whatever, boards are designed specifically for that function and an insane amount of work goes into it. its not skateboarding where you put glue in between 7 peices of wood and press it together, its alot more complicated.
take a company like Option. though they tend not to get as expensive as burton, the QC and technology behind it is crazy and is worth the money you spend on it. i have read stories about the owner of Option taking daily trips around the factory to each workers boards, checking them him self and if even 1 board has any QC issues, everything that worker made that day gets scrapped! its insane!
all in all, even though Burton is the biggest company with a big name, that is not why their boards cost what they do

Post subject: word
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:45 pm 

My local resort just put SEASON PASS info on their website today, $198 for the entire season (US). I know the owner pretty well, and I have been riding there for a long time, I asked him why the season passes were 1/5 less than last season, and he said that gas prices are killing them. I live 2 hours away, and it is about 40 bucks round trip per day. Comparing that to the cost of a snowboard (that is in no way intended to be ridden), the equipment isn't that expensive. Kid robot stuff is expensive as hell not because of it's intended utility, but because it is ART. Same with this board. PM me and I'll send you a pic of what this will look like.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 10:12 pm 

I ride a K2 zeppelin from '01 or '02. I got it brand new for free, because some kid in my school broke his humerus snowboarding and his mom made him throw his snowboard away. I was walking by his house one day and there it was, in the trash, so I grabbed it and went home. It was maybe ridden twice, max. Point is, before I got this board, I probably wouldn't have paid for something good. I rode a cheap budget buy Ride snowboard. But let me tell you, after riding a good board, I will never go back and will pay whatever it takes to ride a well made, flexible, awesome snowboard.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:41 pm 

11/1/2007
Burton Snowboards and Kidrobot Unveil Collaborative Limited Edition Snowboard
Burton Snowboards and Kidrobot today unveiled their limited-edition collaborative snowboard, the Burton Kidrobot Custom Plus. The inaugural collaboration between the companies has been over a year in the making and involved collaboration among multiple artists and snowboard designers.

Based on the platform of a Burton Custom 158cm snowboard, the Burton Kidrobot Custom Plus began as a blank canvas for Kidrobot founder Paul Budnitz to play with. The result is a whimsical and colorful board with a topsheet graphic that features Kidrobot's iconic "Kidrobot head" character and a base graphic that depicts a collage of well-known Kidrobot characters including the Dunny, Smoking Labbit and Icebot. Artists whose characters appear on the board include Paul Budnitz, Frank Kozik, Dalek, Tilt, Sket One and more.

The Burton Kidrobot Custom Plus marks the first time Kidrobot has collaborated on a snowboard. Paul Budnitz had this to say about the organic process with which Burton and Kidrobot joined forces, "Greg Dacyshyn, Burton SVP and Creative Director, and I are fans of each other's work. When we met, we totally hit it off. A collaboration was necessary - it wasn't even a question."

Likewise, Greg Dacyshyn was equally stoked on the project, "I have always been a toy collector…you're never too big to play with toys. I really love what Kidrobot does. They have an amazing design sensibility, and it really works well with what we do here at Burton. I look forward to working on more projects with them in the future."

The Burton Kidrobot Custom Plus is being produced in super limited quantities and will be available at Burton and Kidrobot flagship stores and at very select snowboard retailers. Please stay tuned for additional Burton and Kidrobot limited edition product in the very near future.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:59 pm 

macatawa wrote:
orlowone wrote:

I know the midwest is too extreme to ride anything but a hard core euro board like solomon.

sorry i can't live in whatever winter wonderland you live in. my solomon is the best board i've ever ridden, midwest riding or not. i apologize for my sub-snowboard god status. i'll burn sage and pray to whatever company's board you ride, macatawa. :prayer:

[ Added: Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:05 pm ]
p.s.
BURTON SUCKS MY EUROTRASH!!!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:50 pm 

orlowone wrote:
p.s.
BURTON SUCKS MY EUROTRASH!!!

Totally agree, they are like the ipod. So many other great companies out there but they just seem to grab the most attention.

"At bottom, you see, we are not Homo sapiens at all. Our core is madness. The prime directive is murder. What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most muderous motherfuckers in the jungle." Stephen King "Cell"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:05 pm 

orlowone wrote:

My man (yes i just watched american gangster)

Post subject: the design is crap
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:31 pm 

It all over the every fashion/culture blog.
Compared to other Burton board the design is crap, just a pattern of kidrobot heads on the top and a collage of toys on the bottom with huge kidrobot logo type.
Seriously I love Burton and always have and its just a board I dont care too much about graphics on the board. I care more about the quality of it so I dont break it. I just hope a bunch of young non-snowboarders buy it just cause its Kidrobot.

Post subject: check ebay
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:54 pm 

I have one on ebay if anyone is interested.

[ Added: Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:52 pm ]
ok?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:43 pm 

I was at sports chalet last winter and spotted a JLED Mr. Bunny designed snowboard.. it was pretty dope... I think kidrobot should collaborate with NeverSummer boards.. that would be worthy of my money

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:21 am 

thanks for sharing info