forum home kr home

Kidrobot Discussion Boards

Welcome to the best place on the web to talk about urban vinyl toys, plush, mini-figures, toy-art, toy artists, collecting, customs, & more!

It is currently Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: KAWS x Uniqlo
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:57 pm 

Anybody else excited about the collabo?

I surely am! Wrote a little something about it, let me know what you think!

http://www.solaris100.com/blog/2016/3/31/kaws-mania

Post subject: Re: KAWS x Uniqlo
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:21 pm 

Hopefully it won't be too hard to get

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:50 pm 

only liked a few designs, was hoping he would have done more with this opportunity.

Great Transactions History with: mANNEe, mylzbigglee13, mistachael, thndrstrk, yanksb11, MADCOW, rundmb, ohiheartyoux, henry17s, 1V1ARTIN, pdotcool, GiulioRobot, Vinylassasin, rosstamicahdesign, phildren2a, realtyguy808, Zhurrie, statusquo, frankmysterio, DFed, FAKIR, Soft As Sin, jus_sum_guy, luckyscrm, Fonzyau, Shibori, Rhapture, Dab City 2, jjoker1979, iamchristsao, Nicolicious, chrisosaur, samuraikiss, paul, consumption, stacyjean, KIDCANNON10, jfactor13, DREWBLOOD, toyJerk

My eBay Items | Online store | My Munny Customs | My Wish List

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:46 pm 

Well, I was excited about this release, but when I went to make an account on Uniqlo's website just now, it turns out they do not ship to Canada. And they don't have any stores in Canada either. Awesome.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:21 pm 

Very impressive, sold out in all NYC stores during lunchtime.
5th avenue had received a 4500 lot and had folks lining up since 3am the night before!!
Online I heard was a joke, they told everyone that it would go on sale at 9pm EST but I heard they started several hours earlier and it was all gone within an hour or so. This is what I heard from the staff in NY.

The tote bags are due up soon but the shirts are all done but considering how successful this release was, a restock would be huge.

Great Transactions History with: mANNEe, mylzbigglee13, mistachael, thndrstrk, yanksb11, MADCOW, rundmb, ohiheartyoux, henry17s, 1V1ARTIN, pdotcool, GiulioRobot, Vinylassasin, rosstamicahdesign, phildren2a, realtyguy808, Zhurrie, statusquo, frankmysterio, DFed, FAKIR, Soft As Sin, jus_sum_guy, luckyscrm, Fonzyau, Shibori, Rhapture, Dab City 2, jjoker1979, iamchristsao, Nicolicious, chrisosaur, samuraikiss, paul, consumption, stacyjean, KIDCANNON10, jfactor13, DREWBLOOD, toyJerk

My eBay Items | Online store | My Munny Customs | My Wish List

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:50 pm 

Just thought I'd put this out there but I had purchased one Kaws shirt about a month ago from their online store and picked Large sense they run kinda small and I wanted a Medium fit but when I got the shirt it was an XL. I was pretty positive I had clicked the Large option but decided maybe I had made a mistake and clicked the wrong button and at any rate at least it would fit like a Large and not a XL. A week later and I buy a different design this time making sure I pick Large and sure enough when it came in the mail the other day it was a XL....Spoke with someone on the phone who said I could trade them in for the size I wanted but would have to send them back and go threw all that hassle. Not sure what happened or if this is how everyone who ordered got theirs but thought it was odd they would make the same mistake twice in a row and wanted to give anyone a heads up who was thinking about buying them online.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:38 pm 

gloomychan wrote:
Just thought I'd put this out there but I had purchased one Kaws shirt about a month ago from their online store and picked Large sense they run kinda small and I wanted a Medium fit but when I got the shirt it was an XL. I was pretty positive I had clicked the Large option but decided maybe I had made a mistake and clicked the wrong button and at any rate at least it would fit like a Large and not a XL. A week later and I buy a different design this time making sure I pick Large and sure enough when it came in the mail the other day it was a XL....Spoke with someone on the phone who said I could trade them in for the size I wanted but would have to send them back and go threw all that hassle. Not sure what happened or if this is how everyone who ordered got theirs but thought it was odd they would make the same mistake twice in a row and wanted to give anyone a heads up who was thinking about buying them online.

I picked up one of the shirts at Toy Tokyo, and was chatting with a couple of the people there. Depending on which country the shirts were produced for the sizing is a bit different. I usually rock a XXL, but when I put on one of the American XLs I fit in it fine, but the Japanese XLs ran true to size and were tight on me. Doesn't sound like this is the issue you ran into, but definitely something to consider.

Great Sellers: halfapparition, noeleaser, belfinatorzz111, (nice dream), paulzdeep, 666ways2love, rjxdang, w33zy16, cmk802, QUASIMO, Ath, fast1590, kgyure, mavxb3, DexDexign, MattPower, delicious62
Great Buyers: Counterbalance
Great Trades: DManTX, MattPower
Muled for: patrick40, ShizRobot, kgyure

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:51 am 

So this release was insane. I ended up getting every design shirt for 9.95 because they went on clearance. It seems as if they over produced. It was available everywhere. I still don't think it's sold out and it's been months. Did not expect this release to pan out the way it did. OF goes for 100+... this Collab barely hit 10 dollars. So weird to me

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:13 am 

Def thought the run would be much smaller. Can't blame uniqlo for trying to milk it

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:31 pm 

And most of the designs are still available online lol
Made waaay too many