KAWS x Uniqlo

Come here to talk about artists, art, graffiti, culture, lifestyle, and news. A forum is for everything, including the kitchen sink.

Moderator: Kidrobot Guru

Solaris100

KAWS x Uniqlo

Post by Solaris100 » Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:57 pm

Anybody else excited about the collabo?

I surely am! Wrote a little something about it, let me know what you think!

http://www.solaris100.com/blog/2016/3/31/kaws-mania

juancarlos

Re: KAWS x Uniqlo

Post by juancarlos » Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:21 pm

Hopefully it won't be too hard to get

BOOKER73

Post by BOOKER73 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:50 pm

only liked a few designs, was hoping he would have done more with this opportunity.
Great Transactions History with: mANNEe, mylzbigglee13, mistachael, thndrstrk, yanksb11, MADCOW, rundmb, ohiheartyoux, henry17s, 1V1ARTIN, pdotcool, GiulioRobot, Vinylassasin, rosstamicahdesign, phildren2a, realtyguy808, Zhurrie, statusquo, frankmysterio, DFed, FAKIR, Soft As Sin, jus_sum_guy, luckyscrm, Fonzyau, Shibori, Rhapture, Dab City 2, jjoker1979, iamchristsao, Nicolicious, chrisosaur, samuraikiss, paul, consumption, stacyjean, KIDCANNON10, jfactor13, DREWBLOOD, toyJerk

My eBay Items | Online store | My Munny Customs | My Wish List

Pause

Post by Pause » Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:46 pm

Well, I was excited about this release, but when I went to make an account on Uniqlo's website just now, it turns out they do not ship to Canada. And they don't have any stores in Canada either. Awesome.

BOOKER73

Post by BOOKER73 » Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:21 am

Very impressive, sold out in all NYC stores during lunchtime.
5th avenue had received a 4500 lot and had folks lining up since 3am the night before!!
Online I heard was a joke, they told everyone that it would go on sale at 9pm EST but I heard they started several hours earlier and it was all gone within an hour or so. This is what I heard from the staff in NY.

The tote bags are due up soon but the shirts are all done but considering how successful this release was, a restock would be huge.
Great Transactions History with: mANNEe, mylzbigglee13, mistachael, thndrstrk, yanksb11, MADCOW, rundmb, ohiheartyoux, henry17s, 1V1ARTIN, pdotcool, GiulioRobot, Vinylassasin, rosstamicahdesign, phildren2a, realtyguy808, Zhurrie, statusquo, frankmysterio, DFed, FAKIR, Soft As Sin, jus_sum_guy, luckyscrm, Fonzyau, Shibori, Rhapture, Dab City 2, jjoker1979, iamchristsao, Nicolicious, chrisosaur, samuraikiss, paul, consumption, stacyjean, KIDCANNON10, jfactor13, DREWBLOOD, toyJerk

My eBay Items | Online store | My Munny Customs | My Wish List

gloomychan

Post by gloomychan » Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:50 am

Just thought I'd put this out there but I had purchased one Kaws shirt about a month ago from their online store and picked Large sense they run kinda small and I wanted a Medium fit but when I got the shirt it was an XL. I was pretty positive I had clicked the Large option but decided maybe I had made a mistake and clicked the wrong button and at any rate at least it would fit like a Large and not a XL. A week later and I buy a different design this time making sure I pick Large and sure enough when it came in the mail the other day it was a XL....Spoke with someone on the phone who said I could trade them in for the size I wanted but would have to send them back and go threw all that hassle. Not sure what happened or if this is how everyone who ordered got theirs but thought it was odd they would make the same mistake twice in a row and wanted to give anyone a heads up who was thinking about buying them online.

QTPie

Post by QTPie » Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:38 pm

gloomychan wrote:Just thought I'd put this out there but I had purchased one Kaws shirt about a month ago from their online store and picked Large sense they run kinda small and I wanted a Medium fit but when I got the shirt it was an XL. I was pretty positive I had clicked the Large option but decided maybe I had made a mistake and clicked the wrong button and at any rate at least it would fit like a Large and not a XL. A week later and I buy a different design this time making sure I pick Large and sure enough when it came in the mail the other day it was a XL....Spoke with someone on the phone who said I could trade them in for the size I wanted but would have to send them back and go threw all that hassle. Not sure what happened or if this is how everyone who ordered got theirs but thought it was odd they would make the same mistake twice in a row and wanted to give anyone a heads up who was thinking about buying them online.
I picked up one of the shirts at Toy Tokyo, and was chatting with a couple of the people there. Depending on which country the shirts were produced for the sizing is a bit different. I usually rock a XXL, but when I put on one of the American XLs I fit in it fine, but the Japanese XLs ran true to size and were tight on me. Doesn't sound like this is the issue you ran into, but definitely something to consider.
http://trampt.com/users/QTPie/feed

Great Sellers: halfapparition, noeleaser, belfinatorzz111, (nice dream), paulzdeep, 666ways2love, rjxdang, w33zy16, cmk802, QUASIMO, Ath, fast1590, kgyure, mavxb3, DexDexign, MattPower, delicious62
Great Buyers: Counterbalance
Great Trades: DManTX, MattPower
Muled for: patrick40, ShizRobot, kgyure

brodesto

Post by brodesto » Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:51 pm

So this release was insane. I ended up getting every design shirt for 9.95 because they went on clearance. It seems as if they over produced. It was available everywhere. I still don't think it's sold out and it's been months. Did not expect this release to pan out the way it did. OF goes for 100+... this Collab barely hit 10 dollars. So weird to me

mdelatorre89

Post by mdelatorre89 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:13 pm

Def thought the run would be much smaller. Can't blame uniqlo for trying to milk it

Chumps

Post by Chumps » Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:31 pm

And most of the designs are still available online lol
Made waaay too many