forum home kr home

Kidrobot Discussion Boards

Welcome to the best place on the web to talk about urban vinyl toys, plush, mini-figures, toy-art, toy artists, collecting, customs, & more!

It is currently Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:17 am 

I find it tough to believe you guys aren't into video games...whatcha playing?

I'm working my way through the batman games finally. About done with arkham asylum. Enjoying it so far. Hoping they get a little more polished as I go. Infamous second son up next!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:54 am 

I play something almost every single day.

I have Second son on pre-order. It will be nice to finally play a AAA exclusive on my PS4. Infamous is one of my favorite franchises and I got the platinum trophy for Infamous 2. I hope I have some pot to smoke before I pick it up.

I finished The Stick of Truth 2 days ago. It's pretty good but I don't find myself wanting to go back to get the trophies i missed. It's the best interpretation that could probably ever exist for a South Park themed game but I found it more funny than actually fun to play. The whole game kinda struck me as on big huge quick time event.

I spent 6 hours straight yesterday playing GTAV Online with my nephew. He's new to it so I was just showing him the ropes. I was surprised how much fun I had because I have already played the $#!+ out of that game. My character is at level 127.

I intend on picking Metal Gear Solid: ground zeroes this week too. I'm a sucker for open world games so hopefully it will scratch that itch. Some people are pre-maturely calling it a glorified demo but they can fcnk off and miss out.

I play almost anything PS+ offers for free. I have especially appreciated the free games for my PS4. Resogun is fncking rad and I can't wait for DLC for it. I just beat Dead nation, uhgain. Love that too. I will probably play Tomb raider again at some even though I beat a year ago because it's so good.

I recently enjoyed the DLC backstory for Ellie on the Last of us. That was eye opening. I wondering where the fcnk the last piece of DLC Bioshock is. I intend to pick up Watchdogs and Destiny and that newly revealed next-gen Batman game and really hope driving the Batmobile will be fun.

I play Zen Pinball 2 about once a month and have all the tables [it's like 30+ or something]. They just keep on putting out great new tables for it.

I want Borderlands 3 badly but it looks like it could be 3 or 4 years before we see it.

I play Angry Birds and Plants vs Zombies 2 on my iphone a lot.

I hope E3 has a ton of surprises in store. I can't believe how much I still play my PS3. It will be nice to finally completely migrate to my PS4 but that's not going to happen anytime soon. I like my PS4 controllers better than the PS3 and I love that the have a headphone jack.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:55 pm 

Dark Souls 2

Good trades with: Chapper, Bundleofjon, wigalicous, c.feng, unoudid
Good transactions with: Turbobert, Flinst0wned

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:27 am 

Rented Stick of Truth yesterday and it's so much fun! I can't wait to get my copy from ubisoft..

For Trade
For Sale

"Every man has inside himself a parasitic being who is acting not at all to his advantage..."
- William S. Burroughs

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:40 pm 

Nice! I do lots of playstation gaming too. Had plus for a very long time. I beat dead nation on my ps3 and only played a little on my ps4. Resogun is awesome though. I actually liked skylanders best on my ps4 so far. I always assumed it was a game for kids and no good but I got the starter kit for $40 on sale and had a lot of fun.

Still working through arkham asylum. I think I'm probably about 85% done. Might finish today.

I haven't played stick of truth yet. I want it but rarely feel comfortable buying games before a price drop. I only get 5-10 $60 games per year, and that's not a lot to me because I get something new pretty much weekly. I don't like renting because I collect games. Planning on trying for stick of truth platinum.

Psn is oisterboy if anyone wants to add me.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:40 pm 

I've been playing injustice for the past several months since I'm not getting a next gen console (don't plan on it at least). Can't touch me with Aquaman! :)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:24 pm 

I permanently missed one chinpokemon in the school the first time around so I have to go kill myself now.

I'm playing Final Fantasy 14 on pc most of the time. Going to start up Dark Souls 2 tonight. Dark Souls was the best console game of 2011. I am also just getting started with Bravely Default and am still not quite finished with Persona 4 on Vita. So many games and too little time to play them all.

Good transactions: NaturalJoe, VapDee, Mhpgear1, Ryn, Dank82, Stacyjean, Danryan, Tweeder422, bla8, izzy, candycloud27, bltsports25, del730, homerj, JMDawg33, pghrobot, Techhuis, cm, DabCity2, glock325, Erroneous, normanjr, kitman34, Greggygreg, turdhole, Adultswim666, Nonegious, DrkFD3S, thermometer, Kingly Decay, w33zy16, jeanclaudeAdam

Great trades: Ghost, Tweeder422, mrxwormxsayz, dondaka, W.I.L.D., fdot, MiggaWhaat, AK4play, elias, Spenc, MattPower

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:21 pm 

Oh how I loved persona 4 on the vita. So great. Persona 5 was announced, but I think it had a 2015 release date.

At the final battle of batman. After years of daily use (like 6 hours a day cause I always leave netflix on for noise) my ps3 is making some kinda crazy vibrating noise. I'm assuming it's probably on its way out. It has served me extremely well. At least they're pretty cheap to replace now. And I can just switch the hard drive I think.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:39 pm 

Oisterboy wrote:
I find it tough to believe you guys aren't into video games...whatcha playing?

I'm working my way through the batman games finally. About done with arkham asylum. Enjoying it so far. Hoping they get a little more polished as I go. Infamous second son up next!

Lego Batman 2 was an excellent installment.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:09 am 

Oisterboy wrote:
Nice! I do lots of playstation gaming too. Had plus for a very long time. I beat dead nation on my ps3 and only played a little on my ps4. Resogun is awesome though. I actually liked skylanders best on my ps4 so far. I always assumed it was a game for kids and no good but I got the starter kit for $40 on sale and had a lot of fun.

Still working through arkham asylum. I think I'm probably about 85% done. Might finish today.

I haven't played stick of truth yet. I want it but rarely feel comfortable buying games before a price drop. I only get 5-10 $60 games per year, and that's not a lot to me because I get something new pretty much weekly. I don't like renting because I collect games. Planning on trying for stick of truth platinum.

Psn is oisterboy if anyone wants to add me.

I recommend waiting for a price drop on Stick of Truth. It was over way too fast.

My PSN is SuzieCuzie is anyone wants to add me. I never tell anyone "no". I hardly play any games online unless they are co-op.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:17 am 

Ubisoft just announced Watchdogs should take the average gamer 35 to 40 hours to complete and for those who attempt to see everything it's closer to a hundred [and that's before even bothering with multi-player]. God I hope it's good and looks good on my PS4.

I also just found out that those that register their copy of Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes will be receiving some kind of extra dlc when Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain comes out [which is being hinted at coming out at the beginning of 2015]. Also, in case you missed it, your progress in GZ will affect the story in TPP and that TPP will be 200 times larger than GZ [and they are suggesting most players won't finish it because it's too big].

Hell yeah, big fat @$$ games. More please. Pleeease.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:23 am 

I pretty much bought my PS4 initially to be able to play Watch Dogs on it so they delay was upsetting. Good to see that it's only about two months out now.

The new Metal Gear Solid is reportedly only about a 2hour campaign, much like the tanker mission in MGS2. Yeah, two hours. That was the reason for their $40 to $30 price drop and the new price still isn't even justifiable. You can pretty much count on the game being included in The Phantom Pain as well. Although this was the most anticipated game for the new systems for me, I won't be buying this purely out of principle. That's not even DLC length. If the price comes down to $15ish then maybe. So unfortunate.

Good transactions: NaturalJoe, VapDee, Mhpgear1, Ryn, Dank82, Stacyjean, Danryan, Tweeder422, bla8, izzy, candycloud27, bltsports25, del730, homerj, JMDawg33, pghrobot, Techhuis, cm, DabCity2, glock325, Erroneous, normanjr, kitman34, Greggygreg, turdhole, Adultswim666, Nonegious, DrkFD3S, thermometer, Kingly Decay, w33zy16, jeanclaudeAdam

Great trades: Ghost, Tweeder422, mrxwormxsayz, dondaka, W.I.L.D., fdot, MiggaWhaat, AK4play, elias, Spenc, MattPower

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:08 pm 

Nothing371 wrote:
I pretty much bought my PS4 initially to be able to play Watch Dogs on it so they delay was upsetting. Good to see that it's only about two months out now.

The new Metal Gear Solid is reportedly only about a 2hour campaign, much like the tanker mission in MGS2. Yeah, two hours. That was the reason for their $40 to $30 price drop and the new price still isn't even justifiable. You can pretty much count on the game being included in The Phantom Pain as well. Although this was the most anticipated game for the new systems for me, I won't be buying this purely out of principle. That's not even DLC length. If the price comes down to $15ish then maybe. So unfortunate.

1. It's only 2 hours long if you stick to the main story. If you do all the side missions it's closer to 8 hours. I don't know about you but I don't play open world games and then not explore them. Anyone who complains about the length probably about skipped about half the content in GTAV. If you want a linear experience, stay away from open world games a stop complaining while the rest of us have fun.

2. there are a lot of games that are $60 and last only 16 hours, so $30 for 8 hours seems fair.

3. If you want to wait a whole year to experience the next level of awesomeness of MGS, that's on you. I think I will just go ahead and experience it 2 days from now.

4. The ONLY reason why Ground Zeroes exists is because they need money BADLY to finish The phantom Pain. It simply got too big. To me, It's like donating to kickstarter to help this only the prize I'm getting to do it isn't some throw away bull$#!+ garbage.

One a side note: The reason why Watchdogs ended up being so big was BECAUSE of delays. Complain less. I would rather wait forever for a game done right than a rushed and flawed one.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:14 pm 

I'm keeping my excitement for watch dogs in check. Its a very ambitious project. Not saying it won't be good, but I'm being conservative until I read some real reviews.

Finished arkham asylum this morning...onto city.

Is infamous really coming out Friday? Thats a strange day for a release. I'd do the midnight release if they have one but I can't cash my check until 12...hmmm.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:54 pm 

Steve The Recycler wrote:
1. It's only 2 hours long if you stick to the main story. If you do all the side missions it's closer to 8 hours. I don't know about you but I don't play open world games and then not explore them. Anyone who complains about the length probably about skipped about half the content in GTAV. If you want a linear experience, stay away from open world games a stop complaining while the rest of us have fun.

2. there are a lot of games that are $60 and last only 16 hours, so $30 for 8 hours seems fair.

3. If you want to wait a whole year to experience the next level of awesomeness of MGS, that's on you. I think I will just go ahead and experience it 2 days from now.

4. The ONLY reason why Ground Zeroes exists is because they need money BADLY to finish The phantom Pain. It simply got too big. To me, It's like donating to kickstarter to help this only the prize I'm getting to do it isn't some throw away bull$#!+ garbage.

One a side note: The reason why Watchdogs ended up being so big was BECAUSE of delays. Complain less. I would rather wait forever for a game done right than a rushed and flawed one.
Way to take a friendly discussion and turn it into a hostile argument. You really are nuts.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:00 pm 

Nothing371 wrote:
Steve The Recycler wrote:

Way to take a friendly discussion and turn it into a hostile argument. You really are nuts.

My points are valid, crybaby.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:18 pm 

Really looking forward to Watch Dogs and The Division but that's not out til December :\

My Xbox One has been a doorstop. Nothing has interested me. I'm still playing Minecraft on my 360.

My thumbs up boardie transactions: Eiji, ClarkR, danryan, dbfree, specialaok, hitechkoolaid, Quest1, malac_cj, DrewBlood, Wyldeaxe, TEN21, xxxclandestinexxx, KIDCANNON10, igbid, MattPower, zbakes, jFactor, MusicMan02, ceralwarz, slosnailgary, griffndunn

Trampt
flickr

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:35 pm 

DirtyDiva wrote:
Really looking forward to Watch Dogs and The Division but that's not out til December :\

My Xbox One has been a doorstop. Nothing has interested me. I'm still playing Minecraft on my 360.

I have never been interested in tom Clancy games but I have to say The Division looks truly next gen. I haven't played Minecraft yet because I'm still waiting for it to show up on the PS4.

aaaaaaand the first reviews of MGS: Ground Zeroes are coming in, and what do you know, it kicks complete @$$:

http://gamingbolt.com/metal-gear-solid- ... uperb-3840

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:09 pm 

Just beat Stick of Truth...which is actually how I found out about Kidrobot! Didn't buy the collectors edition but I read about everything that came with it.

Ideal Trade: my Hyperchicken for your Elzar && Roberto

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:26 pm 

Gamefly just shipped GZ...
And they'll ship Infamous:SS in a few days...so I guess those two games for a while...probably until Watchdogs...

Might finally finish AC IV sometime in there though too.

Wanna be jerked around? Deal with Kevin0322

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:45 am 

titanfall

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:29 am 

IGN gave GZ an 8. Not bad for a "demo": http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/03/18/ ... oes-review

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:45 am 

Currently working my way through the BioShock series, just started the first one a few weeks ago.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:16 pm 

Stick of truth, gta v and always keen for bo2 zombies on Xbox 360
Bought a ps4 in January but havnt played it much didn't really like ghosts, just waiting on all the new games this year

Luke chueh 3" custom dunnys

Great transactions with: dopevynil, Frankinkram, Merlin, To_designs, realtyguy808, whitefalcontle, ninja skills, c.feng, tsoli727, turbobert, F1shcustoms, homerj
Sorry if I forgot anyone

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:07 pm 

I finished Stick of Truth this past weekend. Madden, Hearthstone, Starcraft 2....and waiting for WatchDogs. :D

My Dealings: http://forums.kidrobot.com/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=83419&p=2460950#p2460950

It's all GroOoOvy!