forum home kr home

Kidrobot Discussion Boards

Welcome to the best place on the web to talk about urban vinyl toys, plush, mini-figures, toy-art, toy artists, collecting, customs, & more!

It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:18 pm 

good reply. when you get a chance, tell that stick in your butt to take the stick out of it's butt. got any pictures of your sick customs, brahhhhh?

People I'm comfortable dealing with: Hypnotiq, Fuller, Eyeforaneye, DrftDrgn21, Chrisosaur, Irulan, Zombiemonkie, Pomasta, dunzo, esro, nerviswr3k, AlbertOne, blackandblueNH, CasWunn, Janeeliz22 (if i forgot you, pm me)
I would never deal with Art Asylum Boston or Jason Zenga. This is why.

How to Prep your Dunny (by Mezzn and Fail2Evolve) http://vimeo.com/24965810

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:28 pm 

erm, sure? you want me to post em here or pm ya?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:34 pm 

fail2evolve wrote:
good reply. when you get a chance, tell that stick in your butt to take the stick out of it's butt. got any pictures of your sick customs, brahhhhh?

There are artists, and then there are fans/collectors. I'm a collector, not an artist, and I do not need to claim to be one in order to critique your "work". As for you, I have no idea what the hell you are. I do not need to make any customs or art to appreciate it and to know what is a great piece, and what is extremely rough around the edges, with no particular style, just a bunch of renditions of other things. I think you know which group you pile into between the two. I am indeed a very relaxed person, but you seem to be a bit of basket case, and how you treat the few people who hit you up for commissions if they disagree with you is more along the lines of you having a stick up your butt. Enjoy your delusions of grandeur, and have a nice day.

D.M.

WTB ~ Anything LAU

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:57 pm 

dodgrr wrote:
erm, sure? you want me to post em here or pm ya?

not you dodgrr, i appreciate your reply and see the point to what you said. i agree wholeheartedly, except for shepherd art being liked by me :p

People I'm comfortable dealing with: Hypnotiq, Fuller, Eyeforaneye, DrftDrgn21, Chrisosaur, Irulan, Zombiemonkie, Pomasta, dunzo, esro, nerviswr3k, AlbertOne, blackandblueNH, CasWunn, Janeeliz22 (if i forgot you, pm me)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:03 pm 

south_paw wrote:
fail2evolve wrote:

There are artists, and then there are fans/collectors. I'm a collector, not an artist, and I do not need to claim to be one in order to critique your "work". As for you, I have no idea what the hell you are. I do not need to make any customs or art to appreciate it and to know what is a great piece, and what is extremely rough around the edges, with no particular style, just a bunch of renditions of other things. I think you know which group you pile into between the two. I am indeed a very relaxed person, but you seem to be a bit of basket case, and how you treat the few people who hit you up for commissions if they disagree with you is more along the lines of you having a stick up your butt. Enjoy your delusions of grandeur, and have a nice day.

D.M.

I like that you ignore most of the things i say and just repeat yourself.

For a kid that was complimenting a pikachu custom, you sure flip flop a lot on what's a "rendition of other things" and what constitutes art (you do realize how stupid you sound right? all that college wasted....)

wait a sec, you were the bag that was trashing ctu's BB series, weren't you? hahaha, never mind. run along.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:48 am 

technically all you need to do is change an image 25% in order to get around the copyright. its insane, but that is the law, or at least that was the law a few years ago when i was in college.

im an artist, and one of the teachers had a lecture one day about ripping other artists off. he showed us the 'inspiration' for some famous posters.

also fairey is one of those typical graphic designers who never had a good foundation in drawing. he can design up the wahoo, but as for original designs?

so he remixes art. but a TON of artists, including a ton of kidrobot artists sample other designs for their own use as well.

i do not think its bad to use clip art type stuff. but to sample full on designs is lame, if you ask me.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:34 am 

I'm not all that interested in Fairey, but I am interested in the copyright debate, so I'm going to hijack this thread and ask you all about my own stuff. Infringement or no?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:27 pm 

echobanzai wrote:
technically all you need to do is change an image 25% in order to get around the copyright. its insane, but that is the law, or at least that was the law a few years ago when i was in college.

im an artist, and one of the teachers had a lecture one day about ripping other artists off. he showed us the 'inspiration' for some famous posters.

also fairey is one of those typical graphic designers who never had a good foundation in drawing. he can design up the wahoo, but as for original designs?

so he remixes art. but a TON of artists, including a ton of kidrobot artists sample other designs for their own use as well.

i do not think its bad to use clip art type stuff. but to sample full on designs is lame, if you ask me.

have you ever seen bomb it? shepherd fairy's part amounts to him saying the "andre has a posse" was a quick demo with no thought involved, and that he didn't even think anything of it, but continued to put it out in variations because it got him paid. great message, d-bag.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:13 pm 

fail2evolve wrote:
echobanzai wrote:

have you ever seen bomb it? shepherd fairy's part amounts to him saying the "andre has a posse" was a quick demo with no thought involved, and that he didn't even think anything of it, but continued to put it out in variations because it got him paid. great message, d-bag.

i saw that, and loved the way he talked about getting arrested to have cred.....even if it's a planned, intentional arrest? what a homo

My Blog!

Flickr

Add Me On Facebook

Twitter, follow and i'll return the favor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:06 am 

Zero Mistro wrote:
i love how you guys give him so much attention for hating on him so much. :D

:D :D :D :D

BUMP ME

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:39 pm 

Just for fun... the most awesome bit of ripping ever was Milton Glaser biting Duchamp on that Dylan poster. And better yet, Glaser then bit his own Dylan poster for a lecture on plagiarism at Cooper-Union.

Good times!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:12 pm 

"A good artist copies, a great artist steals. " - a banksy piece told me so!

i think you guys are holding people to such standards its ridiculous, yeah a sell out sucks but sometimes you may look like something your not. i dont think shepard is a sell out, just maybe played his hand a little wrong, but thats my opinion.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:10 pm 

SHEP ROCKS, some of you waste way too much of your life talking about what another man does wrong, when you have done ziltch with your own accomplishments. It's takes a special quality to allow yourself to constantly be on stage open to criticism all the time, and still be able to stay on track and continue to do what you set out to do. America loves to sit and watch people grow in success and then as soon as they become relevant, you jump up to try to hang them out dry, and pawn it off as old news, this week we're in love with Wanksy.

It disgusts me, Shepard has spent i believe 2 decades putting in major amounts of street level work, thats 20 yrs b4 most of you couch potatoes and vinyl collector hobbiests even had a compass to tell you what direction was "cool".

Shep's work is hit or miss for me, but it's what he represents as a person along with his work that I enjoy and support. If anyone wants to sit and call him a fraud, then in the same breath I'll let you debate Warhol or any other artist in the past 40 yrs that took an image and made it more famous then it originally was intended.

Shep will be here long after the peanut gallery goes home, believe it.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:42 am 

^^^ <3

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:36 pm 

lets take a quick survey:

raise your hand if you love KAWS or Banksy or Frank Kozik and hate Shepard Feirey.

That's what i though. you can put your hands down now.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:27 pm 

you rock :rock:

that is all..

KAYGARFIELD wrote:
SHEP ROCKS, some of you waste way too much of your life talking about what another man does wrong, when you have done ziltch with your own accomplishments. It's takes a special quality to allow yourself to constantly be on stage open to criticism all the time, and still be able to stay on track and continue to do what you set out to do. America loves to sit and watch people grow in success and then as soon as they become relevant, you jump up to try to hang them out dry, and pawn it off as old news, this week we're in love with Wanksy.

It disgusts me, Shepard has spent i believe 2 decades putting in major amounts of street level work, thats 20 yrs b4 most of you couch potatoes and vinyl collector hobbiests even had a compass to tell you what direction was "cool".

Shep's work is hit or miss for me, but it's what he represents as a person along with his work that I enjoy and support. If anyone wants to sit and call him a fraud, then in the same breath I'll let you debate Warhol or any other artist in the past 40 yrs that took an image and made it more famous then it originally was intended.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:47 am 

orlowone wrote:
lets take a quick survey:

raise your hand if you love KAWS or Banksy or Frank Kozik and hate Shepard Feirey.

That's what i though. you can put your hands down now.

Quoted for the truth. Any chance we can go back to discussing how shady ABB is now...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:55 pm 

As mentioned previously just got conned by Zenga a while ago... He's reached me out from Instagram offering to sell the new Murakami DOB's and skate decks... After a long conversation he's convinced me not to use paypal, and I've wired the amount into his bank account. After weeks, I've realized his insta account was full of crap, no genuine followers or else...

After a long radio silence!... Recently he's reached me out and said he's legit, will refund back the money and put me off with trumped excuses... I'm planning to file a FBI case against him, don't care to spend 10x more than what he's stolen from me!...

Anyone has any clues regarding this crook, pls distribute this message and appreciate to gather any additional information regarding this thief!!! Insta: fat2505 or firat@medyapunto.com

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:57 am 

KAYGARFIELD wrote:

fat5 wrote:
As mentioned previously just got conned by Zenga a while ago... He's reached me out from Instagram offering to sell the new Murakami DOB's and skate decks... After a long conversation he's convinced me not to use paypal, and I've wired the amount into his bank account. After weeks, I've realized his insta account was full of crap, no genuine followers or else...

After a long radio silence!... Recently he's reached me out and said he's legit, will refund back the money and put me off with trumped excuses... I'm planning to file a FBI case against him, don't care to spend 10x more than what he's stolen from me!...

Anyone has any clues regarding this crook, pls distribute this message and appreciate to gather any additional information regarding this thief!!! Insta: fat2505 or firat@medyapunto.com

Would a Toy Collectors Bill of Rights have helped this from happening? Probably not, but figured to drop in a TCBoR mention. And wanted to highlight a comment that I have had bookmarked for over a decade, who is Vapdee?

viewtopic.php?f=43&t=233307

Toy Collectors Bill of Rights - Founder

"Did you ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?"?