It's that time again… fantasy football time!!!

Come here to talk about artists, art, graffiti, culture, lifestyle, and news. A forum is for everything, including the kitchen sink.

Moderator: Kidrobot Guru

Ak4play

Re: It's that time again… fantasy football time!!!

Post by Ak4play » Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:29 pm

Nothing371 wrote:aside from stupid phone applications, Yahoo fantasy is better than ESPN in nearly every facet but one. ESPN allows you to do a multi-week matchup playoff format. There are dozens of other reasons Yahoo is better than ESPN but I don't have the time to recall them all at once.

Some of the ways Yahoo is superior:
1.much better points projections forecasting. ESPN projections are nonsensical at best.
2. up to date transactions trends added/drop list and ownership percentage. ESPN % is always at least one week behind.
3. Front page waiver order and budget remaining. You have to dig for info in EPSN
4. ESPN has stupid default 'Resets each week to inverse order of standings' waiver rule. Yeah, let's reward the bad players for being bad.
5. ESPN has broken tiebreakers. One time, when set to 'most bench points' for matchup tiebreaker in non-fractional scoring, I both lost a week when I had the most bench points, and also watched the commissioner win a playoff tie with the least bench points.
6. the daily resetting waivers on ESPN is completely fcked. In one league I am in this year, the players will all be locked unable to be dropped on Sunday night, but then sometime Monday morning before 10:00 AM waivers they become droppable and people are able to sneak in claims on monday morning.
7. you can't change hardly any league settings in ESPN once you've started the season.

These are just a few I can think of off the top of my head. There are dozens more and it comes up about once a week where I notice something I hate about ESPN. Yahoo fantasy is superior to ESPN in nearly every way. I hardly consider phone app problems being valid gripes in any fashion. Phone guy needs to get a computer. Half my friends I play with are phone guys and they miss out on information constantly. They simultaneously tell me how they don't need a computer because they can do everything on their phones!, but then they miss text messages, trade proposals, can't view commissioner notes, have trouble paying their dues, and they miss any sort of information whenever it is convenient for them. Ignorance is not an excuse.

I hate phone guy and Facebook people. Take your 'devices' and go sit on them and go choke on your social networking. In the words of the great Walter Sobchak 'The world does not stop and start and your convenience you miserable piece of sht!'

I could write an entire novel on the subject of how Facebook is unhealthy for social development and the multitude of ways that personal relationships suffer because of it. The friends and family I know that are the biggest Facebook users have also suffered the most social regression. They greatly struggle maintaining their IRL releationships.

Wow, that was quite the tangential rant.
I would so read that, my last job facebook was involved and it made me hate social media.

I played this season in my phone and iPad and after reading this rant and the espn app screwing me by not saving gore over injured McKinnon .... I am a convert! Even tho gore did terrible he scored 3 I lost by 1.... Also I believed in Tannahill over Wilson and Staford... Huge mistake ...l I played so safe all year and I wanted a home run and I'm going golfing in both leagues (in canada when a team doesn't make the playoffs in NHL we joke well the boys are getting good at golf at least)

RIGHTEOUS BOARDIES aka SUCCESSFUL TRANSACTIONS :
VapDee/spoileralert, MattPower, DannyWilkes, Mightygrinch, nonamer, Scrow, Dupper, starkravinmad, Nothing371, Rageous, MPeck86, MightyGrinch, skull boy, xbtran, therealchinaman, Freakinkram88, Crash Fistfight, JFactor, hypnotiq, brai aka slacker370z, Chamber37, syx, si41872002

Wants:
World hunger to be over

TRAMPT http://trampt.com/users/Ak4play/info

NinJaSkills

Post by NinJaSkills » Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:05 am

HeyJB wrote:How are we managing the loser bowl?
Looks like the bracket is set with the bottom two teams getting a bye...WWell done commish!
I'm trying to help some under privileged kids have a fun and warm Christmas AND give a way a bunch of cool stuff!!

viewtopic.php?f=43&t=240247

Please help out if you can and please sign up! Tis the season!!!

HeyJB

Post by HeyJB » Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:48 am

NinJaSkills wrote:
Looks like the bracket is set with the bottom two teams getting a bye...WWell done commish!
You mean the top bottom teams!

NinJaSkills

Post by NinJaSkills » Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:28 pm

HeyJB wrote:
NinJaSkills wrote:
You mean the top bottom teams!
I'm just glad it ain't me in the Loser Bowl for once!! 0-4 to start off and scrapped my way into a playoff birth! By far my best KRxFF season so far.

Win Baby!
I'm trying to help some under privileged kids have a fun and warm Christmas AND give a way a bunch of cool stuff!!

I like turtles

Post by I like turtles » Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:59 am

Loser Bowl matchups:

Bye: Canadian Mercs and Dolphin Safe Tuna

Matchup (9 vs 12) - Metz vs Vinyl Champ

Matchup (10 vs 11) - Cheah vs Drftdrgn

I like turtles

Post by I like turtles » Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:03 am

Playoff Round 1 Preview:

First we have 3rd place Nike Jerks up against the Blake City WaRRioRs. Let's start off with the Yahoo projections of 120.64 to 115.40 in favor of Nike Jerks. Lets take a deeper look. The QB matchup has Nike Jerks with Peyton Manning vs Mathew Stafford. Even with Peyton having a tougher matchup against Buffalo, he should get a solid 10 more points than Stafford, big edge to Nike Jerks. Next we have the WR matchup of Julio Jones, Robert Woods and Stedman Bailey vs Mike Evans, Vincent Jackson and Julian Edelman. This should be a very close matchup, but giving the edge to the WaRRioRs. Next we have what the WaRRioRs need to bring his team to Victory with LeSean McCoy and Arian Foster going up against Dan Herron and Ryan Mathews. HUGE edge to Blake City in this matchup and he will need it to close the QB matchup gap. Next we have the TE of Martlius Bennet vs Jordan Cameron. Bennet has already played and put up some serious points (17.40), so Cameron, whom might not even get the green light to play, will need to have an epic first game back to keep pace. Edge to the Jerks. Flex has Fred Jackson vs Torrey Smith. Bleh to both guys lol, but one would learn toward the RB in most cases, which is what im doing as well, small edge to the Jerks again! I never care much for kickers, but the WaRRIoRs got a nice performance from Dan Bailey (11 points), so the jerks will need Justin Tucker to get some points in a tough matchup in Miami. Edge to Blake City as i just don't see Baltimore doing too much here. Both teams defenses aren't projected to get many points. Arizona (BCW) faces Kansas City, while Baltimore (NJ) faces Miami. Arizona has the better defense and have the benefit of playing at home. I give a small edge to the WaRRioRs here. Overall i see this matchup coming down to the very end with the Nike Jerks leaving the Blake City WaRRioRs wanting to jump off a bridge after how close they came to pulling an upset.

The second matchup has the 4th place Ninjaskills vs the 5th place Belieber's. The projected points have this 137.12 vs 124.30 in favor of Ninja. The QB matchup is beastly with Aaron Rodgers vs Andrew Luck. This should be an even matchup, so no edge. The WR paint a different picture. We have Ninja's Sanders, Jeffreys and LaFell vs D Thomas, Randle and Harvin. Jeffreys had a great game already posting 15.33 points, but even without that alreadying happening, i give a decent edge to Ninja's team here. For the RB's we have Jamal Charles and Justin "How are you so good" Forsett vs Jeremy Hill and LeVeon Bell. Ninja has a nasty one-two punch with both his RB, however Bell is a beast, BUTTTT Jeremy Hill has Gio Bernard to deal with and that will leave Hill as a TD dependent RB this week. Ninja's RB's should leave Beliebers RB's in the dust. Both TE kinda suck and Jason Witten (Beliebers) laid a stinker already with only 2.73 points. However, i see Charles Clay doing something similar, so even with Witten sucking already, i dont see an edge here lol. Flex give Ninja a nice boast with Joique Bell vs Doug Baldwin. Bell has been playing great and Baldwin is coming off a 2 catch performance last week. Seattles offense has been horrible, so edge to ninja is a major way. Kickers shouldn't help either side (Crosby vs Gostkowski), but i have to say the upside lands with Beliebers as GB scores TDs all day and NE should get more FG chances Sunday Night. Defense matchup is Houston (@Jacksonville) and Seattle (@Philadelphia). Both defenses are solid, but Jacksonville is by far a worse team than philly and Houston should see min 1 pick 6 in that game. I wish i could say this matchup would be close as the first one, but I see smooth sailing for Ninja.

Nothing371

Post by Nothing371 » Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:32 pm

Thank god I had a bye this week. Yeesh.
Good transactions: NaturalJoe, VapDee, Mhpgear1, Ryn, Dank82, Stacyjean, Danryan, Tweeder422, bla8, izzy, candycloud27, bltsports25, del730, homerj, JMDawg33, pghrobot, Techhuis, cm, DabCity2, glock325, Erroneous, normanjr, kitman34, Greggygreg, turdhole, Adultswim666, Nonegious, DrkFD3S, thermometer, Kingly Decay, w33zy16, jeanclaudeAdam

Great trades: Ghost, Tweeder422, mrxwormxsayz, dondaka, W.I.L.D., fdot, MiggaWhaat, AK4play, elias, Spenc, MattPower

Nikejerk

Post by Nikejerk » Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:21 am

All my guys sucked including Peyton. Screw running the ball Broncos but now that it's over I'm cool since if they keep that up the guy who has Peyton in my other league will suffer.

Good luck guys. May the odds be ever in your favor.
I am a 3A Legionnaire
ISO of: #1-1St Painted RealxNibbler - SDCC 2011, 2-Onell Chaos Invasion, 3 - Spectre Mini Pheyaos
My Flickr
Transactions

Commissions list is open. If we've talked I have you on the list already.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLyEGdaOhhY<---Time Lapse Video of the making of the Mega Munny Hammer Bros.
http://vimeo.com/21803727 <----New Video "How to Strip a Dunny"

N3rd Link Check out the new Blog and Podcast!

NinJaSkills

Post by NinJaSkills » Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:45 pm

Nothing371 wrote:Thank god I had a bye this week. Yeesh.
yeah me too!! In MOL I had 4 guys in single digits!! :shock:

Might have to adjust my starters for week 15!!

5 points gets me a win and a match up with you bro!!

:axe: :axe: :axe: :axe: :axe: :axe: :axe: :axe:

NinJaSkills

Post by NinJaSkills » Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:13 pm

NinJaSkills wrote:
Nothing371 wrote:and Brees finally has a game. Bout time.

Sorry Crushgroove, tough loss.
BLAMO! Perfect example of "Big Hope QB"! Nothing had most of his team in SINGLE digits!! But because he could hope that Breezy had a HUGE game for him he'd win...If you had Flaco or The Rapist(not counting his two HUGE games) or Cutler...no chance

Yo yo!! I got the Wild Card on luck!! As long as I hold to form I'll have the most points(currently 3rd overall) out side of the top 4 so I can win our or Wild card my way into the playoff!!

Any ya'll know that none of the top dogs wanna see me and Big hope A-Aaron* and my boys in the first round!

*Key and Peele....google it!
Big Game Hope!! I'm moving on!! :axe: :axe: :axe:

Thanks A-Aron & Crosby!!

Nikejerk

Post by Nikejerk » Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:09 am

So I'm in the semi's in my other league who do I start at my flex?

Kelvin Benjamin at Tampa
Stills at Chicago
Jeremy Hill at Cleveland

I'm starting Antonio Brown and Maclin at WR and
Forte and Jonathan Stewart at RB
I am a 3A Legionnaire
ISO of: #1-1St Painted RealxNibbler - SDCC 2011, 2-Onell Chaos Invasion, 3 - Spectre Mini Pheyaos
My Flickr
Transactions

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLyEGdaOhhY<---Time Lapse Video of the making of the Mega Munny Hammer Bros.

Nothing371

Post by Nothing371 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:39 am

Benjamin or Stills, I would go Stills. I just think he's a slightly better player in a better system.

Benjamin has had a great year but I don't like the strategy of 'just chuck the ball up to him'. He had a great game with Anderson earlier in the year, but changing QBs is not a good thing. They both have great matchups. I typically lean towards starting the better player when all other things are equal.

Also, this is the playoffs. One and done. So start who you can live losing with. If you have been riding Benjamin all year you might want to go with him and you'd hate to see Stills pull off a stinker.

I know it sounds dumb, man. But honestly, go with your gut. Ignore all this advice, clear your mind, ask yourself who to start and answer within 3 seconds. That guy is your man. Make the gut call, stick with it, live or die with it. Because there's a coin flips chance the guy you don't start will score more.
Good transactions: NaturalJoe, VapDee, Mhpgear1, Ryn, Dank82, Stacyjean, Danryan, Tweeder422, bla8, izzy, candycloud27, bltsports25, del730, homerj, JMDawg33, pghrobot, Techhuis, cm, DabCity2, glock325, Erroneous, normanjr, kitman34, Greggygreg, turdhole, Adultswim666, Nonegious, DrkFD3S, thermometer, Kingly Decay, w33zy16, jeanclaudeAdam

Great trades: Ghost, Tweeder422, mrxwormxsayz, dondaka, W.I.L.D., fdot, MiggaWhaat, AK4play, elias, Spenc, MattPower

Nikejerk

Post by Nikejerk » Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:34 am

well my gut says Jeremy Hill. The projections are almost dead even with my opponent so I'd rather take the likely 10–15 touches from Hill with a potential score vs a receiver who is never guarantee'd to get touches period but have much more potential for a high ceiling. I honestly like Anderson as a pocket passer and he's already thrown 2 td's to Benjamin in relief of Cam. And I've been starting 3 receivers ever since Rashad Jennings got hurt. If New Orleans is on point Stills could have a huge game, but last week showed that something is wrong there.

So I don't know right now, but your advice is good, just relax and decide.
I am a 3A Legionnaire
My Flickr
Transactions

Nothing371

Post by Nothing371 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:01 pm

Yeah man, it's tough. There is no right answer. Every league and every scoring system is different and you know best who gives you the best chance to succeed.

You're right Hill has the highest floor, so if can live with 6-7 points go with him. If you need 10+ points go with one of the receivers because Hill doesn't have much upside with Gio playing and CLE is a bad matchup.

On the bright side, all three are very good flex plays. Go with that gut! Flip flopping and last minute Sunday lineup changes always get you in trouble.

Nikejerk

Post by Nikejerk » Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:50 pm

Well I'm leaning Hill too because they announced that they're gonna go with a single guy for the majority of snaps and they chose Hill. If they follow that is unknown. If Hill and Gio were still splitting carries I'd almost definitely go with a receiver.
I am a 3A Legionnaire
My Flickr
Transactions

NinJaSkills

Post by NinJaSkills » Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:49 pm

Nikejerk wrote:Well I'm leaning Hill too because they announced that they're gonna go with a single guy for the majority of snaps and they chose Hill. If they follow that is unknown. If Hill and Gio were still splitting carries I'd almost definitely go with a receiver.
If it's a PPR Stills ALL DAY!! If you get any pts for number of carries go with Hill. They did say Hill would get the lion share so I say Hill.

I got one too...On the surface it seems like a no brainer but if you look and think on it thing get cloudy

E Lacy vs Bills(Pretty good D)
L Blount vs Miami(Cold and the Pats are gonna run the ball)

Lacy a bit banged up...Blount is the Pats back you want BUT you can never tell because BB HATES fantasy football!!

please advise

Nothing371

Post by Nothing371 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:03 pm

oh that one is easy.

Always start your studs. and especially in the playoffs. This is not the the time to get cute. Don't ever trust Belichick for anything. Blount could fumble in the first quarter and not see another snap. Start Lacy with no hesitation.

It's amazing that there is actually a second pats player you can count on this year with LaFell. He's one of the top fantasy storylines of the season.

NinJaSkills

Post by NinJaSkills » Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:55 am

Nothing371 wrote:oh that one is easy.

Always start your studs. and especially in the playoffs. This is not the the time to get cute. Don't ever trust Belichick for anything. Blount could fumble in the first quarter and not see another snap. Start Lacy with no hesitation.

It's amazing that there is actually a second pats player you can count on this year with LaFell. He's one of the top fantasy storylines of the season.

Edleman has been sold this year. Not 100 catch good like last year but solid.

Usually I agree with you on Studs. Roll with who got you there...but! Being one and done territory and there are whispers from GB head coach that Starks will get a bit more run and the chance Lacy bangs his hip and sees even fewwer snaps.

Blount clearly the dude in NE but like you said...BB hates FF!!! :badgrin: Miami has been generous vs the run and in a cold weather game it's time to run.... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I I I...I don't know!!

Nothing371

Post by Nothing371 » Sat Dec 13, 2014 1:35 pm

Ok, here's a problem I could use some help with for the fantasy playoffs:

I'm starting a WR at flex this week in a .5 PPR league because my third RBs are no good. I am considering benching AJ Green against Joe Haden and CLE because Green has been historically very bad against him. Something in the realm of 3ish points in three of his last four games. So these are my choices and I need to start three. Haden doesn't shut down everyone but he consistently shuts down Green, as shown in the rankings where he has dropped everywhere from top5 to 12ish.

AJ Green @ CLE
Vincent Jackson @ Carolina
Kenny Stills @ CHI
Donte Moncrief vs HOU
Harry Douglas vs PIT

I have to start three of these guys and will most likely be starting both V Jax and Stills. Which three do you start? If you haven't been keeping up with the latest news, both Douglas and Moncrief are very good starts this week due to Julio Jones not playing and Reggie Wayne playing very hurt.

I like turtles

Post by I like turtles » Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:22 pm

Nothing371 wrote:Ok, here's a problem I could use some help with for the fantasy playoffs:

I'm starting a WR at flex this week in a .5 PPR league because my third RBs are no good. I am considering benching AJ Green against Joe Haden and CLE because Green has been historically very bad against him. Something in the realm of 3ish points in three of his last four games. So these are my choices and I need to start three. Haden doesn't shut down everyone but he consistently shuts down Green, as shown in the rankings where he has dropped everywhere from top5 to 12ish.

AJ Green @ CLE
Kenny Stills @ CHI
Donte Moncrief vs HOU
Harry Douglas vs PIT

I have to start three of these guys and will most likely be starting both V Jax and Stills. Which three do you start? If you haven't been keeping up with the latest news, both Douglas and Moncrief are very good starts this week due to Julio Jones not playing and Reggie Wayne playing very hurt.
Green, V Jacks and Kenny

NinJaSkills

Post by NinJaSkills » Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:16 pm

Nothing371 wrote:Ok, here's a problem I could use some help with for the fantasy playoffs:

AJ Green @ CLE
Kenny Stills @ CHI
Donte Moncrief vs HOU
Harry Douglas vs PIT

Can't bench AJ green
V Jax has the cherry match up
Stills does too but I'm thinking it's Jimmy Graham time. Just a hunch on MNF stars shine brightest so JG goes off.

If Jones does not go I might do Douglas over Stills

They just reported that lacy is going to see a 50/50 split...so Does this change anybodies vote?

Lacy vs Buff
Blount vs Mia

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Nothing371

Post by Nothing371 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:27 am

My team looked so much better the other day when Andre Johnson was in there lol

Crushgroove

Post by Crushgroove » Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:28 am

I've been looking forward to this Week 12 rematch and this time its for all the marbles! I lost by 3 points last time, I won't make the same mistake again :lol: :lol: :badgrin: :badgrin:

Best of luck to you Nothing!

I like turtles

Post by I like turtles » Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:24 pm

your going down Ninja! Third place is mine lol

Ak4play

Post by Ak4play » Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:11 pm

King Lidstrom will win, you heard it first here folks!
RIGHTEOUS BOARDIES aka SUCCESSFUL TRANSACTIONS :
VapDee/spoileralert, MattPower, DannyWilkes, Mightygrinch, nonamer, Scrow, Dupper, starkravinmad, Nothing371, Rageous, MPeck86, MightyGrinch, skull boy, xbtran, therealchinaman, Freakinkram88, Crash Fistfight, JFactor, hypnotiq, brai aka slacker370z, Chamber37, syx, si41872002

Wants:
World hunger to be over

TRAMPT http://trampt.com/users/Ak4play/info