forum home kr home

Kidrobot Discussion Boards

Welcome to the best place on the web to talk about urban vinyl toys, plush, mini-figures, toy-art, toy artists, collecting, customs, & more!

It is currently Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:29 am 

Last time I was here was in 2014, and before that in 2005, when I was an avid designer and artist wannabe. The toy scene in the Kidrobot community was superb. You cant talk to a lot of artist and try to make a living designing toys. After a long time away I just wanted to come back and say hello to those who remember me (if they still are out there) and for everybody around here.

Is the hobby as healthy as it was in 2005? What I have missed?

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 4:46 pm 

MrBeppo wrote:
Last time I was here was in 2014, and before that in 2005, when I was an avid designer and artist wannabe. The toy scene in the Kidrobot community was superb. You cant talk to a lot of artist and try to make a living designing toys. After a long time away I just wanted to come back and say hello to those who remember me (if they still are out there) and for everybody around here.

Is the hobby as healthy as it was in 2005? What I have missed?

Life happend. Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, all took the wind out of the message boards. Then KR clucked up and started makinig the MOST WHACK ratios for a case. The Dunny IS DR and when a case has only 4 unique dunny and you get 16 doubles then you have no reason to get another case and no place to re sell the dupes becasue EVERYBODY had the same 16 dupes

They trying to make it better with more artis and designs but until they fix the Ratios($15 a blind box!!) and move cases it's a slow bleed for KR

viewtopic.php?f=43&t=240247

Please help out if you can and please sign up! Tis the season!!!