forum home kr home

Kidrobot Discussion Boards

Welcome to the best place on the web to talk about urban vinyl toys, plush, mini-figures, toy-art, toy artists, collecting, customs, & more!

It is currently Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:18 am 

I am also new to collecting. I got a Luke Chueh Black+Gold Target from a store th other day and the box has a fingertip sized hole in it. Is that something to worry about?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:12 am 

How much dust do those Detolf cases let in? I'm interested in something that will really keep my collection dust free as much as possible. Seems like there's pretty big gaps around the door, right?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:32 am 

I find that I have to dust toys in my detolfs maybe once per year.

References: Squidnik, halfapparition, foto junkaay, 1v1artin, NinJaSkills, hova, gmiddleswarth, frankthefish, Chauskoskis, ClarkR, rundmb, reactor88, jennipho, thetonybot, 666ways2love, Quest_Ion, NSTNATE, SecurityGeek, dimply_gecko, tsoli727, Dupper, BOOKER73, zombiemonkie, BRADLEYAFRANK, busizem718 + more (146 total transactions)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:11 pm 

I currently collect prints, but I'm trying to get into collecting skate decks. Any advice on how or where to find decks that are out of print or way under the radar? I've made posts on art forums, skate forums and Facebook groups right now, but no leads yet. :(

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:05 pm 

automatic_tiger wrote:
How much dust do those Detolf cases let in? I'm interested in something that will really keep my collection dust free as much as possible. Seems like there's pretty big gaps around the door, right?

I concur with Paul, they dont let much dust in at all. You could certainly lessen the gaps if need be. Also, i recently just got a third detolf, the newer models have a bit smaller gap. (they also come with risers/feet.....haha wtf?)

IKEA detolfs are absolutely the best value display option for a budget, while still being pretty sleek if you're okay with particle board.... AND I have moved with mine 4 times now with only taking off the doors and removing shelves. They are still tip top shape.

Currently Looking for:
Bwana Spoons
Mars-1 Mini Figure full set (blue-gray)
3A Dropcloth Slaughterhouse 1/6
3A Marquis de Plume
Super7 Mongolion Red Jade
Paul Kaiju Slugbeard
Mutant Vinyl Hardcore
Cure Toys

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:12 pm 

Bushido, there is a non-profit group called Project Loop in Taylor, Texas that has been doing a 50/50 fundraiser the last couple of years. 50/50 gets numerous artists to design skate decks which are auctioned off. It most recently ended in December, but you can check out some of the previous decks online.