forum home kr home

Kidrobot Discussion Boards

Welcome to the best place on the web to talk about urban vinyl toys, plush, mini-figures, toy-art, toy artists, collecting, customs, & more!

It is currently Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:37 am 

just curious ive been looking around and see non existent buyers for even popular items that are heavily discounted .... curse of the chucky ????? just too many artists willing to work for near free....... art is not my day job but i just cant believe how few buyers there are ...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:12 pm 

vinyllove wrote:
just curious ive been looking around and see non existent buyers for even popular items that are heavily discounted .... curse of the chucky ????? just too many artists willing to work for near free....... art is not my day job but i just cant believe how few buyers there are ...

yup, it has significally changed since when i started getting into collecting.

Great Transactions With : sgolby, DrftDrgn21, Hollywood, nypedestrian, bigdaddyh,rottierook, bigbad99, Larrypink, KIDCANNON10, Detroit_Denver, applesgomeow, snitz, KrazyCatLady, TO_Designs, harm, griffndunn, Freakinkram88, CMAN201 ..etc..

WTB - luke chueh nunchucks print and sashimi print.
-Buddha Homer simpson colored $50 shipped
-Buddha Homer GOLD SDCC $130 shipped
-Ghost Girl Glow in the Dark NYCC Matt Siren $80

funds ready. shoot me a pm.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:06 pm 

For me personally it comes down to less disposable $$$ to spend, and I think some items got way overpriced. I've been collecting since I saw the advertisement for the series 1 dunnys in juxtapoz magazine overy 10 years ago...the market is down, and I still see a lot of pieces listed for way more than what I would pay for them still.

Great Transactions with: W33ZY16, MUNKYMAN, DEXDESIGN, NISARES, DIMPLY_GECKO, HIYATA, KONFUCIOUS, NEEBLES, JACRANKY, SNEAKERHEAD1206, EXCITE, WAISICMAO, HAGGARD, BCD0325, MAKI MAKI, BCK2SQR1, ZOMBIEMONKIE, SCARWARS, COLLEENF7, JORDAN23, XENEIZE666, IAMTHEWINTER, NAMEBRAND, DREWBLOOD

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:54 pm 

It all depends on what you're trying to sell. People put rare Kaws pieces up here from time to time in the 10-20k range and they sell in like 45 minutes. Same goes for old Coarse/3A stuff as well. But minis in general have fallen on hard times and there's just not really a market anymore for $150+ pieces, with all but a few exceptions. Unless it's Kaws or super old/hyper limited, collectors are saying no to paying scalper prices, which IMO should be commended.

Trampt: http://trampt.com/users/Athyndir/have

Looking for COARSE: Loser Jaws (Blush) and 1:3 Chopper

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:37 am 

Yeah pretty much just rare kaws pieces ... Aits pretty insane that in an entire art scene ... Only one artist consistently sells ......wowzers ..... There is no real way to tell if there rare kaws are even real ....

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 2:24 pm 

The end of the scene is nowhere in sight

http://www.complex.com/style/2015/11/li ... h-kidrobot

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 3:54 pm 

at least the dunny scene was more active when they were less than $10. now you don't see many case layouts posted or dupes for sale. the 13 series was excellent artwise, but after seeing the poor dupe-heavy case layouts and getting four dupes out of the ten i ordered from kidrobot, i won't buy blind boxes from them again. at $12 a pop, thats unacceptable. i have been collecting since 2007 and now skip certain lesser dunnys due to the price (sylvie dunny). it was good to see the 13 series sell out but many of the old problems are still there.

analog101, armenexchange, BHKidRobotNYC, bigdaddyh, bluegreenkey, brobles, C4 (2X), caelum, dave (2X), DrftDrgn21, =DuNnYnNuD=, dunnyrocks, Dupper (2X), EviL0ne (2X), FilmArchitect, griffndunn, heySuburbia (2X), HOVA, igbid, iliksprite (2X), javadoozy, jmf337 (2X), KIDCANNON10 (3X), lediscode, LOADHOLT, lui, Masago15 (2X), mistachael, (nice dream), noeleaser, Oisterboy, Omie, Pezhead23, pomasta, quentdiggy (2X), realtyguy808, Rmanintheny (2X), robbieXeff, snooker (2X), stclax, Stonesoup (2X), tattooedjester, Trademark78 (5X), VapDee/spoilerlert (10X), Vinylassasin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:03 pm 

mikashroom wrote:

Good read, thanks man!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:57 am 

mikashroom wrote:

This was interesting. And it was kidrobot selling licensed crap that made me stop shopping there. Though I believe this scene is in another golden age. It's not just Kaws that sells super quick. MVH, skinner, paul kaiju, course, double parlour, and so so many more artists sell out as soon as they go on sale. The scene has changed, not as many people into dunny's. There are still loads of people into licensed products(look at funko) but the stuff that collectors shell out the big bucks for are original art pieces. I bought the last kidrobot black piece. I wish they'd release more pieces like that.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:39 am 

mikashroom wrote:

They printed it on the Internet. It must be true!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:49 pm 

kidrobot turned into any other main stream toys-r-us brand. their artist are just phoning it in, unoriginal and uninspired these day

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:28 pm 

yeah its different now, but far from death, and kidrobot it's not the only company around, and "For me personally it comes down to less disposable $$$ to spend" too, and some pieces new and old I do think are overprice nowadays

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:03 am 

First off, how is this a sales thread?

Secondly, OP has been spewing the same stuff for years. Everything posted since pretty much day one has been the exact same. Why not just bump one of the what must be many other threads?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:31 am 

Hey, in his defense, he has a separate thread in Kitchen Sink about how people should lighten up about him being a flipper and then proceeded to call us a racial/religious epithet. So, while similar, all his posts are not the same. GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT PLEASE [-X .

Trampt: http://trampt.com/users/Athyndir/have

Looking for COARSE: Loser Jaws (Blush) and 1:3 Chopper

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:27 am 

Ath wrote:
Hey, in his defense, he has a separate thread in Kitchen Sink about how people should lighten up about him being a flipper and then proceeded to call us a racial/religious epithet. So, while similar, all his posts are not the same. GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT PLEASE [-X .

:lol:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:54 am 

^^ So that thread was even worse before I saw it? Hard to believe.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:53 pm 

kroracle wrote:
mikashroom wrote:

They printed it on the Internet. It must be true!

HA! Exactly.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:47 pm 

Ath wrote:

Alright but still all of his threads and posts are annoying!

Same guy who was forcing people to buy his kaws figures with copies of Kaws paintings. :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:22 pm 

ricekilla wrote:
Ath wrote:

Alright but still all of his threads and posts are annoying!

Same guy who was forcing people to buy his kaws figures with copies of Kaws paintings. :roll:

hello i gave away free art to non cheapskates ... its probably the most used business principle ever ... Keurig etc..... you give away free stuff and people like it then buy more ..... p.s. congrats on owning items by the biggest sell out since ed hardy " karbage " ...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:25 pm 

listening to you people talk about art is like listening to mike sorrentino talk about fashion.....

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:34 pm 

kaws wants to push his " copyrights " on people .... note to kaws .... your entire career is " Mickey Mouse " by Walt Disney ..... and you paid other people to build it in wood .......

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:10 pm 

:lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:38 pm 

Back in my day....!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

A number of thing happened; The internet changed with IG, Twitter, and FB there is no need for a old school message board any more :(
When I first joined there was so much activity and info and you made buddies. Now on page 3 of any given topic the last message was from months ago.

See below

Chicken necks wrote:
Hello! So I didn't hit the jackpot with my 2 cases of Simpsons 25th anniversary series and ended up getting 2 nearly identical cases. So I have lots of figures I'm looking to sell. I'm asking $13 shipped on all non-duffs and duffs are $14 (only continental U.S. & only PayPal.)
If you want to haggle, I'm game. Also it's likely I can do a discount for buying multiples. Thanks for looking!

Not picking on dude just a perfect example. I think it was fat cap 2 or 3 and a case was CRAP! 4 different dunnys and 16 doubles! If you got a second case you had a chance to get at lease 5 1/20 and sell the doubles for a few bucks. Now EVERYBODY has the same double and same quadz!! There was no incentive to get another case because you'd have quadz up the wazoo!!

No more limited and numbered hoodies, too much kids stuff, not enuff cool stuff.

Thing got stale and any change or innovation was aimed at the bottom line and not the core fans
KR got greedy and shot themselves and their fans in the foot.

viewtopic.php?f=43&t=240247

Please help out if you can and please sign up! Tis the season!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:18 am 

Indeed ups and downs and all arounds... Good things to come though. Obviously thing will not be the same as it was in 2005-2007 but i have hope... Always do.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:06 pm 

Kidrobot Guru wrote:
Indeed ups and downs and all arounds... Good things to come though. Obviously thing will not be the same as it was in 2005-2007 but i have hope... Always do.

Honestly I think the scene could go back to the way it was in 05-07 (although I wasn't buying then I think I have a good feel for how it was) in an instant if you made some serious but good changes.