forum home kr home

Kidrobot Discussion Boards

Welcome to the best place on the web to talk about urban vinyl toys, plush, mini-figures, toy-art, toy artists, collecting, customs, & more!

It is currently Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:32 am 

I'm new to collecting limited edition art and I'd like to know if there is any benefit or added value from buying the first number in a very small edition? For example, would you pick #1 from one edition over a latter number in a different edition just because it's #1 or does this not make a difference? Thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:23 pm 

I've never heard anyone have a preference on what number in the edition it is.
Chapp

Good transactions with: chillywilly153, eyeforaneye, haggard, Kevbayer, snooker, SpecialKAC18, typo21, wingnut80, GPerg, HypnoToad, cvonskop@gmail.com., v12, childosun, Spiderboom89, heebysdaman, ejholmes30, lui, Bigbad99, HomerJ66, Tron, iamthewinter, hellscrape, kpatricialee, kom22, Actual Size, Hovdog, jjH8te, escobar101, Dan-knee rock, BringTheRawkus, Pebbleskitten, Jinwan, Locotoy, Broke4toys, Dunnyjake, Lfarnc, rstone010, TO_designs, Fifizzle, Sgolby, VapDee, Dupper, Soaringboots, GC415, chamber37, Denver-Detroit, Maki Maki, Flabby, toyJerk, Dexdesign, Noeleaser, darika09, AWOL526.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:12 pm 

I've certainly seen sellers trying to get a higher price for #1 in a series, even if it's in the first 10 of a series. But that's silly. They're all signed at the same time. It's just a way of trying to dupe a buyer into possibly paying more.

AP or PP editions do tend to change the price, but not always. It depends on the size of the run, if they were available publicly, variants, etc.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 1:17 pm 

Thank you all for sharing your thoughts...I appreciate it.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:35 pm 

I agree with everyone who has already posted. It can be pretty nifty to see a whole collection of #1 pieces, though. Someone was selling his Coarse collection recently, and almost everything was the first-numbered piece of its run. Broke my heart, seeing it separated like that.