Art gift for my cousin

Come here to talk about artists, art, graffiti, culture, lifestyle, and news. A forum is for everything, including the kitchen sink.

Moderator: Kidrobot Guru

Oisterboy

Art gift for my cousin

Post by Oisterboy » Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:02 pm

My 17 year old cousin is getting into art and I actually like what she's doing quite a bit. I want to give her an Amanda visell toy and a little something else. I'd like to give her a book maybe with some different art in it, but I'd like it to be like 10 to 12 bucks, with amazon prime shipping (I waited to last minute).

Sorry for such strict rules lol I'm up for any suggestions!

Photo.fied

Re: Art gift for my cousin

Post by Photo.fied » Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:56 pm

I'm a few years older than your cousin, but I have a few suggestions for books if you don't mind them being slightly used?

I know you said "different art" but If you wanted to keep with the toy theme I definitely recommend "We Are Indie Toys" by Louis Bou. I just got my copy in pretty much like-new condition from bellwetherbooks on amazon for about $7 (It's retailed at around 30).

My other suggestion is "EdgyCute: From Neo-Pop to Low Brow and Back Again" by Henry Saylor. In new condition its about $45, but on the secondhand market its about $15-20, a little bit more than you wanted to pay, but the book is pretty big and has tons of cool low brow illustrations in it.

These are just off the top of my head, but I'll let you know if I have more. Hope that helps a bit.

Oisterboy

Post by Oisterboy » Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:38 am

Grabbed the indie toys one. She liked it! Thanks!

gratefulpuzzled

Post by gratefulpuzzled » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:57 am

Oisterboy wrote:Grabbed the indie toys one. She liked it! Thanks!
yeah, best gift ever

brucedeniger

Post by brucedeniger » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:13 pm

you could gift her different kinds of art supplies, like paint or pen used for drawing.